Ruggbutt

CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle

Did you use a hotmail or yahoo account? I think you have to use something other than those because it's a way for the board owner to keep a lid on spam.

Ghost has made a nice CH for Dummies Guide. It's on the Hangar.

Typically you set up your pedals so that if you want to yaw left, you push left pedal.

I felt that way too. When I got the stick off the desk it turned out it was the right size.

Coming from an X-45 I felt this way too. But since real pilots usually use the coolie hat on the stick to trim their a/c I figure if it's good enuf for them, it's good enuf for me.

You can use either the Fighterstick or the Throttle for mode control if you use that in your map. I use the orange button on the side of the stick for mode control. The one of the throttle I use for eject. But that's what's great about CH, you can use either controller for your mode choices.

Thanks for reply and sharing insight! I gotta map that mouse button to eject as well! :grin:

I hope my rusty brain is able to absorb new contents.

Recently I've been thinking of replacing my Cougar joystick first (leaving the old one off to the side and just leaving the throttle plugged in to use it)... Hmm...

Guest 531_Ghost

Installed them and configured a profile for SF2.

Software!

At first, it was a bit confusing to use the CH programming software but managed to program very simple key mapping and behaviors(I said simple, but it covers all the behaviors that I've programmed on my old Saitek ones.) Also, the software seems quite stable enough unlike Saitek SST which sometimes take hours to load. Also, much flexible in file management. I'm using Dropbox to store my documents but SST wasn't able to read profiles stored in Dropbox directory while CH one does. :good:

But, apparently, a bit detailed tutorial would be great. Google redirected me a tutorial in the CH-hanger site, but it seems a bit focused on how to but why. I guess it's time to open the manual and perform RTFM by myself.

Your questions have been answered...

Edited by 531_Ghost

My Fighter stick and Pro Throttle came in Friday, set them up today. I'll have a bit of a curve for programing, but i'm able to get back into SF after a very long wait. Still gotta get my registration cleared up over at the hanger, but it should be a good place to start.

If you need anything let me know. The programming is much easier than just about any of the other HOTAS software out there, you can do so much and it's so simple once you get comfortable with the interface.

Right now I've only done programming through SF2 (gotta get my fix :) ). I'll be checking out the CH manager in due time.

Seeing as how I'm still unable to register at the CH Hangar, where can I get the idiot's guide in PDF? I used to have it...but I'm an idiotcool.gif

Seeing as how I'm still unable to register at the CH Hangar, where can I get the idiot's guide in PDF? I used to have it...but I'm an idiotcool.gif

Are you using the same name as here for login? I'll PM Revvin.

You can get the PDF here.

I was trying to sign up using a similar name, but I keep getting rejected due to my email (gmail). I tried with my comcast email, but nothing yet.

PS thanks for posting the PDF

Edited by DWCAce

:shok: uuhh well ok than...

spam bot

But I am glad I found this thread. I'm thinking about getting a flight stick

spam bot

But I am glad I found this thread. I'm thinking about getting a flight stick

When it comes to "current" models, there aren't many to pick from. CH's line seems very stable, though. They obviously have their costs under control.

Old post, but a good one.

After some consideration, I bought the CH set over the TM set. I paid about $250 for the FighterStick, ProThrottle and ProPedals...Waited about a week and received the gear. At first look, I was happy with the look and quality of the product. Buttons and switches are industrial and solid...I am told, the system will last for many years and is supported from win98 to Win7 32/64 (and Win8) with plans to be supported for the next generation(s) of OS.

So, I configured, plugged them in - everything worked exactly at expected - no surprises on my win7 64bit OS. But after by first session, I thought I made a giant mistake. The action was nothing like the TM products I was used to. In fact, it was like no other stick I've used. First, the stick had almost no resistance at all, just enough to return it to center. The throttle was a slide (back and forth) rather than an arc, no detent, no real resistance to speak of, just enough so it doesn't flop around by itself. The ProPedal was ugly, but worked decently. My heart hit the floor as I thought "What was everyone talking about? This sucks!" But I stayed with it rather than reject it on "first impressions" and return the product. After my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th...session of use, something started to click - This is NOT a TM stick (DUH). I can't use it like a TM stick with all the springs pushing back at me. If I tell it to do  without expecting it to resist me, it will do "EXACTLY" (and I mean EXACTLY) what I tell it to do. It dawned on me that I was comparing apples and oranges. I started to see what everyone else was talking about. It's smooth, exact, and with little to no effort to use - I didn't get as tired as I used to. 

I felt like a butcher with a cleaver learning to do surgery with a scalpel. As I got used to the new paradigm, I found I was flying with more precision and exactness, and doing so effortlessly...I am very pleased with the CH product and any misgivings I may have had in my initial encounter has turned into a pleasant surprise and enjoyment.

If you are thinking of moving to CH products, think of the experience like going from a mechanical FCS to fly by wire (it isn't, but the logic of it). It will be different, but in my opinion - worth it.

=Viper=