Sign in to follow this  
SlickWili

forum upgrade = no news posts

MJ,

NewsMonkey here...I tried logging into the news posting area this morning to begin my barrage of updates, only to find that I cannot log in! It just keeps spitting me back to the login page. No error message. I've tried several browsers and received the same result.

MJ,

NewsMonkey here...I tried logging into the news posting area this morning to begin my barrage of updates, only to find that I cannot log in!  It just keeps spitting me back to the login page.  No error message.  I've tried several browsers and received the same result.

Weird, I'm getting the same thing. I'll look at it as soon as I get to work.

The forum and main site are in different directories on my web host, not sure what would cause this, although they were having major DNS server issues last night while I was upgrading.

Tried logging in again without success.

When I enter my user/pass, the link bar refreshes from index.php to index2.php, and then back to index.php where the login prompt shows up again.

It's fixed! Damn, that one took hours to troubleshoot. It was a change my web host made in the way PHP sessions are saved. I finally found a post in Powweb's support forums on the change.

I just logged in and it's looking good at this point. Try it and see if you get on ok.

Works good now. Thanks for fixing it! Sorry it took so long to troubleshoot.

My "window" of free time for posting the day's news has come and gone, so I'll try to post some tonight, otherwise it's mega-mondo news page tomorrow morning! :D