Sign in to follow this  

I tried to make carrier missions in the editor, taking off from a static carrier, but every time that mission starts, my plane crash on deck ( also the wingmens ) Is quite frustating, can someone help??

Thank's in advance

Better Mission Editor guide link here ~~> http://web.tampabay.rr.com/sflores1/SFP1QMD_Help.htm

Guide::

Start a flight with a takeoff from the ground by left-clicking the Take off check box of the Object properties group box:

:

:

Note: The Start point and TAKEOFF Waypoint should have 0.0 for both speed and altitude with the X and Y of the appropriate airfield. Alternatively, aircraft starting aboard aircraft carriers should match the Start Point of the aircraft carrier. The first Waypoint should be the TAKEOFF Waypoint.

Great so far, but I too have a problem--even for land takeoffs. Using the basic Desert map, we see that we move the start point to an airfield and then clicking on the Take Off check box in the Properties Box brings up popup box asking for confirmation of this airfield as the takeoff airfield. Fine so far.

Then under Waypoint Properties, I make sure the start point and first waypoint have the 0.0 values needed. Then I click Validate, then Apply and Save All in the basic Properties Box, then Save All in the base Mission Editor (assuming old mission I am editing). The effect I am now experiencing is the mission starts the aircraft about 100 feet above the runway, and it falls and explodes.

I just got my WoV (and SF) installed the other day, and am hoping to Master the Mission Editor before proceeding (although I have installed some new terrains). I have noticed some difference in the mission files between what I generate in my Mission Editor and the game included missions in WoV...I don't think SF came with any missions to be loaded, so I checked in the WoV folder for pre~made missions. In the WoV mission files are Taxi and Departure waypoints, as well as Approach and Line~up (for landing) waypoints. Any info on these?

Thanx~

Edit:: More information... The SF I got came in a small CD jewel box (ten dollars), and the first Patch refused to install, but the second Patch installed fine. Just wondering if my "aftermarket" SF -- its from Strategy First -- came with first Patch standard, if not perhaps this could be a problem for me. Second Patch works fine, or appears to.

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

I Got It! :victory: V!

I tried my other editor copy in my WoV folder, and under WoV, I easily setup A4 takeoff both Player and AI (only one flight though). Perfect.

Thanx~ !!!

Still, I can't seem to get the editor to work under the SF...could be my Patch issue. Perhaps I may stick with teh WoV. Both are Awsum.

Guest Seal
I Got It!  :victory: V!

I tried my other editor copy in my WoV folder, and under WoV, I easily setup A4 takeoff both Player and AI (only one flight though). Perfect.

Thanx~ !!!

Still, I can't seem to get the editor to work under the SF...could be my Patch issue. Perhaps I may stick with teh WoV. Both are Awsum.

I don't have SF, but it all works with WoV. :biggrin:

Yes, could have been wrong Patch.

Just re~installed and applied SP3 as my version out of box is 12-25-03. Thirdwire said use the 3rd Patch (7.71MB Patch....v11-05-04). Still, there is at least one airfield--Jordanian I think--on the Israeli terrain not working for takeoff. Need more experiment as I am probably doing something wrong. Can SF terrain mods be used in WoV, or are they SF only?

Edit:: More information... The SF I got came in a small CD jewel box (ten dollars), and the first Patch refused to install, but the second Patch installed fine. Just wondering if my "aftermarket" SF -- its from Strategy First -- came with first Patch standard, if not perhaps this could be a problem for me. Second Patch works fine, or appears to.

Afaik Strategy First never published a patched version of SF P1 (Valusoft did though & in Europe Just Flight did & then we have SF Gold as well) but I could be wrong.

SF terrains can be used in WoV but WoV doesn't have a Desert.cat so a certain amount of playing with files is needed.

ya....my CD says ValueSoft, Strategy First, and Third Wire. I am impressed with Srategy First's O-R-B somewhat older (last year or three) space strat game--simple but tonnes of fun.

~> http://www.o-r-b.com/

Major Lee's Korea map seems to be working under WoV at least for simple test fly missions, and the instructions say make "korea" copy of "desert." And, I needed the Objects download or I flip over at takeoff start. :) This stuff is amazing--both Summer and Winter. Korea map will keep me busy for a long, long time.

For the original poster, I have not tried carrier ops yet, and I Apologize for jumping in, but I thought the two issues may be related.

Stratos::

I tried to make carrier missions in the editor, taking off from a static carrier, but every time that mission starts, my plane crash on deck ( also the wingmens )

I believe the same thing was happening here, starting in air then falling to the runway and BOOM. The trick is watching the Editor behavior, waypoint (1) snapping to the takeoff start point when you click Apply, making sure the speed and altitude fields in the starting waypoint boxes at the top of the Waypoints Parameters box are Zero, clicking the Validate button when you are done working with the waypoints (that's a guess here but I think the tutorial mentioned this). Friendly or Enemy may have problems working on other side's airfields...not sure of this but I may be noticing a pattern and this could cause the flop. Lots to experiment with. Also something I was seeing was a bizzare effect where I got started on the takeoff zooming upwards at over 2000kts speed and landing gear down, eventually getting up near 40,000+ feet. I have not seen that again since I did some more experimenting with proper waypont procedure.

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

...Friendly or Enemy may have problems working on other side's airfields...not sure of this but I may be noticing a pattern and this could cause the flop.

YES, you get the point about this issue... Of course FREINDLY plane cannot takeoff from ENEMY AB