I've been having a problem with all types of cargo (only cargo) ships at the moment of attacking them with bombs, rockets, etc. They cannot be damaged, I tried all types of bombs, airplanes, etc and the problem persist. It only happens with cargo ships of every kind, but aircraft carriers or any military ship are working well for me. Let me know if you know what can this problem be or what can be causing it! Thanks!

Are those ships set as objects in the terrain or did you put them manually

with the mission editor in your mission?

If so, try to set them in mission with the mission editor.

..or there may be another reason. Well, this is purely my assumptions, not based on anything. You are using a custom weapon and no effect files are set for it. And the weapon does no damage. So, for example, it happens with a nuclear bomb. You drop it, you see a huge bad boom.. and.. no destruction. And all because there is no one small file. Try to fox this ship using a standard rocket/missile from  vanilla game. Realy, I don't know why. Just my guess.

9 hours ago, Soulfreak said:

Are those ships set as objects in the terrain or did you put them manually

with the mission editor in your mission?

If so, try to set them in mission with the mission editor.

I putted them manually with mission Editor but I am getting the same problem, I will try with the vanilla bombs tip to see if it works!

6 hours ago, bazillius said:

..or there may be another reason. Well, this is purely my assumptions, not based on anything. You are using a custom weapon and no effect files are set for it. And the weapon does no damage. So, for example, it happens with a nuclear bomb. You drop it, you see a huge bad boom.. and.. no destruction. And all because there is no one small file. Try to fox this ship using a standard rocket/missile from  vanilla game. Realy, I don't know why. Just my guess.

Just tried with the vanilla weapons, they still cant be damaged. Maybe i will try reinstalling the game completely and see if it works

• Sad 1

Perhaps if you told us which cargo ships are effected??? As there a numerous 3rd party add-on boats, that may or may not have been updated for SF2... or is it the stock cargo ship and/or tanker??

Important information for diagnosis

sorry! the problem was with the vanilla cargo ship and every other 3rd party or vanilla cargo/tanker ship, I uninstalled all 5 merged games and re-installed them and the problem was gone...maybe there was something with some 3rd party weapons that came with add-on aircraft, I can't tell exactly what could've been but it is solved! so thanks everyone for the tips and help! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Apokapo said:

maybe there was something with some 3rd party weapons

Most likely it is. When you install Mods and weapons, be sure to install one of effect pack. Often, modders will assume it's already installed and won't include it with their weapon. For example "Enhanced Explosions 3" or "Community Mod", or "Hollywood Explosions". As to my seeing of the world the best is "Unified Effects Pack" it is most universal and natural. Dowload and install B-1B or f89-scorpion_remod_Pack for nuclear bomb effect. I believe you do not install mods into game folder but instal in mod folder. And you need to have "special" place to testing mods. make a copy and rename to StrikeFighters2 Temp.exe for example. There are a lot of modders here and every one have his personal vision of the game and reality and sometimes one modification replace another. Not the fact on better, so test it first

Edited by bazillius

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By GKABS
      I decided to make a post so I can put all my work in one place I hope you okay with that.
      Okay here is the update of the M978/M977 HEMTT more detail will be added but this is how it looks so far.

• By bazillius

View File Panamax Motor Vessel Target
      This ship based on real blueprints but modelled not sharp to it so.. its generick item ;-)
      I wanted to sink something BIG but easy. so i took my old ship which i modeled for magazine illustration and did a quick convertation. sooooo its possible mistakes.
      Thanks to Mue for his lod wiever. Thanks to TW for the game. Good sinking)
      PS TO MODERATOR The ship section doesnt working and im uploading here. sorry.
      Submitter bazillius Submitted 04/28/2020 Category Battleships  
    • By bazillius
      This ship based on real blueprints but modelled not sharp to it so.. its generick item ;-)
      I wanted to sink something BIG but easy. so i took my old ship which i modeled for magazine illustration and did a quick convertation. sooooo its possible mistakes.
      Thanks to Mue for his lod wiever. Thanks to TW for the game. Good sinking)
      PS TO MODERATOR The ship section doesnt working and im uploading here. sorry.
    • By krfrge

View File SF2 Harbor Crane
      HarborCrane                
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      This is freeware from "www.Archive3D.net"
      Category: "Port handling cranes" - Collection
      Size: 1.82MB
      Downloads: 2202
      Added by: Filip
      Resource: Free 3d models
      Additional Info: Crane 3 - 3D model (*.gsm+*.3ds) for exterior 3d visualization.
      Tags: Crane, harbor crane, lifting crane, port crane
      . This 3D model is provided "as is", entirely at your own risk.
      2. Archive3D.net doesn't accept any claims regarding quality of 3D model or any standards conformity.
      3. Archive3D.net is not responsible for the further use of this 3D model and does not consider the usage claims due to lack of tools and authority to control, confirm or guarantee the accuracy of personal data and law information.
      4. This model may be freely modificated or elaborated.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      This is a modification (painting) of this harbor crane.
      I wish I were this capable at modeling but sadly I am not there yet.
      Good eye-candy for the targeted port of your choice.
      To add to your terrain of choice simply add the following entry into your terrain_TYPES.INI
      [TargetTypexxx]  <------- make sure to add your sequence number
      Name=HarborCrane
      FullName=Crane
      ModelName=HarborCrane.LOD
      TargetType=MISC
      ActiveYear=0
      TargetValue=0
      UseGroundObject=FALSE
      DamagePoint=10.0
      ArmorValue=0.0
      ArmorType=0
      RepairRate=0.150
      StartDetectChance=100
      StartIdentifiedChance=20
      IncreaseDetectChanceKey=0
      MaxVisibleDist=4000.0
      CollisionMesh=
      DamagedModel=
      DestroyedEffect=LargeTallStructureCollapseEmitter
      DestroyedModel=
      SecondaryChance=100
      SecondaryEffect=MediumExplosionEffect

Kindest regards - Krfrge
      September 2018.
      Submitter krfrge Submitted 09/16/2018 Category Ground Object Mods  
    • By ignacioc91

View File Coloured Cargo Ships
      Hi! This is just a modification of Third Wire's stock Cargo Ship. I repainted the hull to add some more eye candy. I hope you like it . Just unzip and drag th folders to your Grond Objects directory.

Regards,
      Ignacio
      Submitter ignacioc91 Submitted 04/27/2019 Category Cargo and Transports  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..