Sign in to follow this  
RogueSnake

Airfields in Korean mod

Hi all, I'm a noobie. I download the Korean War mod, and the Terrian. And started a campaign.

My only complant is the airfields, their are non. Just a blank piece of ground with antenne's on it. Is their some way of adding airfields?? Nothing fancy, becuse I don't think they had alot of paved runways. Just something that looks like an airfield. I mean they way it is now is not right, there should be some markers or something, mybe even fires at each end of the definded runway.

What can I do? Is their some way I can paint an airfield and place it on the map?

Guest Saganuay82

Did you copy over the desert.cat file?

If you didn't or didn't add

CatFile=..\..\Terrain\Desert\Desert.cat to the Korea.ini in your terrain folder then your game doesn't know about all the buildings and such.

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Korea

DataFile=korea_data.INI

TargetFile=korea_targets.INI

TargetTypeFile=korea_types.INI

MovementFile=korea_movement.INI

NationsFile=korea_nations.INI

BriefingText=korea_briefing.INI

DogfightFile=korea_dogfight.INI

DogfightOnly=FALSE

CatFile=..\..\Terrain\Desert\Desert.cat

[Map]

FilenameFormat=PlanningMap%d.bmp

Width=1000000.0

Height=1000000.0

NumZoomLevels=3

thx for stop'n by to help me dude

I copy and pasted what you posted, in the Korea file. But I don't think that it fixed it. This is the only mod I've installed, I installed the game, patches, then this mod. Is their a buildings mod I also need?

airfield.jpg

Guest Saganuay82

If you followed the directions that came with it you shouldn't of had a problem.

That is usually what is wrong when nothing is showing up.

Ok, I think I understand.

I found this topic, and this dude had the same problem. I just don't understand where this Desert CAT file is? I'm an idot.

I can't find this Desert file to rename it and place it in the Korea terrian folder.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=9115

The problem must be that I'm running "Wings over Vietnam" and not SP1.

Edited by RogueSnake

Guest Saganuay82

The desert.cat is in the desert terrain folder in the SFP1 game.

Ok, I think I understand.

I found this topic, and this dude had the same problem. I just don't understand where this Desert CAT file is? I'm an idot.

I can't find this Desert file to rename it and place it in the Korea terrian folder.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=9115

The problem must be that I'm running "Wings over Vietnam" and not SP1.

Then you must use the VietnamSEA.CAT in place of the Desert.CAT

look here.....

Screenshot1.jpg

This help bro??

Ok, were is that file located? I can't seem to find it. Don't you guys just love deal'n with noobies?

32.jpg

First of all, you'll find it a great help of you go to tools/folder options/view, and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types". If you had done this beforehand, then you would have seen that the very first file on your screenshot (the VietnamSea "Security Catalog") is in fact, the elusive VietnamSEA.CAT that we've been talking about, all along. :grin:

Guest Saganuay82

It's in plain view in his first shot. Security Catalog is the .cat Copy that file into your Korea terrain and rename it to Korea.cat

That fixed it WOOT! :rolleyes:

Thx for the help guys.

That Security Catalog was throwing me off, I clicked everything you guys mentioned. Nothing would show me that it was indeed the cat file. In properties it stated it as "Security Catalog"

Well, mybe this topic will help future noobies that have the same issue.

While were still on the same issue, the Korean mod. I have another question. I noticed in my game that the Mig 15's guns and cannon share the same sound. Is this normal? Or is there a way to add the 37mm cannon sound. I have the "mega sound pack" from this site. I've changed a few of the sounds already ( like the 50 cal )

A way to have a MG sound, and the cannon sound?

Edited by RogueSnake

That fixed it WOOT! :rolleyes:

Thx for the help guys.

That Security Catalog was throwing me off, I clicked everything you guys mentioned. Nothing would show me that it was indeed the cat file. In properties it stated it as "Security Catalog"

Well, mybe this topic will help future noobies that have the same issue.

While were still on the same issue, the Korean mod. I have another question. I noticed in my game that the Mig 15's guns and cannon share the same sound. Is this normal? Or is there a way to add the 37mm cannon sound. I have the "mega sound pack" from this site. I've changed a few of the sounds already ( like the 50 cal )

A way to have a MG sound, and the cannon sound?

You mean, something like this ? Gun Check :biggrin:

Instructions for that should be in the Mega Pack's read me file (Mega Readme?)

Well, that is the sound I'm talking about. What I want is a different sound when I fire the 23mm guns, and another sound when I fire the 37mm cannon.

In that mega sound pack readme, it says I need to get the weapons editor along with another app. Its sounds very complicated : O

I'm also thinking about a mod for the 50cal sound. The sound file thats in the mega sound pack is a great sound. But it needs some tweak'n. To me it sounds like mybe a pair of 50's being shot. And that sabre has 6. Mybe speed it up, the sound file. That way more shots can be heard in the same period of time. To me it just does'nt sound right, for the sabre anyway.

Also in that other thread about skinning I started, here is a update showing that I am indeed working on new sabre skins :) Not much of an update really, still experimenting, and learning how textures look in this games engine. It is alittle different than what I'm used to, having done the majority of my skinning in IL2.

Untitled-2.jpg

The only reason I posted that shot is to show that I don't just take, I give back :) Even if I just give crap back lol

Edited by RogueSnake

In that mega sound pack readme, it says I need to get the weapons editor along with another app. Its sounds very complicated : O

It's about as complicated as typing an email, or posting a message on this board :biggrin:

If you've downloaded the weapons pack, then you should have a copy of the Weapon & Gun Editors. First, if you're using Windows 2000 or Windows XP, you need to right click on the Guneditor.exe and Weaponeditor.exe files, select "properties", click on the compatibility tab. select Windows 95 mode, click apply, and then OK. This step must be performed for both editors, BTW.

Next, you need to locate your gundata.ini (you may have to extract it from the Objectdata.cat) using the the Guneditor. There will be one in each installation, and it will reside in your Objects folder. Once you've open the Gundata.ini, scroll down to the entry for the desired weapon, in this case, the N-37D cannon.

gundata16oj.jpg

The highlighted text "gun fire sound name". is what you need to edit. I've already done so here. associating it with the 37mm cannon sound.

gundata8ef.jpg

Next, you need to make sure that the sound is in the Sounds folder, and that it also has the necessary entries in the soundlist.ini file (that needs to be extracted from the Flightdata.cat file and into your flight folder). The readme in the Mega pack will explain how to do that.

I'm also thinking about a mod for the 50cal sound. The sound file thats in the mega sound pack is a great sound. But it needs some tweak'n. To me it sounds like mybe a pair of 50's being shot. And that sabre has 6. Mybe speed it up, the sound file. That way more shots can be heard in the same period of time. To me it just does'nt sound right, for the sabre anyway.

The only issue with that is that EVERY .50 cal in game will use that "faster" sound, even single barreled weapon mounts.

Thxs for the detailed pics! : D I'll try it out.

About the 50 cal. sound. Using the same process you outlined above could'nt I...

Rename the moded 50 cal sound, name it somthing like Sabre50.

and asign the sound to the Sabres guns? Tell just the Sabre to use that sound file? Can you do that? And still have the origional 50 cal sound being used buy all other USAF AC.

Edited by RogueSnake

Thxs for the detailed pics! : D I'll try it out.

About the 50 cal. sound. Using the same process you outlined above could'nt I...

Rename the moded 50 cal sound, name it somthing like Sabre50. and asign the sound to the Sabres guns? Tell just the Sabre to use that sound file? Can you do that? And still have the origional 50 cal sound being used buy all other USAF AC.

OK, now you're thinking like a real SF modder :biggrin:

See that button in the image that says "copy gun"? Copy the ".50 cal M3" (the copy will now appear at the bottom of the list), rename the copy to something like 'Sabre M3". associate your sound file with it, and then open up the F-86_Data.ini and change all six internal gun entries to "Sabre M3". This last step is necessary as the model needs to know which weapon to use.

OK, now you're thinking like a real SF modder :biggrin:

Welcome to the dark side young padawan!

<ducks> looks for USAFMTL own3d.gif in the background!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Ok, I'm gona work on this alittle. And see if I can come up with something. I kinda have to put it on the back burner for a bit. Deep into this F-86 template, and have plans for a Mig-15, and F9F's too.

I'll just reply back in this thread when I have updates. Thx guys. The dark side of the force is powerful, I feel stronger already! : D