Sign in to follow this  
bazillius

IL-28 - H-5 good textures upscaling by trotski00 and some thoughts

trotski00 made a beautiful work with textures, he add some seams and rivets. Its improved aircraft looking. Its made by hands and many thanks for this hard work. But. some parts still has low resolution, kinda wheels etc. I wanna say to you about upskaling i am doing for myself.

All we know defauly BTR-152 texture. here it is

BTR-152-BODY.jpg

shit. isnt it?

After upscaling

BTR-152-BODY-standard-scale-4-00x-gigapi

yeeeeeeyy!!

T-72...... yak! shit!

T-72-TURRET.jpg

Upscaling

T-72-TURRET-standard-scale-4-00x-gigapix

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooood!!!!

All we know low res F-4b texture

F-4B-5.jpg

Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop!

Upscaling. Not pergfect but better!

F-4-B-5-standard-scale-4-00x-gigapixel.j

So i do upscaling textures in Topaz Gigapixel AI here is the link https://www.topazlabs.com/gigapixel-ai

So this is not cheap. yes. this is not. :-| BUT THIS IS WORTH IT!!!! Dounds like advertisment but i have not a dime from them. Just to say you about this porogram. If one person is interestin in upscaling old textures so may be some one will do too? ah? Ah? Guys? Is that cool? Is it? is it? Imagine! All default textures upscaled? Ah? Ah?!!!

PS I believe now we woll get soon a lot of upscaled skins! Hurrrrrrray!!!!!!!!!! :)

PPS Joke. I dont expect something good on our Earth in this Solar Sistem in this Galaxy in this Univers. I do not expected. yes, thats true  :-|

PPPS :) but anyway upscaling is cool! Lets upscale everything! :)

• Like 2

I agree, there is ALWAYS room for improvement, I could have gone to town on the Camo schemes for example, as I just mainly used the same cam pattern for them all, however, cam schemes were not terribly common on the type. As for the ancillary bits and bobs, those can always be improved and upscaled, however, my aim was merely to get the whole project released, as swiftly as possible, so any further tweaking, adjusting, and general "sexying " up is most definitely encouraged, and I for one am looking forward to seeing what you and other people can come up with !!! 

Bring it on !!!!!

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of gigapixel AI. It is very useful for 512x512 skins. Works also very well on map textures ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

unfortunately, it is quite expensive, and as such out of reach for a lot of people, especially if you dont know what you are really doing whilst using it. Still a very useful tool though, maybe I shall be able to afford it one day myself. 

my 3.5 cents...

I have to disagree. 

Upscaled stock F-4 skins still look like old ones. Nothing better, nothing worse. Still has the same old level of quality. 

I would rather stick to available 2048x2048 templates. Way better and are available here since looong time. And if matched with the same quality bump maps...can give excellent results.

as for small ground objects. Maybe, not sure. I have no opinion on this. Stock objects are quite simple models so there is not much hope for great improvements. For me, it is still the same old object with a higher kB size on your hard drive. 

I have replaced around 80% of stock ground objects with custom models...so even if those occupy more space on HD - ...well different quality. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

my 3.5 cents...

Yes, some models not curable by textures. I Agree. We need to do the job balanced, Some models improves very noticeaby some not worth to even try to touch, just delete and forget. I just inform society that we can not just resizing but upscaling.

10 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

I would rather stick to available 2048x2048 templates.

I do not invoke for brainless gigantomania. Do not misunderstand me. Some of the textures I have reduced in size and converted into jpg because I did not see worthwhile details. I revise and remake in one way or another almost every plane downloaded here. The exceptions are your work. They are perfect. ha ha ha :biggrin: