GKABS

US OKs $3B NASAMS, MRADS for Kuwait

The US State Department has approved the foreign military sale of the National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile System (NASAMS) and Medium Range Air Defense System (MRADS) to Kuwait for three billion dollars.

Kuwait has requested 63 AIM-120C-8 Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missiles (AMRAAM); 63 AIM-9X Sidewinder Block II tactical missiles; 12 Multifunctional Information Distribution Systems – Low Volume Terminal (MIDS LVT) Block Upgrade 2; and 12 MIDS LVT Cryptographic Modules, among others.

“The proposed sale will improve Kuwait’s capability to meet current and future threats by enhancing the ability to defend itself against regional malign actors and improve interoperability with systems operated by US forces and other Gulf countries,” the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) said.

The DCSA also expressed confidence that the new defensive equipment will allow the Middle Eastern nation to “protect its borders, energy infrastructure, and its residents.”

6341d5ae999b5_images(23).jpeg.fabdf5f65c57f40d91beb90cefd68879.jpeg

I will be adding this to my do list of models.

• Like 4

Oh hell yeah this keeps me employed too lol

• Haha 2

Congrats! We wait for this cool stuff as well. Its the best choice i think among possible analogs. I am adding in my NASAMS_UserList.INI

[Kuwait]
ServiceStartYear=2023
ServiceEndYear=2040
Availability=RARE

Gigles :biggrin:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bazillius said:

1920px-Norwegian_Advanced_Surface_to_Air

Clipboard02.jpgClipboard01-nas.jpg

I didn't know that we have the model.

This is the URL for the model.

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, GKABS said:

I didn't know that we have the model.

I thought you want to do a new model. This model is nice but can be better. so i decided just in case to warn you. I have been defending Ukraine with NASAMS in the game for a long time. In the future). From highs its okay.

I will take a look at the it and see if it need improvement or just make something else instead of wasting my time on something that is already made and it's perfect. :wink:

• Like 1