Hi,

there is a very promising thread on WTR - when thunder rolled - here at Combatace.

How about Yankee Air Pirate, though ? I remember having read somewhere that some people are working on this and trying to refurbish Shelton's baby for SF2. Do they cooperate with WTR ? Or any other news on YAP ?

It will be certainly nice to have two different Vietnam-add-ons, but me thinks it would be much better to have an integrated one. What do you think ?

cheers

Sokol

its two seperate projects. the scope on each suggests to me there wont be cooperation nor would it work too well anyhow

not saying they dont get along or anything like that. just the two mods would likely be incompatable

Edited by daddyairplanes

The team working on YAP has been allowed to post their progress and downloads on the official YAP site.

Go here for the latest files and news: YANKEE AIR PIRATE

Edited by Erik
Pirating intellectual property and passing it off as theirs does not constitute legitimacy. Link Removed.

Mods are just that. For me, YAP was always a source of 3d models beyond the missions. WTR is a complete mod like Desert Storm or Korean Air War. I don't see any reason why you can't mix the two as you see fit as long as you know what you want and how to edit ini files. The principal difference is YAP has files available for download now. WTR progress has been slow and from an end user perspective remains only screenshots. If WTR ever becomes available and its quality is as high as intended, it probably won't need objects from YAP to improve it, but YAP covers a much wider time frame: take the best of both and make one massive, great install.

Edited by streakeagle
  • Like 2

Bottom line, in MY opinion, based on 20+ years with this game ===

Don't Mix Mods

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Not a stellar idea, mixing mods would be a disaster. Swap some of the Aircraft skins maybe, but why would on wish to.

I had the opportunity to help port YAP to SF2 as a tester and help with some edits and suggestions, making John Shelton's legacy live on.

The project continues, updates are posted on the official website or Facebook group.

Phase 1 has already been completed and now the focus is on Phase 2.

Edited by madvad

Yankee Air Pirate knowingly pirates' models and content from this site to use and sell as their own. It is not a noble or honest venture. The intellectual property belonging to the authors on this site, your friends, and colleagues, deserves more consideration than an open discussion in support of YAP. Piracy is not a victimless crime.

• Like 3