When i watching a video about east german Tarantul class corvettes i learned, that theses ships had a electronic warfare suit and chaff flare dispensers. I know, that other ships in east and west had had similar systems.

Is it possible to add such systems to a SF2 world ship? I have tried it, but i had failed.

Edited by Gepard

If  in-game anti-ship missiles aren't  IR or radar guided then what would the flares/chaff be spoofing?

It wouldn't spoof the missile but it could be added for the visual effect maybe? Chaff clouds were used by Royal Navy ships in the Falklands whenever they suspected an Exocet attack. Maybe a special gun turret with unique chaff effects when it fires?....

• Like 2

Actually if the incoming missiles are SF2NA 'cruise missiles' then a special chaff gun that fired at it and potentially shoot it down would be replicating the visual effect and spoofing effect of shipboard chaff launchers...

• Like 2

Yeah, but how do you implement it in-game, which is the real question?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EricJ said:

Yeah, but how do you implement it in-game, which is the real question?

Yes that is the question! Lots of work lol. Chaff launcher would have to be built into ship lod, activated in the data.ini as a gun or missile launcher. Newly designed firing and gun/ missile effects that look like chaff....