Preparing the testflight deep in russias motherland in 1958

All seems good, weather is fair and I`m ready for takeoff

Taxing to runway

Taking off

feels like angels were pushing

It`s a nice to fly around. Test flight was succesfull rtb

On final at Runway 024

So hope you like it, it`s my first time I`m working on the ini`s my self, only FM will be done by a friend, JAT, now it`s all like I want it. So, hope you enjoed the pics, I`m off for detail work on the LOD. All is simpel now and without texturing, pre Alpha stage but I wanted to share it, cause I like this bird and have it in mind to build for a long time :drinks:

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird
  • Like 2

Looks cool blackbird. So this was a late '50's bird. Looks like a forerunner of the Mig-21. What kind of missiles are those?

Guest rscsjsuso5

i'm very excited looking forward to it , good job blackbird, missile info http://www.aviastar..../mig_e-152p.php looks like k-9 aam missiles

enjoy

Edited by rscsjsuso5

Yes K9 Missiles and it`s also from MiG, will try to use bumpmapping, mapping in general and a skin with 2048 x 2048 resolution. Some details and it will be a nice bird ;-)

Looks like somebody's been working out...

I LIKE it!!

wrench

kevinstein

Yes K9 Missiles and it`s also from MiG, will try to use bumpmapping, mapping in general and a skin with 2048 x 2048 resolution. Some details and it will be a nice bird ;-)

K9? ... Aren't they Bisnovat R-4T?

Yes it`s the body the missile never entered service, I use those missiles as dummys, they represent "now" the K9 AA-4AWL or K-155

Was thinking about a 2 seater version, tandem and with additional wing pylons, total armament of 4 missiles :drinks:

Looking great! Keep working on it :-D

They come to us pilots and asked what we need?! We answered, we need more speed!!! so they upgraded this

to this.. and we were happy

so we made party till the next morning with our comrades from the ground crew!!

:drinks:

Wow looks fantaxtic 76.

Yes it`s the body the missile never entered service, I use those missiles as dummys, they represent "now" the K9 AA-4AWL or K-155

Was thinking about a 2 seater version, tandem and with additional wing pylons, total armament of 4 missiles :drinks:

lindr made a K-9 for us. :drinks: That invites Ye-152A which was an even kewler looking bird.

76, The R-4R wingtip pylons were a complete failure. Just say NO! Plans were afoot in the MiG bureau to move the R-4s under wing at half span. But the project was cancelled in favour of MiG-25 before the move was made.

Now, it does look sweet to have Titan rockets on the wingtips. So make an *optional* loadout that should be selectable in a mission editor...

[TestFlight]

Loadout[01].WeaponType=

Loadout[01].Quantity=0

Loadout[02].WeaponType=

Loadout[02].Quantity=0

Loadout[03].WeaponType=R-4R

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].WeaponType=R-4R

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[05].WeaponType=Tank1500_E152

Loadout[05].Quantity=1

[AirToAir] for use in the real life fictional production version. Did I just write that? :heat:

[AirToAir]

Loadout[01].WeaponType=R-4R

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].WeaponType=R-4R

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].WeaponType=

Loadout[03].Quantity=0

Loadout[04].WeaponType=

Loadout[04].Quantity=0

Loadout[05].WeaponType=Tank1500_E152

Loadout[05].Quantity=1

I'd say the 4 pylon setup you have in mind would have reduced max speed to less than Mach 2. Unless you give it 4 Atolls.

The extra seat would ensure max speed is never reached because there never was enough fuel capacity even in the single seat aircraft. The plane was XtremE fuel limited.

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Hillbilly.gif

That pic with -152 lineup. 76 with all these positive waves, I mean what can go wrong? My kind of flight sim.

The range is extremly limited I could fly a recon mission over Israel from Jordan and back but could reach an altitude of over 12 km with the current unmoded FM, damn that thing is fast. I landed with dry tanks and no engine, it shut down nearly half a mile infront of the runway! I thought I turned of the sound but ... nope .. no fuel. I have no instrument panel now.

My idea was to use the panel from the MiG-21PVM, delete the canopy frames and fit in with the opencockpit method. I only need a small advice how to delete those frames. I can do it without probs with the plane parts but haven`t realy understand the stuff with the cockpit parts... If someone want to help pls, you are welcome.

best regards

Martin

Very cool stuff. Look forward to it.

Its in French, so I never was able to move frames. Most likely, the frame is attached to the base cockpit lod, requiring dropping the entire pit and raising selected parts back into view. This is hard if you don't know the language.

I'd use the MiG-21PF pit as-is, or a later -21 pit, assuming a real life fictional canopy would have been developed for the thing if it entered limited production.

It might have flown like a brick. I don't think 4 titan missiles would allow a takeoff on a reasonable runway, given that the engine doesn't put out much until high supersonic speed at altitude. I think I used the F-4 tank for my mutant mod of Insky's J-8 II. Its close to 1500L. Runways for this would make an easy target too.

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

Mh taht is bad I can`t realy speack french too, if there is someone out there who can help, it would be nice

here a pic how it could look with a skin :grin: imagine Bumbmap on it

and here a pic of the "opencockpit"

Now I need a nice panel, as said above the MiG-21PVM would look great but if someone has a nother idea .. please :drinks:

critic and suggestions are always welcomed

Man/Manette I thought Su-11 was a big plane. As usual, I was wrong heeh.

Boopidoo's Su-15 cockpit is easy to work with. Has radar and that kind of stuff. The extra engine guages can be Moved, or perhaps flipped over to not leave a blank spot.

See if you like this. Its Boopidoo's panel inside Pasko Su-11 model.

NO cockpit frames. Just panel.

Su-11-1.jpg

It looks great I used it in my Tu-22 mod, I have contacted Paladrian and asked him if he can help out, he agreed. So we will see how it looks in the opencockpit :drinks:

If you need help Moving things around the panel, I can help there.

76, can you sneak a screenshot with -152 sitting next to MiG-21? That will open some eyes. Wink.gif