hi guys im playing strike fighters 2 since 11 years but now im facing a strange issue 

my fps goes up and down in unexpected way when i start the simulator mission some times my fps goes above 60 and some times it goes below 30 and my game lags and slows down 

i have Dell Latitude E6540 12gb ram 2gb graphic card intel hd 4600 and switchable AMD RADEON HD graphics with 3.0ghz cpu windows 10 and directx 12

this issue never happened before 

i have played IL-2 sturmovik , falcon bms , lockon flaming cliffs 2 and 3 and strike fighters 2 on this machine very smooth on max settings but now in strike fighters 2 i have fps issues 

any fix or help will be appriciated 

Some mods make the game slower. Remind which mod you installed last and try to  turn it off. TW game engine is laggy and nothing to do with it if mod is heavy try to undo it or try to reduce amount of aircrafts. Once upon a time i decided incite  50 Russian Mi-24P hellicopters on Ukrainian Mi-24V hellicopters in air battle armed with AA missiles and I got slo mo on powerfull pc.

when I made my MiG-29b I wanted to make it perfect and very detailed. But the game went down even with five planes. I had to greatly reduce the number of polygons.  effects make the game slow. try to move temporarry effect folder to other place and watch if it solve the provlem or not.. Well, the standard advice is to turn off the antivirus for the duration of the game, turn off instant messengers, and so on. The TW Engine is slower than iL-2 and Lock on's as i see

• Like 1

alright i will try this method and will notify you about the result shortly 

actualy i dont use any instant messengers and when i turned off antivirus it turned on automatically ! :stars:

Yeah,  I wouldn't disable the antivirus in any situation, unless it was updating.

• Like 1

i tried disabling my mods effects and aircrafts but this didnt improved my fps ! 

but yes one thing notices that when i restart my system and open strike fighters 2 it runs smoothly till the next attempt when i reopen strike fighters 2 after exiting out from the simulator , it slows down again !!

My issues are not so drastic, but despite a fairly decent SSD laptop I do feel a noticeable improvement in performance with the fewest aircraft mods possible, but it does play great with maps like Green Hell and tons of (mostly stock) aircraft in the air. Seems like much of the issue, for me at least is reading different aircraft skin BMPs.

That being said, I've got to appreciate a lot of the stock aircraft. The only modded one I have is my Frankensabre with two generic skins. Edit: Well, I just saw the F-86H, I guess that makes two aircraft mods.

Edited by macelena

Mmmm... try to use wrappers. Sometimes old games runs not nice at new systems. May be your windows updated and something changed for the game. Once upon a time it was a story with me when i plkayed Deus Ex Human Revolution after Windows update game began to run slow. I decided to rollback my windows from "Restore point" and finished the game to thee end and updated windows after it. Try wrapers. i dont use tham in my SF2 cuz i play it on Windows 7 but other old games i play only using them. Well, i will list you the names of it. i am too lazy to search links. i want to go sleeping, its aftermidnight here already. so this is the list

1) SweetFX

2) ENB Generic http://enbdev.com/mod_generic_v0076.htm

3) ReShade https://reshade.me/

Try to use,  may be one of them improve the situation.

3 hours ago, EricJ said:

Yeah,  I wouldn't disable the antivirus in any situation, unless it was updating.

I dont think that turning off antivirus is dangerous if you do not browsing through internet but play the game and do nothing else. if yiou r impressionable you can turn off your internet connection. But its dangerous to forget to turn it on after your gaming. you need to do it reflectory. off - play, stop playing - on. I always turn off all my tasks before playing haevy games

Edited by bazillius
  • Like 2

Hi i switched Strike Fighters 2 from intel hd 4600 to AMD RADEON in graphic settings and the problem solved 

actualy the issue is with intel hd graphics which i think is not suitable for SF2 series 

Picsart_22-09-06_16-28-51-549.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

as i noticed the only way to play SF2 peacefully on intel hd graphics is by forcing directx 9 but then some effects becomes useless just like bloom and and some eye candy explosions 

anyways the frame rates boosts up with forcing dx9 in options ini

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By AcariaPlainum
      So i have done some anti ship missile tests and when ever i fire at Iowa mod BB and it sinks or when i launch a pop  up missile the game crashes

Does anyone know why?
    • By MarkEAW
      I've used some new and old info to complete this new page on my web site.
      Its a performance record. Of my test of EAW.
      I haven't recorded anything for v1.2 as it does not have a Frames counter, so I'll have to use an nvidia program to give me results overall.
      I have used the un official versions,. I use v1.28 a lot, both GoG(w/wrapper) and without a Wrapper, both in DX3D mode.

Here's most of my tests currently:
      https://eaw.neocities.org/performance.html

Anyhow if your interested in posting your results I'd be glad to see them.
      I'm going to ask them to be for a certain version of EAW and one resolution, as this is best to get everyone's results. (see Help Doc)

• By PJB
      Hey Brothers , Please Help Me Im tired with my game objects shuttering problem and white and black patches during gaming on strike fighters 2 
      i forced directx9 but graphics quality decreased 
      im on hp elitebook 8460p intl hd 3000 graphics 4gb ram 
      il2 sturmovik work well but strike fighters 2 has alot of shuttering flickring and lagging problem , i have tried everything mentioned here but problem still exists

kindly guide me to fix it 
    • By Viper63a

View File Strikefighters2 HQ Menu Music and Sound files...
      Strikefighters2 HQ Menu Music and Sound files...
      From Viper 05/14/2020
      So, I found some of the stock music and sounds alittle flat...so I resampled some higher quailty ones...
      * To install...
      1) Back up your Menu folder
      2) Copy and paste the files from the Menu folder into yours and overwrite.
      ~ Part 1
      Australia.wav      
      Austria.wav        
      AwardMedal.wav     
      AwardMedal2.wav    
      AwardMedal3.wav    
      Belgium.wav        
      Canada.wav         
      Denmark.wav        
      Finland.wav               
      France.wav         
      FrenchNavy.wav     
      Germany.wav        
      Greece.wav         
      IJA.wav            
      IJN.wav            
      India.wav          
      Iran.wav          
      Iraq.wav           
      Israel.wav         
      Italy.wav          
      Japan.wav          
      Kuwait.wav         
      Libya.wav          
      Luftwaffe.wav      
      Mercenary.wav      
      Nazi Germany.wav  
      ~ Part2 
      Netherlands.wav    
      NewZealand.wav     
      Norway.wav         
      NVietnam.wav       
      Pakistan.wav       
      RAF.wav            
      RoyalNavy.wav      
      Russian.wav        
      Russian2.wav       
      SaudiArabia.wav    
      SKorea.wav         
      Soviet.wav         
      Spain.wav          
      SVietnam.wav       
      Sweden.wav         
      Swiss.wav   
      Thailand.wav       
      Turkey.wav
      Ukraine.wav
      UN.WAV
      USA.wav
      USAF.WAV
      USCG.WAV
      USMC.WAV
      USN.wav
      WGermanNavy.wav
      WGermany.wav
      WWII Italy.wav
      * For the files in the Hangar Sounds folder...Listen to them and if you like one...
      1) Rename the file to HANGARSCREEN.WAV
      2) Copy and paste the file from the Hangar Sounds folder into your Menu folder and overwrite.
      3) These are good for LOADOUT and LOADING sounds as well...
      ~ Hangars
      HANGARSCREEN KOREA.WAV
      HANGARSCREEN ODS.wav
      HANGARSCREEN NATO.wav
      HANGARSCREEN ODS.wav
      HANGARSCREEN TopGun.wav
      HANGARSCREEN Vietnam.wav
      HANGARSCREEN3D.WAV
      Enjoy!
      Viper
      Submitter viper63a Submitted 05/14/2020 Category Menu Music  
    • By Viper63a
      Strikefighters2 HQ Menu Music and Sound files...
      From Viper 05/14/2020
      So, I found some of the stock music and sounds alittle flat...so I resampled some higher quailty ones...
      * To install...
      1) Back up your Menu folder
      2) Copy and paste the files from the Menu folder into yours and overwrite.
      ~ Part 1
      Australia.wav      
      Austria.wav        
      AwardMedal.wav     
      AwardMedal2.wav    
      AwardMedal3.wav    
      Belgium.wav        
      Canada.wav         
      Denmark.wav        
      Finland.wav               
      France.wav         
      FrenchNavy.wav     
      Germany.wav        
      Greece.wav         
      IJA.wav            
      IJN.wav            
      India.wav          
      Iran.wav          
      Iraq.wav           
      Israel.wav         
      Italy.wav          
      Japan.wav          
      Kuwait.wav         
      Libya.wav          
      Luftwaffe.wav      
      Mercenary.wav      
      Nazi Germany.wav  
      ~ Part2 
      Netherlands.wav    
      NewZealand.wav     
      Norway.wav         
      NVietnam.wav       
      Pakistan.wav       
      RAF.wav            
      RoyalNavy.wav      
      Russian.wav        
      Russian2.wav       
      SaudiArabia.wav    
      SKorea.wav         
      Soviet.wav         
      Spain.wav          
      SVietnam.wav       
      Sweden.wav         
      Swiss.wav   
      Thailand.wav       
      Turkey.wav
      Ukraine.wav
      UN.WAV
      USA.wav
      USAF.WAV
      USCG.WAV
      USMC.WAV
      USN.wav
      WGermanNavy.wav
      WGermany.wav
      WWII Italy.wav
      * For the files in the Hangar Sounds folder...Listen to them and if you like one...
      1) Rename the file to HANGARSCREEN.WAV
      2) Copy and paste the file from the Hangar Sounds folder into your Menu folder and overwrite.
      3) These are good for LOADOUT and LOADING sounds as well...
      ~ Hangars
      HANGARSCREEN KOREA.WAV
      HANGARSCREEN ODS.wav
      HANGARSCREEN NATO.wav
      HANGARSCREEN ODS.wav
      HANGARSCREEN TopGun.wav
      HANGARSCREEN Vietnam.wav
      HANGARSCREEN3D.WAV
      Enjoy!
      Viper

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..