Hello!

I just noticed that some of my nations.ini in some terrains have these entrances:

NeutralNation001=Airliner
NeutralNation002=Civilian

But I NEVER saw any of my civilian and airliners planes flying in the missions by the AI.

These "neutral nations" really works?

1 hour ago, madvad said:

These "neutral nations" really works?

Nope, Strike Fighters does not support a third Neutral force. It's either Enemy or Friendly side.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Menrva said:

Nope, Strike Fighters does not support a third Neutral force. It's either Enemy or Friendly side.

As I suspected :rolleyes:

im not sure why airliner is neutral

i added airliner nations when i made airliners (DC-10, 757, A310, 707) years ago. also added it to the formation ini so that the airliners would fly in a long line "formation". however, the airliner nation should be FRIENDLY, not NEUTRAL.

Edited by daddyairplanes

depending on the aircraft, the

ExportedToEnemy=

line in the data ini should say TRUE.

8 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

im not sure why airliner is neutral

He wants the airliners to fly and not be targeted by anyone. If they are friendly, then the opposite side will shoot them down anyway. On the one hand, this is superfluous, because during a big war no one in their right mind will fly on a civilian plane over the battlefield, but on the other hand, neutral planes fly in low-intensity wars. Coud be nice to have a way to make civilian aircrafts neutral.

Edited by bazillius
  • Like 2

And on a COIN scenario where the enemy posses no aircraft, would be possible to encounter civilian planes flying ONLY over friendly territory? 

i had thought to do a RED_Airline for that sort of thing. but never got around to it

also, later thinking on airliners was the Civil Reserve Airlift Fleet. only called up so far for Iraq 90/91 and 03, it would have featured heavily in a real world REFORGER bringing the troops while the cargo birds bring equipment and supplies

• Like 1