Guys,

Do you have this problem when you fly the F.24 for take off?

The tail wheel doesn't appear and the tail jumps...

Best regards,

Coupi.

we can do that in the Spit's data ini, if we knew the proper mesh names off the Fuselage_P mesh

--oth, might have to use Stary's pit, it looks so nice!

odd mine is showing, on the F.24

try this in the tailwheel:

SpringFactor=1.0

DampingFactor=3.0

what I've been doing to the stock mk9 too, after extracting NEW data inis!!!

Russ: yes, J-6C is the new PLAAF Farmer's data ini

DA: chck the user lists for the later spits.

I know that Wrench. I was talking RL. Wont be picking up either AI dlc til end of the month. Cant even afford a sad panda smiley right now..........

Thst said i am majorly debating which to get. The Zipper sets in with a long term goal to revamp all ANG users. The Spitfire was given to just about every air force that fought with the RAF while their home country was occupied. As for the rest, well as Dave said the rest are mostly targets.

My first Spitfire mission was against S-99s. A sad tale that this time, the third world war started pretty much like the Second...

What? Poor Poland...

Which patch is required for these recent DLC (May13 or earlier) because I did not see it stated over at TW ???

OK guys, for those who didn't see my post in the WW2 thread, You need May2013 to get DLC028 and DLC029, but you don't need it to have them. I patched up to May13 when it came out (against my better judgement) and got the first AI DLC when that was available; happy, right? Yeah, until I saw what the patch did to many 3rd party aircraft and terrains (especially the WW2 ones). I did what was to be a temporary install of Jul12 to see if I could spot the differences that were messing everything up. After I ran the .exe, I looked at the Version .ini and it said:

[Version]

BuildDate=Jul 2012

StrikeFighters2=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Vietnam=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Europe=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Israel=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Exp1=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Exp2=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Exp3=FALSE

[OnlineNews]

LastUpdateVersion=May 2013

LastDLCCount=28

[DLC]

DLCData028=TRUE

Interesting, no? So I pasted over the DLC028 into the DLC folder in the new Jul12 install and pasted over the individual aircraft folders as well. Added cockpits, and voila! DLC028 in Jul2012! Whoo Hoo! After that I just rolled everything back to Jul2012. Then today, new DLC! At this point I wasn't really sure if you needed May2013 at all, so I bought DLC029 and ran the Installer;...Bummer! You need May2013! Bummer?...not really. This is what you do. First, go to the ThirdWire download page and download the StrikeFighters2 installer; you'll only need the one. Now, in whatever location your main StrikeFighters2 install resides, (ProgramFilesX86, whatever) next to the ThirdWire folder that's already there, create a new folder and call it ThirdWire2 (or whatever you want, crappy patch, whatever). Run the SF2 installer you just downloaded, and when you get to the window telling you where it's going to install click "Browse" and point it to the ThirdWire2, crappy patch, whatever folder you just created. Let it install. Now, and this is real important, copy and rename the .exe before you run it. Call it May13, crappy patch, you get the idea. Run the .exe and then install the DLC. Run it again and then, copy and paste the relevant DLC file from the DLC folder in the "crappy patch" install to the DLC folder in your "happy patch" (Jul2012) install. Now take whatever precautions you normally take when patching and run each of your .exes. Your Version .inis should look like the one below. You'll have to copy over the aircraft files to your mod folders, but, I don't know, small price to pay? Which brings up something else; there's nothing shady or illegal about this; I (and you) paid for all of it or ThirdWire wouldn't let you d/load it. I just don't want to have the privilage of having all my WW2 installs porked; now you don't have to either.

post-60912-0-56828500-1370996616_thumb.jpg

Edited by SupGen

I still think TK having a clear out before he dumps SF pc series...selling what they can before closing shop.

Don't say that, you're scaring me!!

Don't say that, you're scaring me!!

I had the same thoughts as Russo, and it scares me too

If Russo is right we face 4 hypotheses :

1 - TW is deep in debt and the assets end up belonging to the banks which can lead to 2/ or 3/, but not 4/

2 - TW assets are sold to a game publisher/dev, who may or may not continue the SF series or just scrounge it for some code and the models.

3 - TW assets are left untouched, orphaned, in a legal limbo as to whom they belong to.

4 - TW releases all its assets as open source, letting the community take on the both the code and plane development.

2/ could be either way, it could help the SF series, even though without TK it would be strange, or it could just be the final blow while preventing us to ever patch the game ourselves.

3/ would left us in a grey legal area allowing us both to patch the game and eventually convert the LODs back to sources, but it still would be not be entirely legal while requiring a lot of effort.

4/ would be ideal, but highly improbable.

Also, if TW is clearing house, it would make 1/ and 2/ less likely, as these models are worth more money as potential assets than as released DLC, it might however be a form of "farewell gift".

IDK, I wouldn't give up on TK's plans this quick

An alternative hypotheses is that this is his plan to raise the money necessary to finish Exp 3...

• Like 1

I have no idea, these packs (I'll install them today, finally!) together with the May patch are better than the complete silence we had for good few months earlier (2 DLCs aside)

I'd rather have a new bundle of relevant threats and targets than a flyable repaint, exclusive to service in Outer Mongolian reserve squadrons on alternate Tuesdays (9:00 to 15:00 GMT), with single-digit production numbers.

• Like 3

I'd rather have a new bundle of relevant threats and targets than a flyable repaint, exclusive to service in Outer Mongolian reserve squadrons on alternate Tuesdays (9:00 to 15:00 GMT), with single-digit production numbers.

Absolutely!!! Makes for a more diversified experience.

Thing is, it seems that he is using assets from the mobile games. As these mobile games only support Air to Air for now, we will only get fighters, fighter bombers seem more unlikely.

So maybe Flagons, Foxbats, Fulcrum's and Flankers are much more of a possibility than Su-17 Fitters or Frogfoots.

Still it is nice to see the Soviet planeset increase.

Edited by Carlos_Tex

So maybe Flagons, Foxbats, Fulcrum's and Flankers

and F-18, F-22, F-35, X-Wings, Y-Wings, Tie Advanced...

Carlos, hold yer horses mate, it's easy to go all-hyped with wishlists, the important (for me and few others at least) is we have new planes (Avias, Cy-9, Griffon Spitfires!) for such a low price (my opinion of course) and as been said, given TK reuses assets from mobile phones we'll see more,

the general scheme based on two releases is: One new model and minor variants of existing planes, given the amount of unseen planes mobile titles have we can wait for another two or three packs I think.

Or, indeed TK's leaving the PC crowd) and sells what's lying around (and so would do you)

Are we getting Tie fighters??? when? do we have a suitable terrain for them? are we going outer space???   :crazy:  :hyper:  :lol:  :lmao:  :yikes:

are we going outer space???

have you ever considered adjusting the gravity axe and force in flight engine? :wink:

given the amount of unseen planes mobile titles have we can wait for another two or three packs I think.

Any idea of what those packs can be?

Foxbat, F-5 from top of my head

edit: USAF Falcon maybe... but that should've been first DLC years ago, we all agree

Edited by Stary

if Tk his going away from PC business why make that last patch that makes possible to install EXP on any SF game and only a given title?

Carlos, hold yer horses mate, it's easy to go all-hyped with wishlists, the important (for me and few others at least) is we have new planes (Avias, Cy-9, Griffon Spitfires!) for such a low price (my opinion of course) and as been said, given TK reuses assets from mobile phones we'll see more,

the general scheme based on two releases is: One new model and minor variants of existing planes, given the amount of unseen planes mobile titles have we can wait for another two or three packs I think.

Or, indeed TK's leaving the PC crowd) and sells what's lying around (and so would do you)

Naahhh mate, my personal wish is only for a F-14A_82 with a working TCS by Third Wire. And that could be used for TISEO F-4's as well.

I was talking about a more diversified experience while we play the game. Plus, when you mention the new planes we get, think about the Su-9. Does it fit in any of the PC scenarios we currently can play? It was only tasked with Anti Air defense in Soviet Union nothing more. Unless Third Wire releases SF2: Mother Russia, you wouldn't see it in the PC version.

My point is that since SF: Mobile is pretty much Air to Air, we can potentially see new aircraft that is added to these mobile versions be reused in PC version as AI only. Also, part of my point, is that it is unlikely that we see aircraft that had primarily a Air to Ground role being added even as AI Only to the PC series unless it comes from a dedicated PC game or Expansion Pack. That's why i mentioned it was more likely to see Flagons (same role as the Fishpot), Foxbats (it's already in the mobile version), Fulcrums (same as Foxbats) and Flankers (though kinda in the limit of the series timeline) than Su-17 Fitters or Frogfoots.

No doubt it's cool we are getting new models. I actually thought there was gonna be a MiG-19PM, since the Alkali missile was introduced. I didn't read the Pack description properly only later to find it was an Egyptian modified Farmer.

So the mobile series is afterall bringing some benefit to the PC version. I'm like Grim Viper, enjoying more these AI plane packs than the repainted flyable ones. I guess it's because i feel they actually bring something new to the game. And i'll repeat what i've been saying in the TW boards for a long time. I would easily give 50$ for a new flyable than a bunch of repainted ones for an average of 3$. 25 flyable DLC's times 3$ is something like 75$ total. Except the problem is that no one wants to spend 50$ at once, but won't mind spending more than that in 6 months. And more and more eventually. But all in all, TK is executing well in DLC department.

Can't wait till next monday!!!

EDIT: BTW Tie fighters are waaayyy overrated. Ever wondered why they are called TIE fighters?:

Edited by Carlos_Tex

if Tk his going away from PC business why make that last patch that makes possible to install EXP on any SF game and only a given title?

That makes sense even if he kills it. He does not wish to restrict more then he has to. One could wish that if he was going away from PC Dev that he could unlock NA Scrips for all games as well...

Foxbat, F-5 from top of my head

edit: USAF Falcon maybe... but that should've been first DLC years ago, we all agree

Will love both, but mre specially F5's!!

Ever wondered why they are called TIE fighters?:

Everyone know that!! "Propelled by Twin Ion Engines (hence the TIE acronym" ;)

Edited by Stratos

raise the rolling radius

I used 0.45, but that's a biiiiiiiiitttt too much. try 0.40. adjust as necessary

watch out on rotation, though, it tends to drag the tail and/or drop tanks, catch fire and explode

Guys,

Do you have this problem when you fly the F.24 for take off?

The tail wheel doesn't appear and the tail jumps...

Best regards,

Coupi.

attachicon.gifimg00002_modifié-14.jpg

Hello,

Despite my brandnew overall install (SF2s + EPs + DLCs and without mods) I've always this problem with only the new Spitfires when become flyable (AI Spitfire are ok!).

The Wrench solution doesn't solve it.

Grrrrrrrrr

Best regards,

Coupi.