Hello, Folks!

My upcoming coffee-table book is TOPGUN: The Otherworldly Dreams of a Lifelong Ten Year Old. It features breathtaking images from my flights at TOPGUN, plus units of the Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard. Our colleague, Navy Captain “Heater” Heatley, said, “Pretty cool graphics and layout. Nice pics!” 

I’d like you and your colleagues and beyond to review an unfinished, first-draft copy my book, fall in love with it, and write testimonials/blurbs, please. The book will be published in early 2023, so you have some time to say yes. I’m also offering all the beautiful aviation images that appear in the book free of charge to air and space museums worldwide in perpetuity. My small way of giving back for inspiration over my lifetime.

First, I’m Dino Garner, former scientist, Army Ranger, corporate merc, military aviation photographer, NY Times bestselling ghostwriter and editor of many cool books. Back in the day, I was the only independent civilian photographer to fly in all frontline fighters and attack aircraft of the US Air Force, Navy and Marines, plus helos of the Coast Guard. Had to quit that fun to report for duty as a US Army Airborne Ranger.

Modesty aside, I took some stunning images that were on the covers and interiors of Smithsonian Air&SpaceNewsweekTimeUS News and World Report, and in dozens of books, newspapers, articles, etc.

The final book will be a 550-page coffee-table book that features my military aviation images, plus chapters by prominent people: Foreword by aviation neuropsychologist Dr. David Prewett, “Zatar” by Lt Gen Dave Deptula, Boyword by a 10-year-old boy/student pilot, and Afterword by Dave Senior’s son, Lt Col “Ghost” Deptula. There will also be a special dedication to "Heater" Heatley.

This is also unique: I added dozens of candid pix of my fighter pilots and support personnel in scrapbook fashion and added some cool graphics that look like advertisements for the US military fighter aviation.

I have spared no expense in the production of this book: it will be printed by the best offset-printing company of high-end books, in South Korea. Heavy, matte art paper interior; cloth hardcover with an added French-fold cover. A draft of the full cover is below. Dimensions: 8.5”H x 11”W x 2.5”D.

If you’d like to see the entire book, I can email you a Dropbox link to download the full-color pdf file to view on your computer. It’s too large to view directly on Dropbox.

Many thanks for listening. I hope you’ll consider my proposal.

Cheers,

Dino “Wang” Garner

TOPGUN-FULL-COVER-09July22.jpg

• Like 1

I am a card carrying aviation book geek. I'm in. Let me know what I should do.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By kosmo92

View File SF2 Top Gun Maverick Menu Screens and Music
      SF2 Top Gun Maverick Menu Screens and Music.
      19 pieces 1920x1080 
      4 wav file

Submitter kosmo92 Submitted 04/01/2023 Category Menus  
    • By kosmo92
      SF2 Top Gun Maverick Menu Screens and Music.
      19 pieces 1920x1080 
      4 wav file

• By 1309mariano

View File CF-115 Northern Eagle
      CF-115 Northern Eagle:
      The CF-115 Northern Eagle is a special F-15E variant developed by Boeing to fill the requirements of the Royal Canadian Air Force and replace 3 CF-188 squadrons, the 409th, 410th and the 425th. The plane is very similar to the F-15EX, but it keeps in mind the air dominance role. It was introduced in 2018, and still flies today. 
      Big shoutouts to 1977Frenchie, who helped me a lot with this, guided me through all the process and tested the plane (this mod is 51% made by him, basically), and Viper63a, who created the SUPERB F-15E mod.
      THIS IS FREEWARE ONLY
      Have a good hunt, fly high and fast!
      Submitter 1309mariano Submitted 08/24/2022 Category What If Hangar  
    • By 1309mariano
      CF-115 Northern Eagle:
      The CF-115 Northern Eagle is a special F-15E variant developed by Boeing to fill the requirements of the Royal Canadian Air Force and replace 3 CF-188 squadrons, the 409th, 410th and the 425th. The plane is very similar to the F-15EX, but it keeps in mind the air dominance role. It was introduced in 2018, and still flies today. 
      Big shoutouts to 1977Frenchie, who helped me a lot with this, guided me through all the process and tested the plane (this mod is 51% made by him, basically), and Viper63a, who created the SUPERB F-15E mod.
      THIS IS FREEWARE ONLY
      Have a good hunt, fly high and fast!
    • By dannavy85
      USS Bon Homme Richard is on fire in San Diego after an explosion aboard. The LHD assault ship was in for maintenance when a "High Order Detonation" was reported inside the ship's dock bay and hanger. There was only a duty section of sailors aboard at the time. The fire is horrendous, made even worse by the fact that the ship is fully exposed...hatches open, vents open....no sailors on board to set Zebra or go to General Quarters. Fire scanner calls the ship "fully involved"
      https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/u-s-navy-confirms-ship-on-fire-at-san-diego-calif-base-87550533970
      As of this moment, SDFD has ordered all assets to evacuate the pier next to the ship fearing further explosions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..