Sign in to follow this  
daddyairplanes

B-21 Raider reveal

well, it's raining right now in LA.  Hopefully, it won't be a 5pm (PST) for the roll out!!

can't wait to see it! Thanks DA!!

I have a feeling it will be a covered ceremony anyways. Given they forgot to close off airspace for the B2 unveiling way back when, and drones would be harder to keep away.

But we will see!

Yeah, I stayed for the unveiling, not the speeches and whatnot. It looks pretty cool, just another B-2 lookalike though.

I disagree on the B-2 lookalike. Esp. as it seemed much lighter in color. First thing that popped to mind.

The windows and depth on the bottom ( versus how the original slopes to a bit of a point) are way different too, as well as the intakes seeming more flush than the B-2.

Not that I was looking or anything

yeah, the belly looks deeper than B-2. More UFO looking, imo

A sort of cleaned and optimised B-2 style !

a marvel of technology - 600 - 700 mio. $ a piece, flown by humans and/or artificial intelligence, dropping its smart payload anywhere in the world and undetectable by any enemy - but deep inside me the question looms: is this what the world really needs?

Ok. When will the SF2 mod of this be done!

Two weeks?

(I really wish I had the talent and skills and software to do this. I would.........................)

I agree with Sokol, though. I have always struggled with what we need for defense and what we need to spend on defense. 

1 hour ago, daddyairplanes said:

give it 3 :lol:. we havent seen anything but the front so far

Fair point. :)

It's hard to be sure from just a front view, but isn't this jet considerably smaller than the B-2. At least the wingspan appears to be shorter.

every graphic so far has said it would be smaller since it was announced.