Sign in to follow this  
wagsled

Problem w/P-38 in Solomons Campaign

I know I've done something wrong, but I cannot get the P-38H in the Solomons Campaign to start with any gun or cannon ammo. My wingman calls out of ammo before we even takeoff and the Loadout screen shows no ammo loaded. I've checked my other installations of SFP1 where I have the P-39H installed and it starts with 750 rounds...still below the 2150 total I believe it should have, i.e. 500 per .50 cal and 150 for the 20mm...but at least some gun ammo. I've checked the aircraftobject.ini for the P-38H and it shows it should have the load mentioned above. Is it possible that there isn't any gun ammo available?

Thanks for any help. Otherwise the Solomons Campaign is working well and is much appreciated!

Regards,

Wagsled

Go to p-38h file in objects/aircraft. Open p-38h _data.ini with notepad or wordpad.

Page down until you get to internal guns. Guns are 50Cal_M2 not P38_50Cal_M2 and 20MM_M2 not P38_20mm_M2. Take the P38 out and they will work.

You have ammo just no guns.

Go to p-38h file in objects/aircraft. Open p-38h _data.ini with notepad or wordpad.

Page down until you get to internal guns. Guns are 50Cal_M2 not P38_50Cal_M2 and 20MM_M2 not P38_20mm_M2. Take the P38 out and they will work.

You have ammo just no guns.

Thanks very much for this, ezlead. I'll make the change today. Did you happen to see my question to you in The Pub Forum tread regarding Duke Cunningham?

Thanks again for your help,

Wags