I have been an SF user since the days of SF 1. Moved and reinstalled on several computers. Now I have an issue that has me stumped.

Is there a way to Install ALL SF2 elements on one drive?  In my case, on my disk (drive "D"} that has more available space than my SSD (Drive C). When recently re-installing I selected install position on Drive D but all the detailed 'mod" files end up on crowded C drive.

Thanks

The game is completely portable. You can move instaled game itself and MOD folder as well. You need:

1) step open Options.ini in your mod folder with a notpad and write the new way to your mod folder where you want to place your mod folder/ For example

[Mods]
ModsEnabled=TRUE
Directory=D:\GAMES\ThirdWireMODfolderNEW\StrikeFighters2 NATO Fighters Plus
Editors=StrikeFighters2

[ScreenShots]
Directory=D:\GAMES\ThirdWireMODfolderNEW\StrikeFighters2 NATO Fighters Plus\ScreenShots
Format=JPG

2) Run the game once and start missian and turn the game off. Without it the game overwrite your newly moved moded aircrafts by default ones

3) move your mod folder to your new place

4) keep Options.ini at the place it is and dont move it

Edited by bazillius
  • Like 2

what he said. got the core game on the SSD drive, and all but two of my mod folders in my 1 TB drive. i recall it being more complex than that in actual practice, but it reads out about right for how to do it.