Sign in to follow this  
suhsjake

World in Conflict

I tried the beta and thought it was a decent game. I probably won't buy it, but I just wanted to hear what you thought of it.

Can you tell me more I love those kids of games.

Seen some previews and ads in PCLamer. Looks very promising.

Sort of a modern day WWIII RTS, with instead of the cold war ending, it goes hot like WOE. Can anyone play the beta, or is there an official demo out?

Demo is coming out sometime this month. The beta closed in July.

I played the hell out of the beta & I REALLY don't care for MP in most genres (flight sims are another story...). I'm going to get it just for SP. I love the setting & with Larry Bond helping out with the story, it should be cool.

I played the BETA like some of you guys, I really couldnt see any way this would last more than a few weeks on my PC, its a nice concept but seemed some how "shallow?"

Just went out & got it. After playing through the 1st level, my verdict is...wowzers! LOL It seems they optimized a bit; it runs a bit smoother. Single player!!!! Yay! It's much better not having to worry about someone else getting where you need them when you need them (my personal view). So far, I'm just an LT. Which unfortunately means I have to listen to a rather chicken-s**t Captain whine a lot. The Kingdome got flattened about 11 years early. That was nifty :swoon:

post-18931-1190309983_thumb.jpg

I thought about putting this in the Planes-on-Poles gallery...

post-18931-1190313797_thumb.jpg

but it's not the Planes-on-Poles-with-mounted-infantry-getting-plastered-in-the-background-in-a-video-game gallery :biggrin:

There are some interesting physics "features" with it too. Called in a LGB strike & I saw a piece of something - things were happening too fast to know for sure what it was - go arcing off at least 10000 ft high from the explosion. Probably landed in the next county. Then later the burned out carcass of a BMP landed 20m or so behind my defenders & I'm still not sure where it came from, other than "up". All the action was at least 100m away, to the front. This game rocks...it's kinda wierd being on the ground, though. :ohmy:

Oh yeah definitely getting this game after I upgrade to 1GB of RAM on my Computer! I've been following this game for some time! This is definitely worth the wait!

Oh I wish I could get this.

I have it but barely able to run it on even the lowest settings! So I gotta wait till I get my laptop or new mother board plus various other things b4 I can really enjoy it!

I have it but barely able to run it on even the lowest settings! So I gotta wait till I get my laptop or new mother board plus various other things b4 I can really enjoy it!

Yeah my friend got a new PC. It is ment for gaming (but it has Vista :haha: ) and he is having some trouble running it.

Oh man I just read an Article over at IGN and it turns out that they are going to release WIC for the PS3 and XB360 in the fall! Man the Irony of this happening after I have been agonizing about upgrading my comp!! Oh well

I found myself with an odd situation when I bought my copy. It came with a 10 day (30?) demo so as to "pass along to a friend" which I think it said on the cover. So buddy of mine borrowed it but the day after he grabbed it from me, his DVD drive went tits up. So knowing it was gonna be a couple of weeks before he could get his new one in and seeing his girlfriend waiting in the wings all ready to subject him to all six seasons of Sex in the City, he started applying nocd fixes to his installed games so as to not be bored out of his mind. When he applied it to the trial disc that came with mine, he found that it wasn't a trial at all, but the full version!! I think it took about a week for the grin to leave his face. He dodged the Sex in the City bullet and scored a new game in one hit! GO YOU LITTLE AUSSIE!!

Ah, so it was just the .exe that was time limited. I have that myself lying around somewhere, came with a copy of PC Gamer one month. The game itself was just too much of a clickfest for me. I like my combat to ebb and flow, not BE IN YOUR FACE EVERY MINUTE FROM THE WORD GO!