Sign in to follow this  
MarkEAW

EAW Performance Record

I've used some new and old info to complete this new page on my web site.

Its a performance record. Of my test of EAW.

I haven't recorded anything for v1.2 as it does not have a Frames counter, so I'll have to use an nvidia program to give me results overall.
I have used the un official versions,. I use v1.28 a lot, both GoG(w/wrapper) and without a Wrapper, both in DX3D mode.

Here's most of my tests currently:

https://eaw.neocities.org/performance.html

Anyhow if your interested in posting your results I'd be glad to see them.
I'm going to ask them to be for a certain version of EAW and one resolution, as this is best to get everyone's results. (see Help Doc)

Edited by MarkEAW
removed text, new test completed, new text
  • Like 1

The wrapper programs/the game where slowed down by my system not being fast enough I guess to handle Virtualization at the same time. So they performed poorly.

I turned it off and my system is faster and within wrappers I get next to if not full speed for the eaw game. The frame rate is still halved in Win10 of what win7 can do, but the wrappers in win10 now are getting 64FPS.

This is with Direct3D Mode and with FOG working.

Edited by MarkEAW

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By JamesWilson
      Hi,
      after seeing the TMF F-14 has wrong and inaccurate speed and fuel indicators, i found out the default Third Wire F-14 has working and accurate ones, but i dont wanna use it cause the TMF Tomcat is better and the cockpit too more realistic too, so can you switch the speed and fuel indicators on the TMF F-14 with the default Third Wire F-14? And for fuel too? Do you need to 3D model and/or do something else other than edit some text files?
       And is it or it's not possible to do?
      Down here are 2 pictures from the correct cockpit in the default Third Wire F-14:

And 2 from the TMF F-14 (the inaccurate one):

Thanks for helping.
    • By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I just noticed that the speed indicator in the F-14 Tomcat by TMF (TheMirageFactory) only shows up to 800 kts, and the Mach indicator does not move, not letting you know the speed of the aircraft if you have your HUD turned off.
      As you can see down here, i'm at Mach 2.23, but the indicator only shows 800 kts and doesn't go above. Obviously it adapts to my altitude, so if i'm higher, then the IAS is lower, but still should move, making it impossible flying at high speed without HUD turned on as i have it down here:

Another issue, maybe even worse than the previous one, is that the fuel indicator shows wrong numbers, or as i may think, it shows "a number less". For example: if i have 20000 pounds of fuel left, it should show 20000, but it shows 02000. This is a theory on how it works, not confirmed, and i'm gonna explain you why i think it is like that:
      I hardly think i truly have 2000 pounds of fuel left, cause i choose Fuel 100% and tried climbing and flying for a long time with full afterburner, and the numbers slowly started going down, even reached the point of burning the engine at Mach 2.30and the fuel wasn't gone yet, it showed i had like 00700 left, so i presume it's 20000 in reality, otherwise i would have been out of fuel in no time, since it's a quantity even under the bingo quantity, but i flew for minutes and minutes in full afterburner, and at 8x speed, so. Speaking of Bingo, there's no bingo indicator.
      Here's a picture of the fuel indicator:

I tried the default F-14 cockpit, and even if that one shows correctly both speed and fuel indicators and even if it's a great cockpit, i personally like more and find more realistic and immersive the TMF one.
      In the end, since these two indicators are crucial, especially for flying without HUD, and the fuel indicator especially, since there's no way to know how much fuel you have left even with HUD turned on other than the cockpit indicator.
      So, what i'm asking is:
      Is there a way to fix these? A mod that remakes the indicators? Or another cockpit that is not the default one that i can use to swap this one?
      Thanks in advance for helping me.
    • By PJB
      hi guys im playing strike fighters 2 since 11 years but now im facing a strange issue 
      my fps goes up and down in unexpected way when i start the simulator mission some times my fps goes above 60 and some times it goes below 30 and my game lags and slows down 
      i have Dell Latitude E6540 12gb ram 2gb graphic card intel hd 4600 and switchable AMD RADEON HD graphics with 3.0ghz cpu windows 10 and directx 12

this issue never happened before 
      i have played IL-2 sturmovik , falcon bms , lockon flaming cliffs 2 and 3 and strike fighters 2 on this machine very smooth on max settings but now in strike fighters 2 i have fps issues 

any fix or help will be appriciated 
    • By VonBeerhofen
      It may be a silly question but some people just don't understand the link between AI intelligence and framerates.

Let's start with a simple comparable example, imagine a truck carrying 4000 KG and the same truck carrying 40.000 KG.
      When both start off from the same location and drive to the same destiny, which do you think arrives there first?
      Ofcourse the lighter truck will arrive first and the difference in arrival time only increase with distance.
      It's simmilar with computer framerates, The carried weight can be compared to the graphics a coputer is rendering on screen, the distance is comparable to the power of the graphics card, i.e. the older and less capable the card the longer the road to travel, or better the slower the rendering.
      Now here's another comparison, When the EAW gameloop requires a longer time to be carried out, i.e when it is more bytes, the framerate will obviously drop.
      The difference was particularly noticable with the 1.x versions of EAW, which is why a fair ammount of people weren't interested in the 1.2 upgrade.
      Sure enough they missed out on a few things but the air battles were more ferocious and tougher because of higher FPS as the AI were much quicker to react and as a result more precise in aiming too.
      Let's have a quick look at the EXE's I have on my drive,
      There's for instance the first 1.28 recompiled version with     1.21MB
      Next are the early recompilations of the EXE with         1.22MB
      then there's the 1.0 and 1.1 versions which both have         1.30MB
      then you have the 1.2 version with                 1.36MB
      EAWPRO with 15KB freed memory from v1.2 by optimising the code    1.21MB
      The EXE filesizes aren't entirely indicative of the speeds these versions can devellop, after all other processes were activated which also take a bite out of FPS but it gives you a rough idea what to expect.
      However most versions allow user control over the graphics by means of the EAW.INI Detail settings.
      Addons also can have quite an influence on FPS and what to expect can easily be determined by calculating the modified filesize totals and compare it to the original filesize totals of the stock files.
      If the filesize count is lower the game becomes faster, when it's higher the game slows down.

Ofcourse framerate counters are simple tools to easily determine what's happening and when, for instance when a lot of action is going on, explosions, tracers, flack, clouds and groundobjects all visible, birds flying and all detail settings to high (= 2) you will get a reading which will portray the lower end of the FPS spectrum.
      When however hardly anything is visible, except perhaps a blue sky and a single bird the reading will display the higher end of the spectrum and you may find a huge difference in the values.
      You can ask yourself a question here, is it better to try and maintain overall decent to good FPS throughout, or is it better to have high FPS with hardly anything visible and much lower FPS with a lot going on?
      I know where I want to be but do you?
      VonBeerhofen  
    • By Velo
      I doubt that the speed in SF2 is slower than reality. Everytime i watch the trees buildings or roads below my feet when i am in low altitude flight, they pass intolerably slow.
      Comparing with the low passby in Las Vegas ( DCS ), things movement is much slowler even if you at 500 knots.
      This issue bother me all the time when i make my jet mod. I ve seached that in forum, but find no answer.

I guess focal length ( camera zooming ) is the reason. In my experiment, changing the zooming value dose make sense, but that also cause side effect: fish-eye lens. ( seem like this is not the right way)

So, is there any way to change the physics in SF2 ? By coding something for example, i `m not sure.
      Or
      alter the corresponding relation between velocity and unit.

Any information will be appreciate.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..