CF-115 Northern Eagle

CF-115 Northern Eagle:

The CF-115 Northern Eagle is a special F-15E variant developed by Boeing to fill the requirements of the Royal Canadian Air Force and replace 3 CF-188 squadrons, the 409th, 410th and the 425th. The plane is very similar to the F-15EX, but it keeps in mind the air dominance role. It was introduced in 2018, and still flies today. 

Big shoutouts to 1977Frenchie, who helped me a lot with this, guided me through all the process and tested the plane (this mod is 51% made by him, basically), and Viper63a, who created the SUPERB F-15E mod.

THIS IS FREEWARE ONLY

Have a good hunt, fly high and fast!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Spinners

View File [Fictional] Canadair CF-103 Callisto
      Canadair CF-103 Callisto for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a simple mod of the stock MiG-19S to give a very fictional 'what if' Canadair CF-103 Callisto with markings for No.423 Squadron and No.433 Squadron of the Royal Canadian Air Force. I did this as a request back in 2009 and this update is just to add a screenshot to the listing but I've changed the name to fit in with the Canadian system of aircraft designation (the real CF-103 never left the drawing board) and I've also tweaked a few things including the Third Wire MiG-19's ferocious rate of roll at low-level.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the CF-103 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the CF-103 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      As always, thanks to Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      Special thanks to Rambler 1-1 for his request which lead to this bit of fun. 
      And, finally, thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 7th, 2024.

Submitter Spinners Submitted 12/31/2009 Category What If Hangar  
    • By Spinners
      Canadair CF-103 Callisto for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a simple mod of the stock MiG-19S to give a very fictional 'what if' Canadair CF-103 Callisto with markings for No.423 Squadron and No.433 Squadron of the Royal Canadian Air Force. I did this as a request back in 2009 and this update is just to add a screenshot to the listing but I've changed the name to fit in with the Canadian system of aircraft designation (the real CF-103 never left the drawing board) and I've also tweaked a few things including the Third Wire MiG-19's ferocious rate of roll at low-level.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the CF-103 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the CF-103 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      As always, thanks to Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      Special thanks to Rambler 1-1 for his request which lead to this bit of fun. 
      And, finally, thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 7th, 2024.

• By Coupi

View File AIM-97A Seekbat for SF2
      What if Mod : AIM-97A Seekbat for SF2
      v1.0.0

1) History
          Studied by General Dynamics, the Seekbat tested under the designation XAIM-97 was a USAF 
          attempt to field a long range AAM for intercepting the Foxbat.
          This 590 kg air-to- air weapon was a SAHM. Its speed was Mach 3+ and its range was 90 km.
          The Seekbat was another Standard missile derivate...

2) Installation
          This AAM uses the AGM-78 LOD file from Strike Fighters 2.
          I have repainted the tile and created the needed files with the TW Weapon Editor.

Put the "Objects" folder to your SF2 Directory

In order to fire it you could fly the Thirdwire F-15A and you need edit the data.ini of the plane 
          and add "SAHM" entry to this file :
              // Weapon Stations --------------------------
              [LeftWingStation]
              SystemType=WEAPON_STATION
              StationID=1
              StationGroupID=2
              AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,LGB,EOGB,MER,FT,SAHM
              AttachmentType=NATO,USAF
              FuelTankName=Tank610_F15
              FuelTankNodeName=droptank_wing_L
              [RightWingStation]
              StationID=2
              StationGroupID=2
              AttachmentType=NATO,USAF
              FuelTankName=Tank610_F15
              FuelTankNodeName=droptank_wing_R

3) What if story 
          1980 over Europe : the AIM-97A Seekbat is in operational service !

Its your turn now !

Coupi ;)
      Submitter Coupi Submitted 11/01/2022 Category Single Ordnance Files  
    • By Coupi
      What if Mod : AIM-97A Seekbat for SF2
      v1.0.0

1) History
          Studied by General Dynamics, the Seekbat tested under the designation XAIM-97 was a USAF 
          attempt to field a long range AAM for intercepting the Foxbat.
          This 590 kg air-to- air weapon was a SAHM. Its speed was Mach 3+ and its range was 90 km.
          The Seekbat was another Standard missile derivate...

2) Installation
          This AAM uses the AGM-78 LOD file from Strike Fighters 2.
          I have repainted the tile and created the needed files with the TW Weapon Editor.

Put the "Objects" folder to your SF2 Directory

In order to fire it you could fly the Thirdwire F-15A and you need edit the data.ini of the plane 
          and add "SAHM" entry to this file :
              // Weapon Stations --------------------------
              [LeftWingStation]
              StationID=1
              StationGroupID=2
              AttachmentType=NATO,USAF
              FuelTankName=Tank610_F15
              FuelTankNodeName=droptank_wing_L
              [RightWingStation]
              StationID=2
              StationGroupID=2
              AttachmentType=NATO,USAF
              FuelTankName=Tank610_F15
              FuelTankNodeName=droptank_wing_R

3) What if story 
          1980 over Europe : the AIM-97A Seekbat is in operational service !

Its your turn now !

Coupi ;)
    • By DinoGarner
      Hello, Folks!
      My upcoming coffee-table book is TOPGUN: The Otherworldly Dreams of a Lifelong Ten Year Old. It features breathtaking images from my flights at TOPGUN, plus units of the Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard. Our colleague, Navy Captain “Heater” Heatley, said, “Pretty cool graphics and layout. Nice pics!”    I’d like you and your colleagues and beyond to review an unfinished, first-draft copy my book, fall in love with it, and write testimonials/blurbs, please. The book will be published in early 2023, so you have some time to say yes. I’m also offering all the beautiful aviation images that appear in the book free of charge to air and space museums worldwide in perpetuity. My small way of giving back for inspiration over my lifetime.   First, I’m Dino Garner, former scientist, Army Ranger, corporate merc, military aviation photographer, NY Times bestselling ghostwriter and editor of many cool books. Back in the day, I was the only independent civilian photographer to fly in all frontline fighters and attack aircraft of the US Air Force, Navy and Marines, plus helos of the Coast Guard. Had to quit that fun to report for duty as a US Army Airborne Ranger.   Modesty aside, I took some stunning images that were on the covers and interiors of Smithsonian Air&Space, Newsweek, Time, US News and World Report, and in dozens of books, newspapers, articles, etc.   The final book will be a 550-page coffee-table book that features my military aviation images, plus chapters by prominent people: Foreword by aviation neuropsychologist Dr. David Prewett, “Zatar” by Lt Gen Dave Deptula, Boyword by a 10-year-old boy/student pilot, and Afterword by Dave Senior’s son, Lt Col “Ghost” Deptula. There will also be a special dedication to "Heater" Heatley.   This is also unique: I added dozens of candid pix of my fighter pilots and support personnel in scrapbook fashion and added some cool graphics that look like advertisements for the US military fighter aviation.   I have spared no expense in the production of this book: it will be printed by the best offset-printing company of high-end books, in South Korea. Heavy, matte art paper interior; cloth hardcover with an added French-fold cover. A draft of the full cover is below. Dimensions: 8.5”H x 11”W x 2.5”D.   If you’d like to see the entire book, I can email you a Dropbox link to download the full-color pdf file to view on your computer. It’s too large to view directly on Dropbox.   Many thanks for listening. I hope you’ll consider my proposal.   Cheers,   Dino “Wang” Garner   dino@topgun.photography

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..