Hi everyone, as some of you may have seen in the WIP mega thread, I'm currently working on the Canadian version of the F-15. The pictures were posted during vacations time, but now I'm back at university. During this time I want to keep working, though, so I'm looking for a partner who's willing to participate in the creation of planes, mainly testing them and taking screenshots, since the computer I'm doing the mods in turns into a nuclear reactor everytime I open SF2. If you are interested, please PM me and I'll answer you ASAP.

Thanks to everyone...!

Canadian F-15 version... a what-if that was almost reality when the US wanted us to buy the F-14 that were sold to Iran but not been delivered when the agreement collapsed due to regime change :)

Plan to do what exactly (sqdn, time period, etc.)

13 hours ago, 1977Frenchie said:

Canadian F-15 version... a what-if that was almost reality when the US wanted us to buy the F-14 that were sold to Iran but not been delivered when the agreement collapsed due to regime change :)

Plan to do what exactly (sqdn, time period, etc.)

I was planning to do something more modern, as the F/A-18 are quite old airframes, the 401 and 409 squadron planes have been replaced with the CF-15E, the canadian variant of the F-15EX, to have flyable planes available until Canada recieves all F-35 units... (2018-2030 or further). I've been working on the decals and other stuff, though I need to take some screenshots and test the planes. 

That simplifies a lot.

Note that the ''side'' roundels have changed in 2017-2018 period. See this image as exemple A “new look” for RCAF aircraft - News Article - Royal Canadian Air Force -  Canada.ca

As for the squadrons, you must have the 410 as this is the Tactical Fighter Operational Training Squadron.

Would be a good thing to have the 401 or 409 (Cold Lake) as the West component, but i would surely put the 425 or 433 (Bagotville) for the East component. And i would not go with more than 24 birds (2 sqn of 12 unit) if it's to fill a gap (we don't have that much money) :)

For the Sqn decals, a lot have already been done on the CF-18 i made the decals for on the ODS30th anniversary project. Might have to take a look :)

As for the name, as there is already the CT-155 Hawk in RCAF inventory and going with the RCAF plane number designations, i would doubt they would name the F-15 CF-155. So I would go with CF-115 instead. All serials number will have 6 numbers beginning by 115 (115001, 115002, and so on).

You can send me what you will have done and test it with pleasure and give you my comments :)

• Like 3