SupGen

Another question about old terrains...

edit the loadout ini, and add the drop tanks for ALL A-A missions. All my WW2 aircraft have been set that way since day 1 (and all my uploads too)

It's a VERY rare thing to NOT see DTs for CAP (some early lightnings in PTO maybe, but as soon as they became availaibe in quantity, they were strapped on)

all the tanks you need are already in the weapons pack

Ok so I did it.....This time I have ground targets but the terrain tiles are all jumbled,Have water on the base runway everywhere but where it's supposed to be.I dont have germanyCE for SF1,Well i do I just cant crack it my Cat converter says it cant,Do we have a germanyCE in sf1 downloads I could use in its place?Tried changing the cat pointer that just made it worse,But Hey this time no wall! Anybody got a cat converter that still works on SF1 cats?I'm going in for another try,feel's like I'm on acid everything is every where all over the place.Wish I'd picked the blue pill.

gerwin's cat extractor works just fine, check the 1stGen DLs (it will, however, extract ALL files; you can't pick and choose)

you know the NorthAfrica map is SUPPOSED to reference the DEsert.cat for it's terrain objects. If your tiling is f***ed up, you're terrain is incomplete; cause I uploaded it with ALL the needed tiles.

I'd suggest deleting that terrain, and starting fresh. Cause something ain't right

Hey usafphantom, you losin' it or somethin' there, buddy? :big_boss: This terrain's basically a drop in, definitely no worse than some of the others we've compared notes on. You don't need a SF1 GermanyCE folder, it'll reference whatever it needs from the SF2 Cat. You didn't drop this into WOA without renaming it, did you? Ya musta screwed somethin' up cuz this went right in for me. That bein' said, while I like Wrenchs' more detailed airfields and stuff, (I'm gonna be in the doghouse now) I kinda like the original desert tiles better; kinda more Blindingly Western Desert like, if you know what I mean. Try it again with a fresh download and try it out before you touch anything; if it works you can update it then. Good luck!

Edit: Wrench, the original references the GermanyCE Cat, and actually, so does the V2 terrain.

Edited by SupGen

Look I did'nt know what I needed cause the first two were'nt right no matter what I tried.But 3rd time's a charm it's all good and I'm in rehab now.Musta got some busted downloads. And Wrench that's what I thought but it does ref GermanyCE,The Desert one really wreecked havoc with the first two install's :blink: But it's working I'm happy and the damn nurse is bringing more pills....not this time baby! PS. Thanks for the tip about the extractor I'm a going huntin.

Edited by usafphantom2

Love the new ini's much more immersive the way it was intended to be!Great work man! you've helped us all. :biggrin:

It will work for Baltika's BOB screens I think as well.

It will work for Baltika's BOB screens I think as well.

NO! Do not drop the whole thing in there unless you have the SF1 Screens to match. Use the attached .inis and the SystemMenu.ini, InfoTextetting.ini, and MenuSetting.ini from my WOA/WOR pack and I think that'll do it.

BoB inis.7z

Wrench this might be a dumb question But I'll ask anyway are there any differences front lines, target placement ect..From the Dat North Africa map that might affect campaign play from your own?

aaaahhh........yeah...

here's a great idea:

don't mix and match their stuff with mine, expecially terrains.

Just came across the Kb on expanding the borders in terrains,And I guess the question I want to ask is if you did it, adjust the numbers just a little would it prevent you from running into that wall?I know you said it changes things globally but is itpossible to put targets back in reach?

it don't work anymore ... sometime around the May/June/July 2012 patch, TK took that ability away from us.

and screwed over several hundred hours of my terrain work ... as it's needed on about 5 or 6 terrains. I asked about 'getting it back' last year, but as I'm one of "the Big Name Game Modders", it was never answered.

maybe you ask the question over there?? He seems to answer the "General Users"

please! go for it! :biggrin: