Anyone know a good site to get unit and serial info on the A-10? As im working through my F-16 project, keep thinking of doing more whole wing releases like i did with the 23d Wing.  but the other wings arent as well documented as the one that carries the Flying Tigers heritage

im looking for something like f-16.net. its proven to be a godsend for the Viper project and there isnt too much reading between the lines on aircraft assignments.

thank you.

first one is good for where they are, but i need a where they've been. especially with the big chunk that were retired in the drawdown of the 90s.

the second one is not of much use to me

---------------------------

i appreciate any replies, but im afraid it may be spitballing here. not to many sites out there have comprehensive histories on each (or even most of) the airframes across a production run. i got really spoiled by f-16.net and was hoping the Hog might have something similar

does Joe Baugher's site go to the more "recent" serials?? Maybe ??

you know, joe baughers is great for what came off the factory floor, what contracts got cancelled and what crashed. but save for small batch high profile cases (like the B-1B) it tends to be counter productive on the where they were stationed.

Since i couldn't find that parking spot in Atlantis, you've decided to send me off to find that 1 palm tree in Greenland, haven;t you? This link doesn't tell you which ones are there, but it will at least tell you where some of them were in 2016, but it leaves out where they are now.

But I'll keep looking, even though both are probably on the East slope of Krakatoa. (I'm gonna find that tree and park under it.)

https://www.globalsecurity.org/jhtml/jframe.html#https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/report/gao/679205.pdf|||Force Structure: Better Information Needed to Support Air Force A-10 and Other Future Divestment Decisions

Edited by Nightshade/PR
  • Like 1

warthogaircraftdatabase.blogspot.com and warthognews.blogspot.com want to check, you might

information, find a lot you will, but messy it is,  time and patience are needed and answers find you will.

• Like 1

Jarek. a big thank you cause on surface thats the closest to what im looking for so far, and a laugh cause not sure if youre tired or being Yoda :lol:

Ron, it is outside my scope (90s) but very informative. defineatly a keeper as docs go

Im edging more and more towards the 347th Wing and 51st Wing being composite jobs like the 23rd was. lets see what a deep look on the sites shows