alexis99

What will be next in cockpits?

Fascinating thread on the most wanted new aircraft. 

Since I spend most of my time in the cockpit, I thought I'd steal the idea and talk about wanted cockpits.

For instance, the B-2 has a place-holder in the form of the B-1B, so it would be nice to see a dedicated B-2 cockpit.

I know the idea of an F-14D cockpit has also been thrown around and not yet stuck to the drawing board.

I'm currently flying guuru's Tornado at the moment. It has a back seat! Wow, what a superb feature. So since  the technology and know-how is there, wouldn't it be nice to have a back seat for the talking baggage in some other such tandem aircraft. F-14, F-4,  Gloster Javelin for starters.

And a side seat in the A-6, B-52, Vulcan etc.

Another sadly-lacking feature is the drogue chute. We can emulate the effect of a drogue chute with the appropriate code in the datafile, but it would be nice to see the drogue chute showing in the mirrors. Could these not be retro-fitted? The SF2 F-117 has one, so someone knows how to do it.

• Like 2

drag chute must be part of the model properly linked in a hierarchy and be part of the visible component in data.ini. 

the new cockpit is not a problem  - usually, the time needed to build one is. Generally, building a cockpit is much easier than an aircraft model - it just takes much more time. 

Same thing about double cockpits. Either it is a backseater, side-seater, or even can have three positions. The thing is you need time to build one.  

• Like 3

How bout an F-84F pit? Yes - we need a F-14D Bombcat pit👍

• Like 3

A cockpit for the F-14D... and/or a beautiful cockpit for C-130E/H !  :biggrin:

• Like 2

We can list needed cockpits and it will be long. But who will do these cockpits?

Edited by bazillius
  • Like 2

sooo, you stole my idea...:biggrin: Building a plane is child's play compared to a cockpit in TIME units. As I know all cockpit gurus  here are busy for years with their cockpit projects. Conclusion: there are few to none available hands on the deck for such task here. Unless one of them owe you a big favor or you can pay them to let their work to do yours, forget about it. You could end the thread here.:biggrin:

PS - after every two or three years you will notice that a new cockpit entered the download section and that only if the author is not changing his mind to share it. :biggrin:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bazillius said:

We can list needed cockpits and it will be long

And how this is going to help?

It is fun to have a wish list...but it is only fun. the cockpit will not make itself suddenly...

Research time. This is not like you will google "xyz cockpit" and have ready everything. Manuals, hundreds of photos and you still will have a shitload of work. I think years ago someone asked about creating a research group - to take part of the workload from the modeler. Suppose it did not work out either. Maybe one day...  as for now generally, 3d guys here are on their own... 

But believe me, research in this matter is hard. As I said - it is not about googling cockpit photos.

the best thing about making a working cockpit is - that in the end after all this hard work you will feel rewarded.

img00012a.thumb.jpg.e31b435a7beede2d28f59befa1cc25f0.jpg

img00011a.thumb.jpg.41b33323f24a5ff1fab50bd0640561a8.jpg

img00010a.thumb.jpg.a92446896fd41069c1bbb328b98ae793.jpg

img00013a.thumb.jpg.c12ee90521fe7ee48a7ce58bc2d6c1cb.jpg

img00012a.thumb.jpg.a04f3884c6b9938e1bd882205153cf6f.jpg

So...yes we need a cockpit for this and that..but whining about it...will not make it happen...

Edited by yakarov79
  • Like 12

Cockpits need a lot of accurate informations and documents in order to be modeled. :smile:

• Like 3

Oh gosh, didn't think I had whined. I felt that if we were going to have a thread talking about what aircraft would we like next, why wouldn't a thread about what cockpit would we like next be equally appreciated. Were the people proposing new aircraft whining?

Some people need to get a sense of humour.

10 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

drag chute must be part of the model properly linked in a hierarchy and be part of the visible component in data.ini. 

Yes, that's how I do it.

I go into the F-117 data file and steal the little section on drag chute, and put it into my chuteless aircraft. Then I take the name of the drag chute section, let's say [DragChute] and add it to the end of the system list in the tail section of the aircraft. 

You don't need a visible model.

Most drag chute operations in SF2 are created as an extra airbrake with operation channelled by your normal airbrakes being out and your wheels on the ground.

Back in SF1, I fitted one of these virtual airbrakes to an F-16, because that was what I was flying then. I tried removing the "wheels on ground" instruction to see what would happen. When I hit the airbrake the darn thing nearly fell out of the sky.

That helped me adjust the efficiency of the drag chute.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexis99 said:

Oh gosh, didn't think I had whined.

Do not pay attention. You just expressed your desires, but wrote not to Santa Claus, but to the site.  The topic that UllyB started is of an applied nature, and he will most likely make an airplane, and perhaps one day an airplane will be made. Your theme is just an expression of your desire without any prospects for implementation. And the fact that wroten that you  whining, so it's okay. Someone will definitely be dissatisfied with what you wrote or misunderstand you or will answer the way you do not like. Making a cockpit is a labor intensive process, and much more difficult than making an airplane. I also made a cockpit and it tires me. Cuz i dont like scripting. You need scripting a lot for cockpit and do not have any normal guide. No one will make a cockpit for your order. Only if he wants it himself. As a variant start your project and upload it for us.

2 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

And how this is going to help?

It is fun to have a wish list...but it is only fun. the cockpit will not make itself suddenly...

I said the same.

Edited by bazillius

2 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

the best thing about making a working cockpit is - that in the end after all this hard work you will feel rewarded.

your cockpits are bestest) i pray on some of them. Your hellicopters most used in my mod folder. So if you feel your stamina is rising unexpectedly you have to know that thats my praying :biggrin: I am playing your Ah-1 Cobra at this time!

Edited by bazillius
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, UllyB said:

"almost likely" ...? :biggrin:

Well, you have to think about force majeure circumstances. Who knows, maybe tomorrow our planet will be sucked into a black hole and we are like aaaah .... Dang! So... we played a new plane oh indeed! Now we will forever fall into the singularity and be smeared across the event horizon or elongated like spaghetti. Agree, it is difficult to finish the work in such a state.

Edited by bazillius

18 minutes ago, bazillius said:

Well, you have to think about force majeure circumstances. Who knows, maybe tomorrow our planet will be sucked into a black hole and we are like aaaah .... Dang! So... we played a new plane oh indeed! Now we will forever fall into the singularity and be smeared across the event horizon or elongated like spaghetti. Agree, it is difficult to finish the work in such a state.

Taking into consideration these apocaliptic scenarios, it would've been easier to say...99,99% , which, of course is no 100% :biggrin:

Edited by UllyB
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, UllyB said:

"almost likely" ...? :biggrin:

I just wanna say (not about you) that we have a lot long building aircrafts and unfinished projects which was splashed on the site many years ago under WIP!  SOOOOOON!!!!!! and..... only silence and dead cosmmik cold :biggrin:

8 minutes ago, bazillius said:

I just wanna say (not about you) that we have a lot long building aircrafts and unfinished projects which was splashed on the site many years ago under WIP!  SOOOOOON!!!!!! and..... only silence and dead cosmmik cold :biggrin:

Well, if you put it that way, who am I to contradict you ? :laugh:

25 minutes ago, UllyB said:

Well, if you put it that way, who am I to contradict you ? :laugh:

I know for myself. When I was making BM-21 Grad and my wehicle was 99% ready and even the texture of reflections and the texture of shadows were already done and baked on mesh, I noticed that in one place the shadow does not fall correctly. I'll thought -  I'll do tomorrow! And this tomorrow lasted a year! A year later, I thought, to hell with it. And just filled everything with solid green paint and made a release. If you look at the model in Mue's viewer, you will see a carefully prepared UV Map and ...... just a green paint fill. So the last 1% is always the hardest. A person in his life always goes through the most difficult test, which is called 1%. Not everyone is able to pass. :biggrin:

Edited by bazillius

5 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

img00013a.thumb.jpg.c12ee90521fe7ee48a7ce58bc2d6c1cb.jpg

Great work, as usual! Which chopper is this? I'd like to d/l it.

Edited by citizen67
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, citizen67 said:

Which chopper is this? I'd like to d/l it

this is the new AH-1G...not been published yet. Still have to do a thing or two...

• Like 4

There was an amazing He 111 cockpit around as WIP but it seamed to be death.

• Sad 1

This is my favourite cockpit

It's an F-35A Helmet display.

The design of the RWR is slightly modified from Eric J's Superhornet

img00004.thumb.JPG.ef0a9d248e57739a1b0abf74c7caa367.JPG

On 2/13/2023 at 3:17 AM, Wilches said:

There was an amazing He 111 cockpit around as WIP but it seamed to be death.

BEEP!  BEEP! WARNING! WARNING!  Ahaaaaaaa!!!!! Got ya! On my radar detected the person who works on Tu-95 Skin!  :biggrin:

Clipboard0.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1