Sign in to follow this  

I'm sure you can upload that to the Downloads section rather than hosting it on your Google Drive. As long as you give proper credit you should be okay.

Yes I see you corrected missprints and mistakes. And I want to say that it is possible to convert *.bmps to *.jpegs. I did it for my MOD folder. Cockpit works nice and no white/black not textured places. thanks.

8 hours ago, EricJ said:

I'm sure you can upload that to the Downloads section rather than hosting it on your Google Drive. As long as you give proper credit you should be okay.

Sure, I'm not familiar with local procedure yet

1 hour ago, bazillius said:

Yes I see you corrected missprints and mistakes. And I want to say that it is possible to convert *.bmps to *.jpegs. I did it for my MOD folder. Cockpit works nice and no white/black not textured places. thanks.

Good idea, also saves space on the disk.

With all due respect, but cockpit texturing here is a mess, using a whole load of textures with almost 200mb per one cockpit. Considering how many planes are in MiG-23 pack and if someone wants to use the similar pit for MiG-23B/27 it's almost 2GB of pit files alone.

I think I will do the conversion for myself but upload these ones as they are

I will also look into other planes, AFAIK, Su-7 pit has the same set of typos

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EricJ said:

Also, while we are here, I converted a couple of planes from SF1 to SF2 for personal use. Su-35, Su-47, MiG-1.44, etc. Nothing too fancy but works fine from the box. Should I upload these?

Nice work, @OlWilly! Those wonderful cockpits were all made by Stary. He also made alternative colors for the MiG-23 ones, any chance you could fix textures with those colors as well? Below two examples, one from the MLD and the other from his BN cockpit.23MLD_mainpanels.thumb.jpg.299f9001e33dfff7a0111821cd8b1144.jpgMig23_Panels_main.thumb.jpg.b1789b4d8493043e6d171eb225317b89.jpg

1 hour ago, OlWilly said:

Also, while we are here, I converted a couple of planes from SF1 to SF2 for personal use. Su-35, Su-47, MiG-1.44, etc. Nothing too fancy but works fine from the box. Should I upload these?

I'd surely avoid the Su-35 and Su-37 from the SF1 section. They shouldn't even be available for download, since they are illegal rips from other games and according to site rules, they shouldn't be uploaded. I also have doubts about the legitimacy of the MiG-1.44. Just be careful and eventually double check with site admins about them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Menrva said:

Those wonderful cockpits were all made by Stary. He also made alternative colors for the MiG-23 ones, any chance you could fix textures with those colors as well? Below two examples, one from the MLD and the other from his BN cockpit.

Sure, why not. So, the one I did is blueish-green (a "middle" color), and the two others are clean blue and clean light green.

I see that texture sets are basically the same across the pits so it won't be hard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, OlWilly said:

is a mess

Mess is the 2nd name of this site so you will find soon that every mod needs your checking for right data even vanila Aircrafts needed. Wrong datas, wrong, weapons etc. so you will fix and fix and fix everyday if you step in this river of modifying. And you will save A LOT of space when you convert .BMPs to JPEGS. soon it will take all your free space on you HDD so be ready. But one thing. Not every aircraft can  will be able to withstand such a procedure as texture conversion! If you see that part of the plane has turned white or blackened, then always have a backup on hand. you need to carefully check everything, even small details, after conversion. Because the case is possible when the whole plane looks normal, but suddenly! You notice that the plane opens out its wheels and they are black. And you immediately turn off the game and start digging the place where the error is in the texture. This happens after months, and sometimes years. Haha.

• Thanks 1

Did a second version if anyone is interested, changed the HUD a little too 

• Like 5