Hello all!  I've been working on getting some functionality to the Recon variant of the new Norwegian RF-5a variant and have set up a "fake" gun to act as a camera so that when you fire the secondary guns, you get a neat "whirring" film projector type sound.  I've subsequently set up the camera frame counters on the Recon panel in the cockpit to count down the camera frames as the camera "fires".

Although the counters work just fine as I "fire" the secondary guns, the problem is that the counter dials count back even when I fire the primary guns!  How do you get the game to use the GUN_ROUNDS_INDICATOR to refer only to the secondary gun?  Here is the cockpit.ini entry for the camera frame counters..

[CameraFrameCounter]
Type=GUN_ROUNDS_INDICATOR         => How do I get this parameter to refer only to the secondary gun?
CounterNodeFormat=gun_dial%d
MovementType=ANALOG_COUNTER

Would appreciate some help!

img00160.thumb.JPG.dd6b8f4f80f07c10900a1e595df78dbe.JPG

Edited by sophocles

try something like itemnumber= 1 or 2 ???  in cockpit.ini.

But if I remember correctly..round counter refers to the total amount of rounds. And also did not work with gun pods.

1 minute ago, yakarov79 said:

try something like itemnumber= 1 or 2 ???  in cockpit.ini.

But if I remember correctly..round counter refers to the total amount of rounds. And also did not work with gun pods.

Thanks @yakarov79 I tried  "_2"   but it didn't work.  I fear you're right about the total number of rounds .. never mind it's still cool!

there is something like a "gun group" in aircraft data ini ? maybe try to match the item number to gun group number (if there is something like this - do not remember now)

14 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

here is something like a "gun group" in aircraft data ini ? maybe try to match the item number to gun group number (if there is something like this - do not remember now)

I just seperated the primary guns and the "camera frame" secondary gun as different gun groups in the data.ini and it worked!!!!!!  By selecting the secondary gun group, the counter now only counts back when you fire the secondary gun!  Good job @yakarov79!!!!!:drinks:

BTW I also added "item number in the cockpit .ini as you said..

[CameraFrameCounter]
Type=GUN_ROUNDS_INDICATOR
itemnumber=2                                   =>  This now works!!!!!!!!!
CounterNodeFormat=gun_dial%d
MovementType=ANALOG_COUNTER

Edited by sophocles
  • Like 4

You know .. most of you are probably thinking WGAF .. but it's now infinitely more rewarding when you can fly Recon missions - and instead if just pretending it all, you get to 1. activate the camera, 2. get an image of the camera view in the top right corner, 3. get a sound of it operating .. and 4. have the camera frame counters on the left console of the pit rolling backwards as you run out of film..

Huge shout out to @Cliff7600, @logan4, @paulopanz and @yakarov79 for helping me put it together!:drinks:

Edited by sophocles
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

that is pretty damn cool!!!

• Thanks 1

some pics ..

the first showing the camera selected in the gunsight as per the flight handbook ..

RF-5A_systems_1.jpg.af948ba8aafe230a82e8850281e94b02.jpg

img00176.thumb.JPG.5bcff4e8613a44b1997230302df687c8.JPG

and the second showing the switch turned to "ON" when the camera is selected, and the counter rolling back the frames..

img00171.thumb.JPG.50783900b84f76479db52c17a95b3545.JPG

• Like 7