Open Club  ·  11 members

Sign in to follow this  
VonBeerhofen

USS_HECTOR

Found this object in another addon where a failed attempt was made to get it working in EAW. It was a kind of wrecked Fleet Defender carrier but I managed to pull it back to live and reconstructed the model from scratch. It's now fully working and can be further improved, which is a lot easier once it's repaired.

USS_HECTOR0.jpg

USS_HECTOR1.jpg

USS_HECTOR2.jpgYou heard it first on combatace.com

VonBeerhofen

I don't know how you fixed all that mess, but it looks cool.

You must have worked on it at a steady pace.

Had my doubts but once it began to take shape it went pretty quick, privilege of being a pensioner and being able to work 24/7 but I had to take a coffee break after 8 hours, :)

VBH

Wow, looks stunning. I bet it performs well to unlike the one crippled model I seen in UAW 1.60.

Yeah not much you can do with that old one from 2004 anymore, might as well get scuttled. Sorry C.G. hope you like what I did to it, I really tried to keep some nodes as is, so maybe that's some consolation! Shouldn't look too shabby in Midway either.

CarrierTower.jpg

VBH

Edited by VonBeerhofen

After a thorough cleanup 9 nodes were freed and put to good use, with still 5 to spare. Now fully rigged and weaponized with 6 anti aircraft guns:

USS_HECTORH.jpg

VonBeerhofen

Top notch work, as usual.

What is that one gun in the center? It looks likes its on top of the roof of a little compartment? Is that were it suppose to go?

EDIT: Oh wait its on the other side of the center compartment, it was hard to tell , but i looked at prevous screen shots to see where it would be placed.....

Edited by MarkEAW

A miraculous transformation from the USS_HECTOR to the HMS_HERMES, as in use in various older addons. The bow section changed to the older carrier model and a bit of color was added to the life rafts to complement this version. Here it is in a quick adaptation of an off line shipping interdiction in EAWPRO.

HERMES0.jpg

HERMES1.jpg

HERMES2.jpg

You heard it first on Combat Ace!

VonBeerhofen

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..