Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

Falcon BMS 4.37 VR READY "and Beyond" Trailer 4K

:blink: F-15 HUD symbology
Is it now possible to make the airframe-specific HUD/avionics instead of having F-16 avionics everywhere ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crusader said:

:blink: F-15 HUD symbology
Is it now possible to make the airframe-specific HUD/avionics instead of having F-16 avionics everywhere ?

Wait and see what pans out really - I think they are just developing one for now.

Yes they could export the settings out like TW did - like everything needs time and will to do it.

It just goes to show you how much of the source code has been rewritten because if you ever played with the source code like I have............even doing the GUI was major challenge because it was all so entangled with other classes.................. and at the same time you are having to convert it over to use modern C++ syntax and concepts.

• Like 1

Interesting.

Fingers crossed that type-specific avionics come true, one day.
This would make BMS very interesting for me  :ninja:

• Like 2

I hope they someday untie the game from its rudimentary disc. 2032 year. Install Falcon BMS 5.24. The first step. Insert the original game disc into yiur  CDdrive. If you don't know where to find a CDdrive, ask at the museum

Edited by bazillius

It has been totally standalone for years now - the original Falcon 4 is only required as part of the licensing agreement.

When people buy the game from GOG etc they get an exe I think - but you can convert the CD to another format anyway if you only have that (eg iso).

BMS has also completely changed the installer this past year from the past Torrent nightmare and is currently offering an exe for 4.37.

Correct, you no longer need a disc. You just need a proper EXE. Works like a charm. You can get Falcon 4.0 at GOG for a song.

Edited by DoctorQuest

4 hours ago, DoctorQuest said:

You can get Falcon 4.0 at GOG for a song.

Wow realy? When I last installed this game, it was written in the official FAQ of the BMS game. insert the game disc. And if you do not have a disk, then go on an archaeological expedition. A disc was found in the sarcophagus of Pharaoh Humantep. Try your luck, maybe it's already on the black market in Cairo.

PS I still play Falcon BMS 4.32. I have two original discs bought in 1998 and 1999

It needs absolutely useles rudimental original Falcon to br installed :stars:as i expected :biggrin:

Clipboard01mmmmmmmmmmm.jpg

I think it is a legitimate licensing issue with Tommo who owns Falcon 4.0. I don't see the big deal. F4 is on sale for $5 USD at GOG right now.

15 hours ago, bazillius said:

It needs absolutely useles rudimental original Falcon to br installed :stars:as i expected :biggrin:

Yes they have to do as part of the licensing agreement with Tommo who own the IP currently.

• Thanks 1