47 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

im down for another Boeing. just make an airstair in the back, with a single paratrooper station (50 points to whoever gets it)

and could make the fictional Concorde RS1 strategic aircraft along with a Concorde......

D.B. Cooper D.B. Cooper jumps from an airborne Boeing 727 after extorting $200,000 ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

in recent years I have learned to predict the future and fortune tell. In a few years, I will want a KF-21. But that will be in the future. Tarot cards say exactly that.

KFX-model.jpg

KF-21_prototype.jpg

KF21-4.jpg

Edited by bazillius
  • Like 2

I took a look to the newcomers inputs. First I have to say that there will be no cockpit here. Sorry. All veterans guys from here skilled in 3DMax I have asked and with cockpit building expertise are "taken" and swallowed, many times, by their projects, so no help here hence no , read my lips, cockpits. Nothing personal.

Secondly I trimmed the contestants in 4 big categories:

- Civilian/cargo planes

- WWII aircraft

- Special entries (Thrust SSC and Bloodhound SSC)

- the rest of the contestants remained

With all regrets, first three categories, after weighing the PRO and CONS arguments (subjective of course nonetheless), would have to go. Maybe they will find a way back with the next project, we'll see. I'll keep them in store until then.

Thirdly, I must let you know that THERE IS a OV-1C , in SF1 files section (I checked, I have it on my pc, in SF1 folders). Also TAV-8B Harrier II is out of the competition because Yakarov is already working on a model.

So the bidding list after trimming through contestants looks like this :

- Grumman S-2 Tracker

- Grumman E-1 Tracer

- Canadair CL-215

- MIG-19S Farmer-C

- Boeing X-32

- North American X-15

- F-94 Starfire

- Convair F2Y Sea Dart

- SNCASE Baroudeur

- KAI KF-21 Boramae

- Training Jaguar

- Training SU-15

- F-35 Lightning II

- Mirage G8

- YF-17

We end the bidding in weekend (next Saturday) so I will wait for other ideas until then.

And lastly thank you for your welcoming thoughts, I really appreciated it. After some consideration it is possible I might (it's not a promise yet, we'll see) sponsor TWO planes from the crowd instead of just one. As I said we'll see.

Edited by UllyB

There is a Ki-84, but I suspect it's DAT, judging by the lod naming conventions

We also have a Betty, but it 's reaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly old (ArmorDave old) and needs replacing

But whatever Ully chooses, we'll all be happy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wrench said:

There is a Ki-84, but I suspect it's DAT, judging by the lod naming conventions

We also have a Betty, but it 's reaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly old (ArmorDave old) and needs replacing

But whatever Ully chooses, we'll all be happy

Honestly Kevin what I wish is to have a majority happy with the final decision, so it won't be , for sure, just an arbitrary, subjective one. I will pay attention to CombatAce members and veterans arguments, for each presented case.

PS - So far, just to express an opinion (maybe there is someone curious what's on my mind LOL) my favorites in the runners list are Grumman S-2 and  Canadair CL-215.

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The best KI-84 is from YAP and for me is the BEST WWII plane available. Nor a single flaw. Simply perfect in all areas. Actually it´s a FILE404 plane.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The winner is the Tracker, but should be great to have the early  top radar and the late with different nacelles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Early version S-2A

51254817080-bb02f31791-b.jpg

grumman-tracker-lvk-5.jpg

grumman-tracker-lvk-6.jpg

Top radome, thinner nacelle end and rounded wing tips.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yes, Tracker is a good choice.

Maybe we need a new KC-10.:rofl: ....joke that only one will understand. 

AJ Savage.....:cool:

Martin's Marlin, Mariner, Mars :cool:

Caribou.

TAV-8B is 99.9% done a long time ago...I am waiting for inspiration for the remaining 0.1%

• Like 6

YES! the Triple T's! 
Tracker Tracer Trader will be Nice.. 
No Mohawk then..:rolleyes: (been around in DL section, haven't found it yet..  :( )  C-2  Greyhound and "TRUE" E-2A/B will be nice if you have a leisure time, since we already have stand-in E-2 hawkeye series pit.. :biggrin:

Welcome back, have a nice day and Thanks, Sir!

Edited by anunk47
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yakarov79 said:

Caribou.

TAV-8B is 99.9% done a long time ago...I am waiting for inspiration for the remaining 0.1%

And don't forget GR5 :pilotfly:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yakarov79 said:

I was sure that this plane had been ready for a long time. You yourself fly on it and laugh at us with the Evil laughter. Is not it so? Mwahahaha! Mwahahaha!

KlutzyLividEskimodog-size_restricted.gif

I even feel little disapointment!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

Caribou.

I took North American AJ Savage and De Havilland Canada DHC-4 Caribou into consideration and added to the list. Thank you for your input.

• Like 1

Got a question for the F-35 lovers who asked for a new one. Why do you want a new one ? I saw at least two models in the SF2 download section. I never unzip them to take personally a good  look to them. I saw that they are from 2009/2011. Do those two models have too many flaws or something or what's the deal with you asking for new ones ? Just curious. I noticed that one of them is made by FastCargo who is a plane guru if I remember him well. Please enlighten me on this matter.

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 1

My pick is the X-15, I'd be very interested to see it in Strike Fighters. But also the S-2 Tracker would be a nice addition to the ODS mod.

The X-32 is being made by @angelp as far as I know, so I don't think we need someone else start a new one from scratch. The C-2A Greyhound was made by Veltro2k but it is still unreleased and maybe someday Wrench will release it. It will be included in a future update of the ODS mod with specific tweaks, though.

12 hours ago, UllyB said:

Thirdly, I must let you know that THERE IS a OV-1C , in SF1 files section (I checked, I have it on my pc, in SF1 folders).

Unfortunately no, there is no OV-1C. The one you found is a dead post, it was made by capun of the A-Team, then the Strike Fighters community got divided long ago and A-Team stuff got fully removed from CombatACE. Such stuff is only released on the A-Team site which is not exactly end-user friendly nor freely available for downloads. So yeah, the Mohawk would be a nice addition to the CombatACE roster of aircraft as well. Even better, I would wish such a decade long rift would be solved, but when I joined CA it had happened already and I'm not fully aware of how it unfolded. I don't mean to open old wounds, I'm sure both sides have reasons.

15 minutes ago, UllyB said:

Got a question for the F-35 lovers who asked for a new one. Why do you want a new one ? I saw at least two models in the SF2 download section. I never unzip them to take personally a good  look to them. I saw that they are from 2009/2011. Do those two models have too many flaws or something or what's the deal with you asking for new ones ? Just curious. I notice that one of them is made by FastCargo who is a plane guru if I remember him well. Please enlighten me on this matter.

The 3d models are inaccurate, from the canopy shape to the F-35C having just one wheel on the nose instead of two wheels as required for carrier ops. Back when those models were made, the F-35s were not even operational, so such inaccuracies had to be expected. I was working on revamping Klavs81's F-35 cockpit with tons of .ini tricks and new textures, but even that 3d model leaves a lot to be desired for SF2 (it was made for SF1 at the time, and SF1 had more limited functions for cockpits). A brand new cockpit 3d model with more realism and functions would be quite difficult to recreate on Strike Fighters' engine, so the old one could do okay anyway.

Edited by Menrva
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Menrva said:

My pick is the X-15, I'd be very interested to see it in Strike Fighters. But also the S-2 Tracker would be a nice addition to the ODS mod.

The X-32 is being made by @angelp as far as I know, so I don't think we need someone else start a new one from scratch. The C-2A Greyhound was made by Veltro2k but it is still unreleased and maybe someday Wrench will release it. It will be included in a future update of the ODS mod with specific tweaks, though.

Unfortunately no, there is no OV-1C. The one you found is a dead post, it was made by capun of the A-Team, then the Strike Fighters community got divided back then and A-Team stuff got fully removed from CombatACE. Such stuff is only released on their site A-Team site which is not exactly end-user friendly. So yeah, the Mohawk would be a nice addition to the CombatACE roster of aircraft as well. Even better, I would wish such a decade long rift would be solved, but when I joined CA it had happened already and I'm not fully aware of how it unfolded. I don't mean to open old wounds, I'm sure both sides have reasons.

Oh, I see. Yeah, I guess you're right and as I recall there was a "civil war" here long time ago, between a CombatAce senior majority and Capun. Capun being the author, no one can share it here anymore , even if it has it. I see your point now. I will sleep on it and decide after if I should include it into the list or not. Thank you for pointing out this matter.

I didn't know that AngelP,  my old partner in crime, was working on a X-32, thank you for letting me know that. I will eliminate it from the list.(the plane, not Angel LOL)

Edited by UllyB

Just an update for the list:

- Grumman S-2 Tracker

- Grumman E-1 Tracer

- Canadair CL-215

- MIG-19S Farmer-C

- North American AJ Savage

- North American X-15

- F-94 Starfire

- Convair F2Y Sea Dart

- SNCASE Baroudeur

- KAI KF-21 Boramae

- Training Jaguar

- Training SU-15

- F-35 Lightning II

- Mirage G8

- YF-17

- De Havilland Canada DHC-4 Caribou

- SU-34

If you noticed I added a... new (old) plane on the list. I might be able to bring back  that old, back in the days, SU-34 project for you all. I will try to negociate its resurrection from the dead, especially because it was almost finished back then. No promisses, but I will try to get it. Finger crossed.

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Menrva said:

The 3d models are inaccurate, from the canopy shape to the F-35C having just one wheel on the nose instead of two wheels as required for carrier ops. Back when those models were made, the F-35s were not even operational, so such inaccuracies had to be expected. I was working on revamping Klavs81's F-35 cockpit with tons of .ini tricks and new textures, but even that 3d model leaves a lot to be desired for SF2 (it was made for SF1 at the time, and SF1 had more limited functions for cockpits). A brand new cockpit 3d model with more realism and functions would be quite difficult to recreate on Strike Fighters' engine, so the old one could do okay anyway.

I see...alright. Thank you for explaining to me that.

I guess I should go ahead and release the Greyhound. be advised, there are some FM issue, and it's the late model, with the 8 (6?) bladed props, not the early ones. anything wrong with it, not fixable by ini work, will be there forever, as we don't have the MAX files.

iirc, capun may also have an x15, but I'm not sure. if i also remember, he'd figured out a way to make water landing NOT a crash for float planes and flying boats. We'd need to study the data ini and possibly the lod itself (fake skid???:dntknw: )

3 hours ago, Wrench said:

I guess I should go ahead and release the Greyhound. be advised, there are some FM issue, and it's the late model, with the 8 (6?) bladed props, not the early ones. anything wrong with it, not fixable by ini work, will be there forever, as we don't have the MAX files.

iirc, capun may also have an x15, but I'm not sure. if i also remember, he'd figured out a way to make water landing NOT a crash for float planes and flying boats. We'd need to study the data ini and possibly the lod itself (fake skid???:dntknw: )

Its easy to make land some planes in the water, in fact I made some test with an Submarine carrier that I had in my old HDD. The trick is make a "runway" over some water , with transparent texture. That worked with the I-400 submarine and the japanese flkoat planes .

• Like 1

Sea planes are ok. They just need proper data.ini and someone to build their 3D models.

63e194e4115c2_Rufeatsea.JPG.7a12e207dbe0a75b326dcefbdcfbfb6d.JPG

63e194eba5652_Defiantatsea.JPG.482ff85da0073c8f232e26946377f3c0.JPG

It's the same trick as the belly landing.

63e19b702272f_Catalinahop.thumb.jpg.5208fc2329b547cda318fe0b05a79cc2.jpg

Edited by Cliff7600
PBY
  • Like 2

Could the water spray and wake be simulated with new 3D animations like sound barrier cone?

th

7 hours ago, Menrva said:

The X-32@angelp

That aircraft which named here X-32 is not X-32. F-35 here is ideal model, if you call that model which present on the site X-32.  the model is not accurate as a real aircraft , it does not even look like this plane. And it was probably made when the real X-32 was not even in the form of a mockup

1 hour ago, bazillius said:

That aircraft which named here X-32 is not X-32. F-35 here is ideal model, if you call that model which present on the site X-32.  the model is not accurate as a real aircraft , it does not even look like this plane. And it was probably made when the real X-32 was not even in the form of a mockup

This one?

F-32A.thumb.png.28afea75512b8786fc538d8124035f9f.png

f-32B.thumb.png.91c3ee64baa025c184fb6e870d030d1b.png

img00025.thumb.JPG.fdecb117069edc89afebbf29d893537a.JPGimg00024.thumb.JPG.b083b7c1beb256c6c0d0b50c7e28c1e6.JPG

It's not an exact copy but for a what if plane I think is enough.. Most important ... The smile of a happy plane :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1