Sign in to follow this  
Mayo666

Mission end

Hi all,

first of all hi to everybody and sorry if my english is not too good...

I just bought the game since i wanted to try a flight simulator again (i played years and years ago Red Baron 3D )

I have played a couple of times a campaign mission but when i go back to the airport and i switch off the engine nothing happens.. the mission do not stop ..

If i press ctrl+Q to quit mission the mission stops but also the game stop .. when I re-enter game number of mission for my pilot is ZERO ..

So what have i to do in order not to loose the mission done?

Thank-you

Mayo

Mayo666,

Welcome to WOFF.  I'm sorry you're having some problems getting started with your campaign. When you installed the game, did you download DX9 when it asked you if you wanted to do so? Even if you have a recent version of DX, you should download DX9 during installation.

Read the FAQ for more suggestions. Here is the link from the other forum: https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3891995/woff-faq-frequently-asked-questions#Post3891995 . See topics #47 and 48. If none of these suggestions work, try emailing OBD support. The email address is on the last page of the FAQ. The developers have been really wonderful in providing advice and help.

Cheers,

Raine

thank-you Raine,

about installation i followed all the steps in the faq document you linked here above, step by step,

this evening i will try points 47 and 48

Regards

Mayo

here i am

yesterday evening i tryed to switch off music and videos and to run game in win8 compatibility mode ..

at the end of mission i was not resent to win desktop fortunately

The problem is a drastical drop in FPS in win8 compatibility mode :-(  down till 15-20 fps

I have an AMD 6800  .. and this sound strange...

Today i wil try to play only with videos and music off but not in win 8 compatibility mode and i will see what happen!

MAYO

If your still having problems try item 65 on the FAQ.   I know it says this is for laptops but the Splash screen in shell music always causes me problems.

Jerry H

looking back at my notes for previous problems I see that, in addition to disabling the Splash I also find it useful for follow item 47 and disable the campaign videos and music.

If you decide to do an uninstall and a new install, be sure to follow all the directions in the FAQ. I suspect you may have had a problem with the installation. The FAQ will give you directions for ensuring a complete uninstall so there are no residual problems.

In the compatiblity properties for CFS3.exe, set it to run as an administrator.  Sounds like your system is not allowing cfs3 to write the outcomes (or WOFF manager to read them). May need WOFF.exe setting to that too.