Sweet!

I tried it and it causes my game to not work. i did like readme said. i set it up for CAS, used Texas.SW terrain and it crashed to desktop. I believe I have the 27mm from the Tornado installs. Anyone else having probs?

Thanks a lot! tried it and was awesome

Well, I give up. i tried default scenery and selected plane and once you hit accept, the game no longer works. Any ideas here. it is a merged sf2 install. The alouette III works so its something with this plane

Here is the fix for the HUD.

Thank you JAT81500 ok.gif

@Dsawan,

please check that everything goes to the right directory, that there ain't a "ghost" subfolder with the same name than the archive, and so forth.

What you have to do to install it is simply to copy the folder named "Objects" and paste it in your modfolder and voila. I've got a merged install too and not a single sign of CTD nor any anoying issue.

Edited by FrankD

Hi, I installed by opening objects and saw the 4 subfolders, then I did each one manually, first aircraft, then weps, pilots, decals. What do you mean by ghost folder. I just checked my objects folder in the install and onkly see 2 folders the alphajet and the ecm. If there is a ghost where would it be? I am not familiar with that. I do know the alouette and the su-47 berkut work after I added them in following the alphajet. Do you mean another plane folder is named alphajet which causes a ghost.

Put your two folders, "Alphajet and the ecm" along the Alopuette and the Berkut, as they both should be since, in your Objecrs folder, you may have an "Aicraft" folder too. Plus Decals, Pilots and Weapons by the way, but let's start with the Aircraft.

Good luck Dsawan

I did as you said and both alphajets and the other 2 aren't sahowing up in the plane selection menu. If i put them in aircraft folder, they show up. But when you hit accept it crashes. berkut and alouette and all the other work. I have always put planes in the aircraft folder. This shd have nothing to do with it.

the bell f-109 released for sf1 is also doing the same thing.

Along the two folders that you put in AIcrafts, did you also put the "AlphaJet_Destroyed.LOD" file?

Edited by FrankD

Well, if it still doesn't work, I would recommand you to delete every Alpha Jet related file you installed, redownload the mod and then to install it with cuting and pasting the mod's Objects folder over your mod folder's Objects subfolder.

PS: if that sill doesn't work. We can continue by PM, if you would like to, to not flood this thread. And maybe that you could provide some screenshots of your folders?

Edited by FrankD

Here is the fix for the HUD.

Thanks a lot for the fix! For some reason an old file sneaked into here. Seems i must clean up my messy installs and work folders... :rofl:

You´ll have better performance with high-rez skins.

Bitmaps need much more space on hdd as *.dds files! ;-)

REALLY?yikes.gif Okay, I'll buy some SF2 Series soon.... bye.gif

Nicely done good.gif. Thank youclapping.gif

Well, it works in my Falklands sf2 install so there is a conflict with another plane in my main modded install. Anyone know what alphajet related plane itr could be . i dont see any in recent downloads regarding alphajet or a beta of it.

Well done JAT81500! Thanks a lot.

Two things for better HUD performance:

- In AlphaJet_COCKPIT.ini change to this :

GunsightMilSize=50 <--- bigger AGsight

GunsightName=AJA_sight.tga <--- better looks in AA mode (included in cockpit folder)

- And in AlphaJet_AVIONICS.ini add into [HUDModeAG]

Symbol[12]=HUD_Guncross <--- Gunsight cross in AG mode

• Like 1

Would you please have a template with the ECM box on it? It ain't on any layer of the template that you generously included in this release.

Of course, one that would have some use of a template should be able to copy the needed area from the skins but I'm sure that it will more neat with the complete template.

If it would also have the weathering on it, that would be totally awesome. grin.gif

Edited by FrankD

here's an alternative loading background:

loadingalphaa.png

http://www.mediafire.com/file/i986m8xo8qjbbn1/LoadingAlphaA.7z

(as usual, backup your files first)

Royal Thai Air Force (RTAF) Dornier Alpha Jet A trainers from the 231st Squadron from that page. The image is in the public domain.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:RTAF_Alpha_Jets_2003.jpeg

And, in the waiting of an official one, here is the template with an ECM box layer. Unfortunately, I'm not proficient enough with 'toshop to have layered the weathering marks too.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/r80i064po27dto0/AlphaJet-A1.7z

I'm falling in love with that aircraft! grin.gif

EAF? Egypt?
Wait for the AlphaJet E, it fits better....
Alpha Jet A (the Model wich is released) flew / fly in:
Germany, Portugal, Thailand, Nigeria & UK.

Edited by Soulfreak

Amokfloo,

would it be possible to get the 3D model's tire radius and the distance the shock stroke moves in 3d animation, please?

One could eventually figure by performing dozen of tests (and I already did) but a generous word from the 3D modeler would be very helpful. :ty:

Thanks in advance

Edited by FrankD

Nice work...but for some reason the MBK-27 gunpod is not firing....any ideas? I have SF2 Europe with May 2011 update. :)

Hello Florian,

Just downloaded with a very good surprise...

Beautiful v2.0 Update of your AlphaJet A! :good:

Do you plan the "E" ("Ecole") version?

Best regards,

Coupi.

Edited by Coupi

Hello Florian,

Just download with a very good surprise...

Beautiful v2.0 Update of you AlphaJet A! :good:

Do you plan the "E" ("Ecole") version?

Best regards,

Coupi.

Sorry, not from me, i'm full with german projects.

But any 3D guy who would like to build the E could get the source file from me.  :grin:

• Like 3