roony265

how to change the flyable aircraft in the campaign

hey guys im trying to change the aircraft in the campaign (Operation Kadesh specifically) and i followed how to do it by this post

but each and every time i start the the game and create a campaign it gives me the original air craft chooses. could someone help me

thanks

C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Vietnam = this is the place were i put the modified campaign files

Screenshot 2023-01-25 07-02-56.png

Do your other mods you have in there work okay?

Are you just replacing an aircraft type with another for a single unit?

yeah all of my addon aircrafts works

might be here is the screenshot of campaign.ini and campaign data .ini

campaign.ini

63d1cf7690b10_Screenshot2023-01-2606-19-16.thumb.png.dfb833f675c51a882636c8b7a0a242c8.png

campaign data .ini

63d1cfa7f1293_Screenshot2023-01-2606-19-54.thumb.png.0c2538c0f8fd96ae9b49898f0ea6b5c1.png

From what I can see the default texture seems wrong, you're referencing the decals, not the texture itself. And a note, the VFA2CAG texture is a singular texture, not designed for decals. I mean you can put it on because you like that, but you'll have the same texture for all aircraft.

Edited by EricJ

where can i find the texture to put in the default texture place and what kinda file is it is it a LOD file or ini file because i can't find it

by the way im using eric j's fa18 super hornet

You have to download the file from the Downloads section, as that was a skin I made after releasing the plane.

it's not working i downloaded your fa 18 (this one)

and put it into the aircraft folder(objects/aircraft/FA 18E BKII) and change the default texture VFA-115 CAG 2009 in the campaign data ini

but when go to campaign and create a one (operation kadesh) i can only choose from aircraft selection is the default one not FA 18  E BKII

i think the problem is that my modified campaign files are not being detected by the game or some thing like that

I'm not a campaign guru by any stretch of the imagination, so I can't help you there. And that's strange, the VFA-2 CAG should show up in the Downloads, as I could have swore I uploaded it years ago.

EDIT: Apparently I never uploaded the skin for download. I'll upload it today so it'll be available.

Edited by EricJ

I take it you have changed the dates on the FA-18F so it is operational in 1956?

• Haha 1

Nation should also be USN, not USAF, and you'll need to edit some weapons so they'll be usable for that time period.

Edited by EricJ

Hi Roony,

A couple of things I've noticed.

First, I don't see why you put your Israel campaing file in the Vietnam folder instead of the Israel folder (since you're using a stock Israel campaign, I assume you have SF2 Israel installed). However, as long as you FA-18 is also in your Vienam folder, it should work fine.

Second, as MigBuster pointed out, you must change the 'ServiceStartYear' in the aircraft_data.ini of your plane (in 56 the FA-18 was probably not even close to the drawing board). And your screenshots show that your FA-18 nation is USAF. But the IsraelME terrain has 'LimitedNations' set to True (in IsraelME.INI), and USAF is not listed in the 'LimitedNationList'. I'm not sure but that may be a problem.

On 1/24/2023 at 3:48 PM, roony265 said:

but each and every time i start the the game and create a campaign it gives me the original air craft chooses. could someone help me

Check these things, maybe they will help pinpointing the issue:

- in the campaign data.ini file,

1) is the plane syntax written correct ?

2) is asigned a squadron to the respective plane ?

3) is the correct nation designated for the plane ?

- in campaign INI file,

1) is created a squadron which match the campaign data.ini file entry for it ?

2) is the correct StartDate for the selected plane ?

3) Does the name of the selected plane match the one from campaign data.ini file ?

4) Are the UnitID entries in chronological order ? Check that