Sign in to follow this  
Commander31

F1 2008 mods

Where can I get good-quality F1 2008 mods? Note that I don't have a particular base sim in mind though.

Edited by Commander31

Hopefully, not mods that use other cars like A1/GP2/GP4. Prefably, I'm looking for a mod that has all the upgrades/changes/modifications/updates as of the final GP (Brazilian Interlagos GP) of this year.

Edited by Commander31

I've read a comment about RFT F1 2008 that says the cars are actually GP4 cars and not F1s. Is this true?

Edited by Commander31

MMG's F1 Mods are all great/ Search Rfactor central to see all the ones that you can download and play.

CDTP also had a good 2005 F1 mod for rFactor, and the grand daddy of them all seems to be the 79 GP cars. They are great, but can be a beech to drive. :wink:

Any idea on when will the CTDP, MMG and FSONE F1 mods for the 2008 seasons be released and why is the RFT F1 2008 mod illegal? Also, which rfactor mods are illegal so I won't d/l them?

You are safe to download any of the mods that rfactorcentral has for download. As they are continuously updated and if they tend to be illegal they will be removed from rfc's website until further notice. Usually the F1 mods are realeased near the end of the year. It gives the modders time to gather stats and to make the cars realistic as they can be. I would expect the mods to be released within the next couple of months, giving they have modders that are working on the mods. It could be longer. So in any case download the last years set and race.

if you have the old f1 challenge as the base...(belive there is also a stand alone version) then search for F1 mania 2008..its a spanish mod but does come with english support...it was made earlier this year and very good,all correct races / drivers / liverys etc,..i been playing it for a while now.....and you can see it in action on the usual you tube thingy

Edited by racindriver1

The thing is, most, if not almost all of the links at rfcentral tend to lead to rapidshare or megaupload, and i can't d/l from these sites even after selecting 'free user'. Same results at VirtualR. Perhaps CombatAce should have a d/l section for racing sims like rfactor then all the rfactor files from RFcentral and VirtualR as well as other sites could be uploaded here for download.

Edited by Commander31

The thing is, most, if not almost all of the links at rfcentral tend to lead to rapidshare or megaupload, and i can't d/l from these sites even after selecting 'free user'. Same results at VirtualR. Perhaps CombatAce should have a d/l section for racing sims like rfactor then all the rfactor files from RFcentral and VirtualR as well as other sites could be uploaded here for download.

Wow, never had any trouble with Rapidshare or Megaupload other than having to wait 90 seconds to start. I do find myself looking more for FileFront links nowdays...no wait and fast downloads. Good luck!

I get the dreaded "no available server. please click here to try again" message at filefront. How did u manage to d/l from rapidshare and megaupload?

If it's rFactor files from rFactorcentral I just hold my mouse over one of the d/l links and it tells me where it's linked to. I usually look for the File Front ones first. If it brings up a Mega or Rapid then I click it and wait. Those sites only allow one or two d/ls a day though.