Sign in to follow this  
Foxbat1966

STEAM S^!# Are there any GOOD new NON-STEAM racing sims

I recently upgraded my computer so I could move to some new games . Only to find that GAMERS have LOST THER $%#^^&%^$ MINDS !! After 1 expereance with STEAM, I no longer think the PC game world is worth a DAM !! But as a last atempt I will ask all of you ,   ARE there any NEW NON STEAM  F1 stile games/sims out there ?  F1 2010 was great  F1 2012 #%^&^%  SU*&^  !! I don't game online and think anyone who would give there computer to STEAM is ........... Well  ......... I'll be nice and not say! Thanks for any info !!

mmm - have avoided the Steam experience myself also - reminds me of Compuserve in the 90s - suppose its convenient for some.

Surprised the games on steam are not available separately (DCS is) - I would check the developers website if there is anything there.

Racing crikey - last had Grand Prix 97......back in 1997 on Playstation - so cant help you

I agree' I don't do Steam. If you search you can find patch's to bypass steam for some games. I had one for Oblivion.

Edited by RAVEN

Never had a single problem with anything I've bought on Steam. Not a single patch, not a single download, not a buy, nothing. But then again, I've heard quite a few stories of folks who have had serious issues, so I'm guessing experiences may vary. Personally, console gaming, I think, is probably the worst form of gaming I've experienced, except for free-to-play MMOs maybe. I've never played against someone on a console who wasn't a complete douchebag or some loudmouthed prick barely on the cusp of puberty, the UI and web services are so clumsy compared to something like Steam, Origin or Battlenet (and I hate Battlenet!), it's so dumbed down, clunky and flashy... I feel like I've walked into a digital kindergarden every time I use Xbox Live or something similar. Personally, the real clincher for PC gaming - the mods. I mod the Christ out of just about everything I play and community support for PC games is fantastic! I mean, the EECvH2 community practically made the game playable after it was released in a pretty awful state and the 125+ mods I use on Skyrim have only made for a much richer experience! PC gaming is definitely the way to go. I rebuilt my rig in march with some cheap, incrementally upgraded parts that cost me less than $400 in total and after playing PS4, I couldn't understand why I'd want fork out something like $600 for what was essentially a downgrade. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

I believe rFactor 2 doesn't use Steam, nor does iRacing.

Does Game Stock Car? I don't have that one either, but I don't think it's on Steam.