High losses of F-105's and no extra capacity for F-4 production, the USAF looked for an "off the shelf" aircraft to quickly fill in for strike missions, with additional air-to-air capability. Saab's Viggen was chosen and a version was immediately ordered and delivered to Vietnam.1.thumb.jpg.7f298fddf65b0ccb4a86be4740e16ef0.jpg2.thumb.jpg.c0c7bcd65333582659ecf388ecebcd48.jpg3.thumb.jpg.601b6f55aec9a61237bfa74ff223db5a.jpg

• Like 7

in the jungle, the mighty jungle ....

(sorry, couldn't help it!!)

• Haha 2

Remember this one more over the years

Edited by dsawan
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, dsawan said:

cool.hoping for a standalone  release

It might be a DAT bird, so probably no chance. I checked the Downloads section and no luck on the Viggen.

6 hours ago, EricJ said:

It might be a DAT bird, so probably no chance. I checked the Downloads section and no luck on the Viggen.

I think there might be one in one of the Scandanavian Front campaigns. 

• Like 2

Unfortunately not, the one by JonathanRL. I may download it for the terrain though, looks interesting.

It is the Scandanavian front version which does require the LOD files from the A-Team Skunkworks site ....

• Like 1

Okay, must have missed it somehow, thanks

Uh no, you have to get it from DAT:

Yeah I don't have access to the DAT site (the ongoing politics of that site and this site turned me off), so no thanks then. Even with the campaign you need the files from DAT, as the LODs and cockpit files aren't there. Nice work though crisisloaner. :good:

Edited by EricJ

Unless the campaign was changed after I downloaded the SAABs have their lods in here . I just opened my saved files and they are all in here . 

Weird, the 002, 003, 004 ones wouldn't open for me. I'll redownload them and try again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By JonathanRL

View File The Scandinavian Front 2: Final Release
      PLEASE BE AWARE; This release of TSF 2 is unpolished and is to be considered a Beta version. In short, there will be bugs and not all of them have been found. Unless things change significantly, there will not be more releases.
      Please read the letter below to understand why.

If you just want the SK 60 or the Saab 37 Viggen - look in the Aircraft section. If not posted there, they will be posted there shortly.

A letter from the Project Leader:
      My name is Jonathan and I am the project leader of The Scandinavian Front. I want to apologize that I will not be living up to the vision I had for The Scandinavian Front. The reason for this is because between my new full time job and all my other projects, TSF 2 fell by the wayside. This is not fair to TSF nor is it fair to you.

This is to be considered a Beta release. It has bugs. The Campaigns have not been fully balanced. But it is a playground that you can play around with - just like always. But this will be the Final Release of TSF 2. I sat down one too many times trying to make it perfect and I will have to accept that TSF 2 may never be. Maybe some day I will sit down and release a patch to bring it up to speed. But today is not that day.

I want to thank all the fans of TSF 2 for their support during this time. It has been invaluble. I also want to thank AngelP, Stary, Ravenclaw and my mate Paulopanz who have been there for me to make this mod what it is today. Without them, I could never have made this dream. Do not blame them for the unpolished state of this release, they gave me their all and I am very grateful.

FEATURES

Fly and fight with Aircraft from the Scandinavian Air Forces, including the legendary Saab lineup of aircraft in combat against the Soviet Union in multiple scenarios from 1950 to 2014.

Campaigns include several intensive conflicts, training missions and a virtual museum allowing you to follow a Swedish Flottilj for most of its history!

Now at last - Saab SK60 and Saab 37 Viggen are avalible to fly in TSF 2 alongside - for the first time - Soviet Aircraft in service of the fictionalFinno-Soviet Republic!

More AI Aircraft to fly with or against!

Updated Terrain Tiles, Weapons and Menu Screens.

Optimized code; unused and outdated assets removed.

Installation:
      This mod requires SF2: Europe.
      SF2 North Atlantic, Expansion Pack 1 and DLC 008 J 34 Hawker Hunter is highly recommended.
      Please be aware that without SF2 North Atlantic, at least two Campaigns will be unavalible.
      First of all, make sure you are using SF2: Europe and that it is patched to the latest version. This is _vital_.
      Check Thirdwire.com if you are unsure what the latest patch is, but the game should notify you if there is new patches out.
      Delete ANY PRIOR TSF MOD INSTALLATION! This is vital as items has been renamed, moved or otherwise changed.
      If you are using a mod, or plan to use one, TSF will mess around with settings other mods may be using. As such, creating a seperate mod folder for TSF is a good idea. If you only plan to use TSF, then this step can be bypassed.
      Go to your installation folder (Usually C:\Program Files\Thirdwire\Strike Fighters 2). Make a copy of Strike Fighters 2.exe / Strike Fighters 2 Europe.exe depending on what you prefer and got installed. Name the Copy Strike Fighters 2 TSF.exe . Start your new .exe once, then close the game.
      Now go to your Mod Folders. For Windows 7/Vista, this is located in C:\Users\Name\Saved Games\Thirdwire. For Windows XP Users, it is usually in My Documents.

Download ALL THE FILES into THE SAME FOLDER and Unzip TSF2_Final from TSF2_FinalPack.7z.001. You need 7z or Winrar to do this.

Unzip the contents of the 7zip files "TSF2_Final" into the mod folder of your choice.
      If you do not own Strike Fighters 2: North Atlantic, then unzip "Unzip if you do not have SF NA.7z". Read the Readme included and follow it to the letter.
      If you own Strike Figthers 2 Expansion Pack 1, unzip "Install if you do not have SF NA.7z". Allow any overwrites.
      If you own DLC 008 J 34 Hawker Hunter, unzip "Install if you have DLC 008 J 34 Hawker Hunter.7z". Allow any overwrites.
      If you own DLC 028, unzip "Install_if_you_have_DLC28.7z". Allow any overwrites.
      (Please read the included Credits file. I could not do what I do without the lovely people who helped me by allowing me to use their work!)
      Submitter JonathanRL Submitted 01/02/2018 Category User Made Campaigns  
    • By JonathanRL
      PLEASE BE AWARE; This release of TSF 2 is unpolished and is to be considered a Beta version. In short, there will be bugs and not all of them have been found. Unless things change significantly, there will not be more releases.
      Please read the letter below to understand why.

If you just want the SK 60 or the Saab 37 Viggen - look in the Aircraft section. If not posted there, they will be posted there shortly.

A letter from the Project Leader:
      My name is Jonathan and I am the project leader of The Scandinavian Front. I want to apologize that I will not be living up to the vision I had for The Scandinavian Front. The reason for this is because between my new full time job and all my other projects, TSF 2 fell by the wayside. This is not fair to TSF nor is it fair to you.

This is to be considered a Beta release. It has bugs. The Campaigns have not been fully balanced. But it is a playground that you can play around with - just like always. But this will be the Final Release of TSF 2. I sat down one too many times trying to make it perfect and I will have to accept that TSF 2 may never be. Maybe some day I will sit down and release a patch to bring it up to speed. But today is not that day.

I want to thank all the fans of TSF 2 for their support during this time. It has been invaluble. I also want to thank AngelP, Stary, Ravenclaw and my mate Paulopanz who have been there for me to make this mod what it is today. Without them, I could never have made this dream. Do not blame them for the unpolished state of this release, they gave me their all and I am very grateful.

FEATURES

Fly and fight with Aircraft from the Scandinavian Air Forces, including the legendary Saab lineup of aircraft in combat against the Soviet Union in multiple scenarios from 1950 to 2014.

Campaigns include several intensive conflicts, training missions and a virtual museum allowing you to follow a Swedish Flottilj for most of its history!

Now at last - Saab SK60 and Saab 37 Viggen are avalible to fly in TSF 2 alongside - for the first time - Soviet Aircraft in service of the fictionalFinno-Soviet Republic!

More AI Aircraft to fly with or against!

Updated Terrain Tiles, Weapons and Menu Screens.

Optimized code; unused and outdated assets removed.

Installation:
      This mod requires SF2: Europe.
      SF2 North Atlantic, Expansion Pack 1 and DLC 008 J 34 Hawker Hunter is highly recommended.
      Please be aware that without SF2 North Atlantic, at least two Campaigns will be unavalible.
      First of all, make sure you are using SF2: Europe and that it is patched to the latest version. This is _vital_.
      Check Thirdwire.com if you are unsure what the latest patch is, but the game should notify you if there is new patches out.
      Delete ANY PRIOR TSF MOD INSTALLATION! This is vital as items has been renamed, moved or otherwise changed.
      If you are using a mod, or plan to use one, TSF will mess around with settings other mods may be using. As such, creating a seperate mod folder for TSF is a good idea. If you only plan to use TSF, then this step can be bypassed.
      Go to your installation folder (Usually C:\Program Files\Thirdwire\Strike Fighters 2). Make a copy of Strike Fighters 2.exe / Strike Fighters 2 Europe.exe depending on what you prefer and got installed. Name the Copy Strike Fighters 2 TSF.exe . Start your new .exe once, then close the game.
      Now go to your Mod Folders. For Windows 7/Vista, this is located in C:\Users\Name\Saved Games\Thirdwire. For Windows XP Users, it is usually in My Documents.

Download ALL THE FILES into THE SAME FOLDER and Unzip TSF2_Final from TSF2_FinalPack.7z.001. You need 7z or Winrar to do this.

Unzip the contents of the 7zip files "TSF2_Final" into the mod folder of your choice.
      If you do not own Strike Fighters 2: North Atlantic, then unzip "Unzip if you do not have SF NA.7z". Read the Readme included and follow it to the letter.
      If you own Strike Figthers 2 Expansion Pack 1, unzip "Install if you do not have SF NA.7z". Allow any overwrites.
      If you own DLC 008 J 34 Hawker Hunter, unzip "Install if you have DLC 008 J 34 Hawker Hunter.7z". Allow any overwrites.
      If you own DLC 028, unzip "Install_if_you_have_DLC28.7z". Allow any overwrites.
      (Please read the included Credits file. I could not do what I do without the lovely people who helped me by allowing me to use their work!)
    • By JonathanRL

View File TSF Saab 37 Viggen(*) Flygvapnet Package
      Saab 37 Viggen(*)
      by The Scandinavian Front & Friends.

The Saab 37 Viggen ("Thunderbolt", ambiguous with "Tufted duck") is a Swedish single-seat, single-engine, short-medium range combat aircraft,
      manufactured between 1970 and 1990. Several distinctive variants were produced to perform the roles of strike fighter (AJ37), maritime patrol aircraft (SH 37)
      and all-weather fighter-interceptor aircraft (JA 37). In the late 1990s, all Viggens was updated to the multirole version (AJS 37). The last flight with
      the Viggen (AJS 37, AJSH & SK 37E Jammers) was done in 2005 with all airplanes replaced by the Saab 39 Gripen.

This package contains Four Flyable and One AI Aircraft

Saab AJ 37 Viggen
      Attack version with limited fighter capacity. In service between 1971 and 1998. This aircraft carried the now-famous splinter camo that is the dread of skinners and model makers worldwide.

Saab JA 37 Viggen
      Fighter version introduced in 1980 with new engine, entirely different avionics and an internal gun. Stayed in service until 2004 when it was replaced with the Saab 39 Gripen.

Saab JA 37D Viggen
      Upgraded JA 37 with RB 99 Amraam capacity introduced in 1997. All was taken out of service in 2004.

Saab AJS 37 Viggen
      The last and most capable version with lessions learned from the JAS 39 Program. 48 Viggens was updated to this standard and they stayed in service from 1991 to 2005.

Saab SH 37 Viggen (AI Only)
      Maritime Patrol Version with potent attack capacity against maritime targets. In Service from 1975 to 1996.

INSTALLATION:
      Download this package and unzip into a folder of your choice, preferably one easy to access.

Visit the DAT site and download their Viggen package. You will only need the Cockpit folder as well as the LOD and OUT files. The airplane will not work without them.

Move the Cockpit Folder and the LOD and OUT files from the DAT package into this unextracted package - Viggen R3 goes into the JA 37 and AJS 37 Folders; Viggen R1 into the AJ 37 and SH 37 Folders.

Copy the package into your Mod Folder.

Have fun.

CONDITIONS FOR USE:
      No Improvements, facts, weapons, scripts or data added by the TSF Team may be hosted on any other site then CombatAce without written permission by JonathanRL.
      For mods posted to CombatAce, no conditions apply (though Credit is of course appreciated) and the Modders Gentlements Agreement is in effect. Any breach of these conditions
      may result in consequences as TSF see fit and as the situation dictates.

Credits:
      3D model by Anders Lejczak @ ColaCola.se, used with his written permission. Model converted to SF by Capun @ DAT
      Cockpit by Capun @ DAT (?)
      SF2 Updates and Skins by Paulopanz
      SF2 Flight Models by Baffmeister
      Weapons by Ravenclaw_007
      Corrections, fact checking, adjustments and loadouts by JonathanRL

Thanks to Capun & A-Team for leading the way, TSF will take it from here.
      Submitter JonathanRL Submitted 01/05/2016 Category Viggen  
    • By JonathanRL
      Saab 37 Viggen(*)
      by The Scandinavian Front & Friends.

The Saab 37 Viggen ("Thunderbolt", ambiguous with "Tufted duck") is a Swedish single-seat, single-engine, short-medium range combat aircraft,
      manufactured between 1970 and 1990. Several distinctive variants were produced to perform the roles of strike fighter (AJ37), maritime patrol aircraft (SH 37)
      and all-weather fighter-interceptor aircraft (JA 37). In the late 1990s, all Viggens was updated to the multirole version (AJS 37). The last flight with
      the Viggen (AJS 37, AJSH & SK 37E Jammers) was done in 2005 with all airplanes replaced by the Saab 39 Gripen.

This package contains Four Flyable and One AI Aircraft

Saab AJ 37 Viggen
      Attack version with limited fighter capacity. In service between 1971 and 1998. This aircraft carried the now-famous splinter camo that is the dread of skinners and model makers worldwide.

Saab JA 37 Viggen
      Fighter version introduced in 1980 with new engine, entirely different avionics and an internal gun. Stayed in service until 2004 when it was replaced with the Saab 39 Gripen.

Saab JA 37D Viggen
      Upgraded JA 37 with RB 99 Amraam capacity introduced in 1997. All was taken out of service in 2004.

Saab AJS 37 Viggen
      The last and most capable version with lessions learned from the JAS 39 Program. 48 Viggens was updated to this standard and they stayed in service from 1991 to 2005.

Saab SH 37 Viggen (AI Only)
      Maritime Patrol Version with potent attack capacity against maritime targets. In Service from 1975 to 1996.

INSTALLATION:
      Download this package and unzip into a folder of your choice, preferably one easy to access.

Visit the DAT site and download their Viggen package. You will only need the Cockpit folder as well as the LOD and OUT files. The airplane will not work without them.

Move the Cockpit Folder and the LOD and OUT files from the DAT package into this unextracted package - Viggen R3 goes into the JA 37 and AJS 37 Folders; Viggen R1 into the AJ 37 and SH 37 Folders.

Copy the package into your Mod Folder.

Have fun.

CONDITIONS FOR USE:
      No Improvements, facts, weapons, scripts or data added by the TSF Team may be hosted on any other site then CombatAce without written permission by JonathanRL.
      For mods posted to CombatAce, no conditions apply (though Credit is of course appreciated) and the Modders Gentlements Agreement is in effect. Any breach of these conditions
      may result in consequences as TSF see fit and as the situation dictates.

Credits:
      3D model by Anders Lejczak @ ColaCola.se, used with his written permission. Model converted to SF by Capun @ DAT
      Cockpit by Capun @ DAT (?)
      SF2 Updates and Skins by Paulopanz
      SF2 Flight Models by Baffmeister
      Weapons by Ravenclaw_007
      Corrections, fact checking, adjustments and loadouts by JonathanRL

Thanks to Capun & A-Team for leading the way, TSF will take it from here.
    • By Jug
      OK, for the dummy in the crowd, is there some how-to that will enable me to get the AJ-37 Viggen flyable in SF-2???

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..