Sign in to follow this  
LilLucy

Russian Flag became the flag of Somalia Bug

So i recently downloaded Menerva's Ace combat mod and was pleasantly surprised that it worked well with the default nations pack
though one nation just so happens to use a different insignia, that being the Russian Federation which somehow used the somalian air corps roundel
does anyone know how to handle this bug??

Look at the Nations.ini file in the Flight folder and find the Russian Federation. Check the start and end dates and make sure they cover the period you want.

Edited by Righteous26

21 hours ago, LilLucy said:

So i recently downloaded Menerva's Ace combat mod and was pleasantly surprised that it worked well with the default nations pack
though one nation just so happens to use a different insignia, that being the Russian Federation which somehow used the somalian air corps roundel
does anyone know how to handle this bug??

Weird. You may want to install my Nations & Medals Expansion mod first, then install the Ace Combat one on top of it. I'll have a look at this when I have time.

EDIT: I double checked, my Ace Combat nations mod removes all real nations. The bug you mentioned is most likely due to the fact you merged the NATIONS.ini file with a stock game one, but the ALIAS.LST file included in the Ace Combat mod references decals of my nations expansion mod. So I suggest you merge the nations.ini files from those two mods I released, as well as adding all .tga textures of the decals folder. The ALIAS.LST file you need to keep is that of the Ace Combat mod obviously.

Edited by Menrva

16 hours ago, Menrva said:

Weird. You may want to install my Nations & Medals Expansion mod first, then install the Ace Combat one on top of it. I'll have a look at this when I have time.

EDIT: I double checked, my Ace Combat nations mod removes all real nations. The bug you mentioned is most likely due to the fact you merged the NATIONS.ini file with a stock game one, but the ALIAS.LST file included in the Ace Combat mod references decals of my nations expansion mod. So I suggest you merge the nations.ini files from those two mods I released, as well as adding all .tga textures of the decals folder. The ALIAS.LST file you need to keep is that of the Ace Combat mod obviously.

Yeap, double checked it such a shame tbh, just when i thought it was working :dntknw:

I literally gave you a solution, haven't you read? Duh

i did, changed it and it works now, i kinda just forgot to show the example of the bug, sorry for the miscom.

7 hours ago, LilLucy said:

i did, changed it and it works now, i kinda just forgot to show the example of the bug, sorry for the miscom.

Glad to hear it. The screenshot was not needed, I already understood the bug with what you wrote.

if i may ask though, why can't the ac nations work with the updated nation pack?

2 hours ago, LilLucy said:

if i may ask though, why can't the ac nations work with the updated nation pack?

If you did what I explained already, you can merge both my mods and they work fine. I'm not adding fictional countries to my nations expansion package. The Ace Combat one is meant to be used by modders who want to build an Ace Combat mod folder, but no one will make it given the little interest it got. Maybe someday I'll complete it with reworked userlists for aircraft and objects so that it works with those fictive nations right away without the need of having real ones.

Edited by Menrva