Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

Cold War Crisis Mod

I've been keeping an eye on this...

Cold War Crisis mod is a ZH total conversion that has been in development for a couple of years now. It runs on the theme of "The Cold War gone hot" and radically changes Zero Hour from the game we know to a unique combination of RTS and reality (interms of Units and weapon effects, single hit anti-tank kills, etc)

I know it's mid way through the Beta testing now, but I'm keen to see what the end result will be like. Has anyone else come across this? What are your thoughts?

EDIT: View the mod here: www.cold-war-crisis.de

I'm a little confused as Cold War Crisis was the subtitle to the original release of Op Flashpoint. :grin:

I don't know Zero Hour, though.

Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour.

I think I've seen some screens of this mod and it looks pretty good, I'm all for authenticity and realism. Something C&C Generals totally lacked in my opinion.

I've been keeping an eye on this...

Cold War Crisis mod is a ZH total conversion that has been in development for a couple of years now. It runs on the theme of "The Cold War gone hot" and radically changes Zero Hour from the game we know to a unique combination of RTS and reality (interms of Units and weapon effects, single hit anti-tank kills, etc)

I know it's mid way through the Beta testing now, but I'm keen to see what the end result will be like. Has anyone else come across this? What are your thoughts?

I like the Blitzkrieg games more for RTS game wise but thats just my preference.

I like the Blitzkrieg games more for RTS game wise but thats just my preference.

Yeah, but my personal favourite was old Sudden Strike. Sad it never made it to new standards.

Sudden Strike hasn't died.

Sudden Strike 3 is nearing completion.

Sudden Strike hasn't died.

Sudden Strike 3 is nearing completion.

Yeah, I'd heard they were making a new one, but it sorta dropped off the radar for me...

By the way, i suppose it helps if i actually put the link to the Mod site here: :blink:

www.cold-war-crisis.de

I have been watching it too myself SayWhat?! since i play alot of ZH mods myself (so far RE3 is my favorite, even though it has its fair share of problems).

What made me mad was that they decided to toss the EU side of units and only be left to US vs Rus? I can't remember who the opposing side is but they said due to time constraints or something they decided to get rid of the EU side altogether. Of course with how long they have since started on it up to this point, I don't understand why they can't just work on getting them back in since it doesn't look like they will be done within the next month or two, or so on. I was dissapointed to see that but it still looks like CWC will be a good mod. I enjoyed the demo so im hoping for good things.

IF you like 60's RTS games, Cuban Missile Crisis : The AfterMath is a good game.

Really hard to find but it is a good one. Just got it two months ago and I haven't finish the first missions.

You will lose your units fast.

http://www.strategyfirst.com/en/games/CubanMissileCrisis/

Just got it. Will have to give it a go. I like the look and sound of the game.

Yeah, that kinda bugged me too. Because they'd made and remade the US and USSR units several times over which was a shame because each time the displayed units looked pretty sweet! It sucks that Europe got the ass, the EU always seems to get it in games.

Euroforces for Battlefield 2 was a bit of a joke in that it introduced the Eurofighter, the Tiger ARH (C?), some Europeans arms and so on, but more than half the equipment/vehicles you use were still American! I mean when was the you saw a British/French/German/Czech/Polish/Dutch infantry conoy roll into an AO with Blackhawk support British/French (et al) air support?

Nevertheless, this mod is going to be gold (with or without Europe) I mean just have a butcher's at the comparison of the standard Zero Hour A-10s compared to the CWC A-10s! F-111 carpet bombing is pretty sweet and the Cobra gunships are just NASTY!

Well if you like to play Battlefield 2 without worrying about ranks.. Check out Project Reality mini-mod. It adds more realism to the game, and EU has its specific weapons/vehicles/etc. US has its own, and there is the MEC and newly introduced Insurgent side (they even have a civilian that if you kill you lose points and intelligence lol.)..

But yea I hope the CWC mod team can still pull out something reallly good even though they removed that whole side.

A good RTS I'm playing atm is World In Conflict (BETA). You can download it but u have to apply for it. Great game though