Sign in to follow this  
Gulfwarfighter

what do people like to see in the next gen Flightsims

Hello,

i like to discuss what people like to see in the next gen flight sims..

mainly in fighter sims

what i ever i play/fly after a while i allways get a feelin there is something missing

some sim's i can't explain what its missing some i do can explain.

i miss things like :

real flight school kind of thing

<fsx got it but its a download content, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ0iSNO-8Sk#t=294>

and something like in campaign modus or before a campaign a training and jugdement

what kind of pilot you are.

like in  i believe it was conflict desert storm that <multiplayer modus> that your first go to basic training and fire training

and how good you shoot determines what kind of weapon you going to play during the missions.

like with soccer everybody wants to be a goal scoring attacker but not everybody is a goal scoring attacker..

so with pilots not everybody is a fighter pilot..

so my question to you guys is what do you like to see in flight sim games?

Edited by Gulfwarfighter

I'd like some things you mentioned as well. Some out of cockpit experiences such as basic training and flight school (RPG elements for character creation) a story in the skies and on the ground. What happens on the ground affects what happens in the skies and visa versa. For example ... on the ground your wingman is going through some stuff. You can either help him out or ignore him. Ignoring him then well your wingman will have a personal matter ... say divorce on their mind instead of the mission. Or what happens during the mission may cause some problems for you on the ground. As in "What the hell were you thinking!" and getting in a fight, maybe getting injured from the fight.

Jet Fighter 3 kind of had some out of cockpit things going on. You get emails from  a "friend", you had quarters you could mess with, Star Lancer was like that too afer the mission you had an "email" as a de-breifing and if something major happened you could hear about it on the news.

I'd also like to some things that honor those quirky programs that never ... took flight. They existed, they were being developed ... but just never left the experimental stages. Like the Star Wars program for instance. Using a Space Shuttle to destroy certain bases, and bunkers. Could you imagine launching to space and destroying targets with a space shuttle? No AAA right?

More detailed realistic carrier operations that include:

1) Landing Aids /LSO simulation

2) Detailed Mission Planning Options with ability to select weapons and aircraft for entire strike package if desired.

3) Realistic carrier movement

An ACMI range capability with Top Gun / Weapons School type engagements that don't require destroying opponent. Would include debrief/track review .

Mission track recording is a must. One thing I really like in IL-2 / COD/ ROF etc. and miss in SF series (IMO that's game with best visual environment modeling and track recording would be great)

Options for switching between Pilot/RIO/WSO or flying whole mission as RIO/WSO/EWO.(This requires better AI control of aircraft when not flying pilot position.)

Some games already have this but include/retain ability to fly different aircraft assignments  other than flight/squadron lead.

• Like 2

Everything that is SF2, but better. Don't change anything, just make it better. LOL!

• Like 1

Everything that sherif said plus real vortexs for each plane and the turbulence that makes the wings kinda move and for more of a realistic missile launch for each weapon for example a white pluff cloud with the fire instead of having a grayish lookin missile shot. also moving cars and people kinda like the real thing and real airbases with people guiding. carrier ops where you can taxi to any catapult

Edited by DEVIL11
  • Like 1

SF2 with all the bugs worked out. Maybe with the ability use the ground radar to target stuff added.

• Like 2

Everything that sherif said plus real vortexs for each plane and the turbulence that makes the wings kinda move and for more of a realistic missile launch for each weapon for example a white pluff cloud with the fire instead of having a grayish lookin missile shot. also moving cars and people kinda like the real thing and real airbases with people guiding. carrier ops where you can taxi to any catapult

well thats sounds allmost as the new flight simulator 2015 about to release..

and those vortex and wing movement you have in fsx.. also airport and civil movement is present in fsx.

only you need for fsx/fsx acceleration/fs2004 a special mod to fire or shoot at other planes and the other planes needs to be modded, a hell of a job...

but after that well then it allmost is how you like to see fighter sim.

I'd like some things you mentioned as well. Some out of cockpit experiences such as basic training and flight school (RPG elements for character creation) a story in the skies and on the ground. What happens on the ground affects what happens in the skies and visa versa. For example ... on the ground your wingman is going through some stuff. You can either help him out or ignore him. Ignoring him then well your wingman will have a personal matter ... say divorce on their mind instead of the mission. Or what happens during the mission may cause some problems for you on the ground. As in "What the hell were you thinking!" and getting in a fight, maybe getting injured from the fight.

Jet Fighter 3 kind of had some out of cockpit things going on. You get emails from  a "friend", you had quarters you could mess with, Star Lancer was like that too afer the mission you had an "email" as a de-breifing and if something major happened you could hear about it on the news.

I'd also like to some things that honor those quirky programs that never ... took flight. They existed, they were being developed ... but just never left the experimental stages. Like the Star Wars program for instance. Using a Space Shuttle to destroy certain bases, and bunkers. Could you imagine launching to space and destroying targets with a space shuttle? No AAA right?

i used to have a flight sim in the early days of cd-rom

and i dont know its name anymore...

but it was like this.. you fly a plane i tought it was ef2000 or tornado and the first mission was fly to a base

and when your at that base and getting out of your plane you are in a NATO command room.

so yeah a little base action..

also in the same period i got a program also lost the name of it.

but it was a flight sim sandbox.

where you can design your own plane and fly it and even can export it to lets say fs2000 <those early days>

not the best graphics i tell you but.. physics (Y) when you designed a brick with wings and a little motor it wont take off or when you started in the air your uncontrollable crashing in to the ground..

Edited by Gulfwarfighter

More detailed realistic carrier operations that include:

1) Landing Aids /LSO simulation

2) Detailed Mission Planning Options with ability to select weapons and aircraft for entire strike package if desired.

3) Realistic carrier movement

An ACMI range capability with Top Gun / Weapons School type engagements that don't require destroying opponent. Would include debrief/track review .

Mission track recording is a must. One thing I really like in IL-2 / COD/ ROF etc. and miss in SF series (IMO that's game with best visual environment modeling and track recording would be great)

Options for switching between Pilot/RIO/WSO or flying whole mission as RIO/WSO/EWO.(This requires better AI control of aircraft when not flying pilot position.)

Some games already have this but include/retain ability to fly different aircraft assignments  other than flight/squadron lead.

i had a submarine game where you can switch to rio wso.. called Dangerous Waters

i think DCS world was on it good way but there is something about it i dont like but i can't tell you because i can't  get the right words for it.

i like the editor in arma 3, but it takes a lot of code typing <i hope in the future they make that more easy>

i like to see such a editor in the next gen flighter sims

<yeah i know dcs got allmost the same editor>

second of all i think flight sims are at install very boring

after a few flights you did all there is in a flight sim and the rest is well lets say repeat of everything you have done allready.

so mods are needed to maintain the fun

so i think it should be fun to develop planes ingame.

but not on the level like say need for speed kind of upgrades but real development.

from aero to electronics and cockpit layout.

also weapons development not to be like ending up with starwars  <the movie> kind of things but like in the real world.

upgrading speed/radar/locking system etc. such as sidewinder P to sidewinder X

that track review you got in Falcon 4.0 series  called tacviewer recorded with acmi ingame

and also in falcon you can creat trainings mission without having to shoot.. but simulated like at those top gun schools

this is a movie i made for a virtual squadron try out...

i add some stuff to make the mission more fun.. they did only require to drop bombs on a building but i add a mig or su  fighter jet to try to stop me <multi role fighting like f-16 was build for>

my bombs even hit a chimney after some figure 8 movement at the target

the graphics aren't great because ingame replay sucks a bit.. but first part is the tacview system..

Edited by Gulfwarfighter

ps my landing look weird too much to the right but that was trying for landing with 2 planes at once.

the vid was for joining a virtual falcon bms squadron called 31th