ricks03

EAW, 7217 and screen tearing

Hi! 

So I'm trying to get EAW working on a couple of old laptops. Both exhibit the 7217 error. 

After a lot of searching around, I found the eaw1.28efullversion-3-1-2017.zuip file, which gets past the 7217 problem, but then I get what I (now know as) screen tearing. 

I tried the suggestions from https://eaw.neocities.org/troubleshoot.html#wrap and downlaoded and installed the OpenGlide and DirectDD (ddwrapper) with the same results. 

I finally got frustrated and installed the GOG version, which put me right back to the 7217 problem!

Any other suggestions? Thanks!

What does old laptop mean? Which OS and CPU/Video chip are in them? XP and Intel Chip?

The Wrappers should automatically solve the 7217 problem for you as far as I remember. The screen tearing should be solved too. 

Without the details on your laptop, I'm confused. Sorry.

EDIT:
The old XP Intel Video chips use an old OpenGL, I think v1.1 , I believe EAW/the Wrapper program will need v2.0 ....but its still uncertain why DX mode/DX Wrapper still gives there error.

Edited by MarkEAW
Intel opengl version