A late comer ,but rather late than never. Just added YAP RW and YAP RW flight school to SF2 Vietnam and am amazed and really love it . Excited ! This is the first mod that i've added so far. Was at first intimidated as i'm so new , but the SF2 series ,and modders make it so easy. I come from a CFS3 and IL-2 1946 background where every mod is a real pain to get right installing. SF2 is the easiest air combat sim to add mods to that i ever came across ! Let the addiction now begin ! Thanks to all the modders for making this sim a real diamond ! So much to do and looking to take as much HD space as i can with this series ! Regards,Scott

• Like 12

Welcome aboard! There are tons of add-ons and mods for the sim, and the community is always helpful.

Welcome, SF2 is really funny to play and there are fantastic models thorugh the work of the modders

Have fun and happy hunting !

1 hour ago, UllyB said:

Don't be a stranger ! :)

Ummm.. No I'm not.. Unashamed  yes.. :biggrin:   

@sixstrings Yes.. very addictive!  I'm not a hardcore gamer myself.. my hardware not an UFO tech hardware too.. but this game always installed on my PC since P4 era until intel-i series  Laptop... the only downside thing is I'm not join this Family earlier..  :( 

I was ...talking to ..Scott. :biggrin: (he was the one who made the thread) . Usually when someone wants to address to a...  specific person in the thread, it uses the...quote of that person. If  the quote it's not used, one can understand that 1) he/she is letting know people about his/hers opinion about the matter in discussion or 2) is addressing directly to the one who made the thread.

Edited by UllyB

2 hours ago, UllyB said:

I was ...talking with ..Scott. :biggrin: (he was the one who made the thread) . Usually when someone wants to address to a...  specific person in the thread, it uses the...quote of that person. If  the quote it's not used, one can understand that 1) he/she is letting know people about his/hers opinion about the matter in discussion or 2) is addressing directly to the one who made the thread.

Ehehee.. :biggrin: Im aware of that.. since we're not stranger anymore, and agreeing with Six..  but mix up in one comment/quote.. but still my bad tho.. :( (Is there any sad emoticon here? )
anyway, I'm happy, despite how old the Game and Community is/are, we're still marches on!  

On 15/2/2023 at 3:59 AM, sixstrings said:

A late comer ,but rather late than never. Just added YAP RW and YAP RW flight school to SF2 Vietnam and am amazed and really love it . Excited ! This is the first mod that i've added so far. Was at first intimidated as i'm so new , but the SF2 series ,and modders make it so easy. I come from a CFS3 and IL-2 1946 background where every mod is a real pain to get right installing. SF2 is the easiest air combat sim to add mods to that i ever came across ! Let the addiction now begin ! Thanks to all the modders for making this sim a real diamond ! So much to do and looking to take as much HD space as i can with this series ! Regards,Scott

I don't know if I missed something, but I found YAP RW full of bugs... Anyway, I've always been a fan of SF2 and its mood, and I agree: the CA community is full of great mods and add-ons.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, citizen67 said:

...I've always been a fan of SF2 and its mood, and I agree: the CA community is full of great mods and add-ons.

I bow with humble deference and accept the praises! LOL

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, UllyB said:

I bow with humble deference and accept the praises! LOL

Not necessary being too humble. ;-)

• Haha 1

What a great site this is ! Such wonderful people here ! Sorry i got stuck in WW I and WW II. Love this jet action and enjoy it better than DCS. Live on a fixed income, so i'll take what comes my way. SF2 was affordable with no hidden fees,(like DCS), to enjoy and tons of freeware done by wonderful people. So much fun for little money. Been trying to get my mind around Falcon BMS but it is such a steep learning curve. SF2 isn't too difficult and has a great bit of action to enjoy. Excited to be here. Thanks guys ! Regards,Scott

• Like 1

I honestly don't think DCS has hidden costs,  they're pretty upfront about how much things are in my opinion.  But I can't have DCS on my laptop due to the file size, I just don't have the room to play it right now, and not motivated to fly either. SF2 is a good game to just fly around and blow things up without having to learn a lot about it. I do like the complexity somewhat, and of course, wish it was in SF2 (that horse has been beaten to death though), but it is what it is and it's a nice distraction from other games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EricJ said:

I do like the complexity somewhat, and of course, wish it was in SF2

I shall add your name to the list - that makes you and Streakeagle. :lol:

• Haha 1

Haha lol okay :lol:

5 hours ago, sixstrings said:

... Sorry i got stuck in WW I and WW II. ...

The other great thing about SF2 is that you can also create mini-WWII theaters for yourself and there's a good selection of WWII aircraft as well. If on the other hand you are still stuck in WWI but are enjoying SF2, might I recommend also checking out FE2, that other flight sim. by ThirdWire. The main FE2 forum is located at this link, by the way.

Happy flying with props, turbines, and other forms of propulsion too,

:smile:

IMO, paying for just a single plane, no matter how great it looks and realistic etc etc full price, like you would buy a triple A game, is a rip off, out of the bat, pure and simple. I will NEVER, EVER pay full game price for just one plane, even if I can afford it to buy them all. Just my opinion. I'm talking about DCS of course.

Edited by UllyB

I agree UllyB , That's what i was getting at. Not hidden but the added cost for extra aircraft. Can be a very expensive sim for just a little more eye candy. The flight modeling for their WW II aircraft is terrible and no excuse for what you pay. CFS3 has much more accurate FM with their 1% aircraft. That's why i've stuck with it for 20 years now, and the graphics are really nice now with all the improvements done over the years. For WW II it and IL-2 1946 are my favorite , along with WOFF/BHaH II -(for WW I). SF2 has that same hold on me now and enjoy it much. Regards,Scott

On 2/15/2023 at 2:59 AM, sixstrings said:

Just added YAP RW and YAP RW flight school to SF2 Vietnam and am amazed and really love it .

What I miss most from the SF1 version of Vietnam is all those little bunches of troops  and the Vietcong cyclists pedalling furiously through forest trails. And then you dive in with a bunch of cluster bombs and annihilate them. I loved that.

Would you be kind enough to tell me if YAP RW has ground troops.

• Like 1

On 17/2/2023 at 6:04 PM, EricJ said:

I honestly don't think DCS has hidden costs,  they're pretty upfront about how much things are in my opinion.  But I can't have DCS on my laptop due to the file size, I just don't have the room to play it right now, and not motivated to fly either. SF2 is a good game to just fly around and blow things up without having to learn a lot about it. I do like the complexity somewhat, and of course, wish it was in SF2 (that horse has been beaten to death though), but it is what it is and it's a nice distraction from other games.

One day I will win the lottery and will purchase the code and instructions from TK, or pay a hacker to add the needed features. ROFL

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Stratos said:

One day I will win the lottery and will purchase the code and instructions from TK, or pay a hacker to add the needed features. ROFL

Lol methinks you'll have better luck with the lottery but you never know... :biggrin:

• Haha 3

On 20/02/2023 at 8:42 AM, alexis99 said:

What I miss most from the SF1 version of Vietnam is all those little bunches of troops  and the Vietcong cyclists pedalling furiously through forest trails. And then you dive in with a bunch of cluster bombs and annihilate them. I loved that.

Would you be kind enough to tell me if YAP RW has ground troops.

Yes they have. Everything present on original is back, with more things added.

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2023 at 2:24 PM, madvad said:

Yes they have. Everything present on original is back, with more things added.

A thousand thanks. I bit the bullet and downloaded the free Yankee Air Pirate mod. Such a plethora of really cool feature to play with. All the appropriate aircraft have animated brake chutes, canopies,  and refuel probes. There is even one where the ammunition loading panel opens up to reveal the gun. Not important to flying a mission, but cool nonetheless.

It has Vietcong troops ready to be cluster-bombed, and paratroopers and other friendly ground troops are available to go into transport aircraft. You can actually load soldiers onto underwing racks in bombers, which looks really stupid, but I had to try.

It's what you call a cornucopia

8 hours ago, alexis99 said:

A thousand thanks. I bit the bullet and downloaded the free Yankee Air Pirate mod. Such a plethora of really cool feature to play with. All the appropriate aircraft have animated brake chutes, canopies,  and refuel probes. There is even one where the ammunition loading panel opens up to reveal the gun. Not important to flying a mission, but cool nonetheless.

It has Vietcong troops ready to be cluster-bombed, and paratroopers and other friendly ground troops are available to go into transport aircraft. You can actually load soldiers onto underwing racks in bombers, which looks really stupid, but I had to try.

It's what you call a cornucopia

I help as a tester and with some suggestions in the new YAP-RW.
The issues with soldier that can be loaded in wings and etc, its because to work properly in the way to tell the storys of the missions, some objects needs to be create in form of weapons and stuffs like that, due to the TW engine limitations.

• Like 1

paratroopers are generally listed as  "bombs"

so why not create a bomb station on the affected aircraft, then make them SpecificStationCode=Paratrooper, and have the same line on the troopers?

then you wont get them popping up where they shouldnt.

mind you, i have not dug deep enough into YAPRW to see the issue or check the solution. this is just off the top of my head reading here

• Like 2

8 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

paratroopers are generally listed as  "bombs"

so why not create a bomb station on the affected aircraft, then make them SpecificStationCode=Paratrooper, and have the same line on the troopers?

then you wont get them popping up where they shouldnt.

mind you, i have not dug deep enough into YAPRW to see the issue or check the solution. this is just off the top of my head reading here

It's not an issue. I just wondered what would happen if I put a paratrooper on a B-26 wing station. I thought it was funny.

Naturally, I won't make a habit of doing this.

However, you are absolutely correct about SpecificStationCodes. 

YAP needs a bit of work here and there. Nothing serious. There's no A-7E, so I'll just put one in. And some of the cockpits of existing aircraft, where I've enhanced the graphics and generally cleaned up, I am putting in the YAP aircraft. There's going to be a lot of fun ahead.