Sign in to follow this  
sixstrings

Flight controller for SF2 question ?

Looking to get a new flight controller for SF2. Mainly play WW I and WW II air combat sims, (fairly simple control commands). Just recently getting into more modern air combat sims as SF2 and Falcon BMS after being away from them for about 13 years. Need a flight controller i can map most commands with ,and on a budget. Looking at the Logitech X52 . Is it worthwhile or should i consider something else ? Any recommendations would be most welcomed . Thanks ,Scott

• Like 1

I use an X56 Rhino.

Works outstanding for me.

• Like 2

I use a Thrustmaster Hotas One for my stick. It's got enough buttons for most functions, mainly flight functions, but it's a decent stick

• Like 1

Thrustmaster T-Flight X HOTAS . i Use it for SF2. Simple and cheap. Can't say that I recommend it. I'm just used to playing SF2 with this joystick. I have 3 joisticks for different games but i think it makes no sense to take them out now and check it out what is written on the bottom of them, because they are already out of production anyway.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Slant6 said:

Logitech 3d. 

Me too

• Like 2

I used an X-52 Pro for many years and loved it. It still works, but the twist rudder axis needs to be cleaned/replaced. My X-52 Pro was from the initial release by Saitek. The quality was great long hours every day over a lot of years. Later batches under the MadCatz years were notorious for inconsistent quality. I have no personal experience with the Logitech generation of Saitek sticks. If they are making them as good as Saitek once did, I would go with an X-52 Pro.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Slant6 said:

Logitech 3d. 

Same here..  :good:

• Like 1

Thanks Guys. Decided to get the Logitech X56 . Seems to be the best for the money for SF2 and Falcon BMS. Still use my 3D Extreme Pro for WW I and WW II sims. Thanks for all the advice. Regards, Scott

• Like 1