Sign in to follow this  
roree

getting add ons to run

First of all, thanks for the help on my last question. Now I am able to get the add on planes into the aircraft file but only 2 appear in the SFP1 single mission aircraft box. All the others don't appear. What did I do wrong? Thanks.

Edited by roree

Going to have to give me more details that than.

Going to have to give me more details that than.

Thanks for the reply. What happens is that I have downloaded a number of add on planes, Unzip them and add to the aircraft file in objects folder. What I can't figure out is that only a few make it onto the plane list in the single mission screen. Outside of the game supplied planes all I can get are a super cobra, corsair and thunderjet. All the others don't make it out of the folder. I suspect that I am doing something fundamentally wrong, but can't figure it out.

It sounds like it may be a classic case of "folder within a folder". The aircraft folder needs to be a subfolder of the obects folder, and cannot contain another similarly named folder within itself. For example, the F-15A folder should NOT contain another folder named F-15A.

the other possibilty is that you're installing aircraft that are not meant for the particular sim you have (ie, WoV-only aircraft in SF, SF-only aircraft in WoV). They won't work because specific files needed to support them are not present.

Give us a list of the AC you've DL'ed, and which sim (SF/WoV), you're trying to install them in.

It sounds like it may be a classic case of "folder within a folder".  The aircraft folder needs to be a subfolder of the obects folder, and cannot contain another similarly named folder within itself.  For example, the F-15A folder should NOT contain another folder named F-15A.

the other possibilty is that you're installing aircraft that are not meant for the particular sim you have (ie, WoV-only aircraft in SF, SF-only aircraft in WoV). They won't work because specific files needed to support them are not present.

Give us a list of the AC you've DL'ed, and which sim (SF/WoV), you're trying to install them in.

ok. I was looking for an excuse to pick up WOV and this sounds like a good one. After I try WOV with these planes I will let you guys know the outcome. Thanks again.

Are there only planes for SF gold? Is this a better game than P1? Is there a preference between Gold and WOV?

Get both SFG and WOV, they are cheap and you cant go wrong.