Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

Noisy Fans

I was reminiscing about that "bad old days" of PC cooling and overclocking with a friend, who reminded me that I had once used a heat-sink topped off with an 80 mm 7200 RPM Delta "screamer" fan,to cool an OC'd Athlon XP CPU. I used to argue the point that the noise it made was worth the added cooling protection!  I am surprised that I did not lose my hearing.  

To give those of you who are unfamiliar with those old Deltas sounded like, here's a video:

If anything, It reminds me of the sound effects from "Earth versus the flying saucers:  :biggrin:

Haha we used to call the Delta's - Chop-finger....

When I saw the subject I thought it was about booing Brazil fans last night.

I'll go now.

Haha we used to call the Delta's - Chop-finger....

LOL...well, I can do one better.  Check out this page, specifically the price and warning provided: http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/de80tfexhisp.html

"Important note: Please use caution when handling this part, always take care to mount any Delta parts before use as it can cause bodily harm at 8000 RPM." 

A mini Jet engine - cool!

The crappy little fan on my gfx card isnt that much better under max load tbh