Sign in to follow this  
Kadaicha Man

Problem with installation

I recently purchased a copy of Strike Fighters after reading about how good it was.

I then attempted to install the Service Pack 1 patch. However, it came up with an error which stated that:

The file

C:\progra~1\Strate~1\strike~1\system\messagesystem.dll is not a valid previous version and could not be upgraded.

When I press the "OK" button, the service pack installation crashes and disappears.

Does this mean that I don't have to apply Service Pack 1?

The thing is that if I then try and apply Service Pack 2, I get a similar message but naming a different file (the desert terrain one, IIRC).

Can anybody help?

If you look bottom right on the main screen what version does it say?

I've worked out the problem. It is one of the infamous Wal-Mart editions. I am not a happy chappy. To say I am annoyed is a massive understatement. Serves me right. One gets what one pays for and I thought I'd be able to do it cheap through eBay. I'll be leaving an adverse comment for the seller, I can assure you!

Unfortunately, it appears to be nearly impossible to purchase a copy of Strike Fighters downunder. :angry: