Sign in to follow this  
NIELS

Multiple Joystick Hookup one PC - Is it possible?

Is it possible to attach/install two joysticks into one computers usb ports or a multi usb hub component? Wondering if they will conflict with each other. It seems most air combat sims these days allow selection of what ever device your using. I presently have two different style Joysticks for different eras of air combat and would like to be able to just choose without unplugging and re-plugging them.

Asked this Q here because the 'Hardware' section hasn't had any action for almost two years, appreciate any feedback - Thanks

It works for games like Star Citizen, where they say two sticks is better than one for some players. I'm sure that for most flight sims one is enough. But then again you could probably configure it and it would work.

I have joystick pedals and throttle all on one usb (unpowered) hub and they work fine with all Thirdwire, Microsoft fs, X-plane and ubisoft il2 games. If you have two joysticks then you just have to make sure that you select the right one :) But generally settings seem to get saved between games. The only problem I've ever faced is that if one of the devices becomes unplugged for any reason then settings might get mixed up - device id may get changed.