Sign in to follow this  
Siddley

Realistic RWR sound ?

I know it's a bit cheeky, but could anyone make some realistic RWR tones for the 60's aircraft ?

I'd have a go myself but I'm clueless with that kind of thing.

Craig Bakers Thud site has some 105 cockpit audio from a Weasel mission - if you follow the link and then click on file #22 then you'll hear what I mean.

In real life, RWRs on NATO aircraft identified emitters (and their various modes) by individual sounds. We don't have that option in any flavor of Strike Fighters. Just one track and one lock sound, per aircraft.

That's one hell of a signature :grin: My favourite mission too....

I didn't know that the RWR's identified emitters with different tones according to frequency ( I'd assumed that was done with lights for some reason ) , but then I can't find much detailed information. It's a subject I'm VERY interested in, if you have links to anything on the web I'd love to know more.

I collect flight manuals ( in pdf form, I can't afford the real thing ) and it seems like the standard practice after the late 50's was to have a manual for the aircraft and a seperate classified supplement to the manual describing the offensive and defensive systems. I haven't been able to find a single one of those, even though the aircraft I'm interested in have been obsolete for at least 30 years.....

Anyway, I don't think a 'generic' rattlesnake sound would hurt though. Like I say, I'd have a go at it myself, but audio isn't my thing.

Edited by Siddley

Anyway, I don't think a 'generic' rattlesnake sound would hurt though. Like I say, I'd have a go at it myself, but audio isn't my thing.

Have had it out for a couple of years or so....just place it in your sounds file, and perform the necessary edits to the desired aircraft's avionics.ini file, like so:

Under the RWR section, edit the folowing

[RWR]

LockSound=FanSongLock.wav

FansongLock.wav