Is it possible to edit campaign missions? I know they're randomly generated each time the campaign is opened, but are they written to someplace accessible when in the briefing screen? Looking around my install and User folders has been fruitless so far, but I could easily be missing something.

they're not saved.

but, isn't there a way to save individual missions with the mission editor?? (don't really know, just guessing)

I assume you are talking SF2. 

You can save a campaign mission at mission completion. Easiest thing is to open the campaign, start a mission and hit Esc to end the mission. You should see a floppy disc icon that you can click to save the mission. That mission should be ready for edit by mission editor or simply notepad.

Edited by DoctorQuest
  • Like 2

Your progresses and awardes is in PilotData folder in *****..plt file but ther are no written missions. You can edit mission generator in compigne only.  if i dont like weather or aircrafts i change it in campaigne****_DATA.ini file. to look at GermanyCE.INI, GERMANYCE_MOVEMENT.INI, GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI, GermanyCE_nations.INI at Terrains folder is very useful. but this is all you can change. You can use tools for opening maps and extracting these files if you dont have it in your mod folder using Mues MuesToolBox. This tooll is here at Combatace. search it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bazillius said:

Your progresses and awardes is in PilotData folder in *****..plt file but ther are no written missions. You can edit mission generator in compigne only.  if i dont like weather or aircrafts i change it in campaigne****_DATA.ini file. to look at GermanyCE.INI, GERMANYCE_MOVEMENT.INI, GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI, GermanyCE_nations.INI at Terrains folder is very useful. but this is all you can change. You can use tools for opening maps and extracting these files if you dont have it in your mod folder using Mues MuesToolBox. This tooll is here at Combatace. search it.

This could work very nicely, there's some intriguing parameters in there. I'll have to play around and see what happens.

I assume the other methods listed wouldn't allow the campaign to progress, since I'd be converting the missions into single missions?