- Version 1.32
- 2,978 downloads
The Mirage Factory F-14 Tomcat Super Pack V1.32 22 APR, 2017
What it is:
This is the F-14 Tomcat Super Pack v1.32 Full. It includes addition of Direct Lift Control to the Flight Model, AI AIM-54 Phoenix Missiles, modified Iranian F-14 loadouts and other minor adjustments.
1. This was tested at July 2013 patch level, on an "All 5 Merged" install, as well as a "vanilla" SF2:NA install. Because it uses AvionicsF14A.dll, will require at least SF2:NA (or a TW F-14) to work! It will not work on Gen 1 sims, nor will it work correctly on pre-April 2012 installs! (Caveat: Avionics70.dll F-14D should work on pre-April patch levels).
2. It is HIGHLY recommended you back up your current F-14s to a back up folder. If you have extra skins installed and wish to keep your current folders, be ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN to delete the cockpit folders from each aircraft folder after backing up, as this install features updated cockpits, and retention of the old folders will lead to artifacting on the RWR, VDI, and other systems. If you have custom skins installed, be sure to back up your F-14(A/A+/B/D).ini to preserve the texture set data.
1. Unzip the contents of the F-14SP_V132.7z file into a folder.
1a. If you have installed the Avionics70 F-14D, ensure you back up the .ini files if you haven't renamed the bird, since this install will overwrite F-14D_92, 96 and 06!
2. Open your Strike Fighters 2 mod folder (e.g., C:\User\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\...)
3. CAUTION: (ONLY FOR PRE-v1.30 VERSIONS), DELETE THE PRE-1.30 COCKPIT FOLDERS!!! FAILURE TO DO SO WILL CAUSE ARTIFACTING ON THE VDI, HSD, RWR, AND POSSIBLY OTHER SYSTEMS!!!
3.a. IGNORE STEP 3 IF YOU ARE UPDATING v1.30 OR v1.31
4. Copy the contents of the unzipped Effects, Flight, Missions, Objects, and Sounds folders into your SF2 mod folder, allowing all files to overwrite (Effects, Flight, Missions, Objects\Aircraft, Objects\Weapons, etc).
4a. (RECOMMENDED) Review the flight manual for tactical employment of the F-14.
5. Go fly!
If this either a new install or an update to the F-14SP v1.30 or 1.31, follow the above procedure, allowing all files to overwrite. If this is an update to 1.14-1.22, follow step 3; for in-depth instructions, follow the F-14SP V132 Installation Instructions.pdf
-You may choose to use the Avionics70.dll F-14D for SAR mode on strike missions. If you wish to do so, see Section 6 of the F-14 SP Update V132 word document (Para 6.1-6.3) for install procedures and recommendations.
F-14A (1974-1984, 1982-1995, 1996-2004)
Iranian F-14A (1977-2030)
F-14B (1991-1995, 1996-2005)
F-14D (1992-1995, 1996-2006, 2005-2006)
List of effective changes:
v1.32 22 Apr 2017
1. Added Direct Lift Control, based on Cliff7600's spoiler speedbreak mod
2. Added AI Phoenix missiles with Rmax of 65nm to improve AI F-14 Probability of Kill
3. Updated flight manual to reflect DLC change and AI AIM-54 (now 75pgs)
4. Assigned White external fuel tanks to F-14A_74 and F-14A_IR (IR does not carry externals by default)
5. Fixed White fuel tank capacity (was not adjusted with grey tank prior)
6. Updated Iranian F-14A loadouts to better match most current data from ACIG
7. Updated/Added Iranian AIM-7E-3 and AIM-9J models to equip Iranian F-14As
8. Changed F-14A_IR availability date to 2030
v1.31 1 Aug 2016
1. Updated engine static thrust to match NATOPS installed measurements
2. Updated flight manual to reflect thrust change
v1.30 11 Jun, 2016
1. Updated F-14A/B cockpit by Chris "ToS" with tweaks by Crusader & Caesar
2. Fixed radar scan elevation in VSL-Hi
3. Adjusted aircraft empty weights to remove gun ammo and trapped fuel
4. Added AI F-14s to improve AI survivability in a dogfight
5. Adjusted default gun tracking range to 1000ft/305m. Gun is now more accurate both with and without lock. (Crusader noticed & it was implemented)
6. Adjusted auto-departure numbers to allow the aircraft to fly and depart more naturally
7. Adjusted maximum altitude to provide player engines a buffer between 55,000 and 60,000 feet.
8. Updated cockpit avionics & weapon symbology
9. Updated Wing Sweep schedule and gave Glove Vanes smooth animation to match NATOPS
10. Reduced effectiveness of ALQ-100 & 126
11. Adjusted bands on the AN/ALR-45/50 to match published data
12. Adjusted AoA Indexer to match NATOPS (green = slow, yellow = on-speed, red = fast)
13. Adjusted F-14D_96 loadouts to remove extra AIM-7 loaded into Station 5 alongside AIM-54s
14. Adjusted Sedjil pylon allowable weight (was too low to equip missile)
15. Added inaugural cruise paint schemes for VF-1, -2, -14, -24, -32, -41, -84, -114, and -213
16. Adjusted avionics symbology
17. Added 74-page F-14 SP Flight Manual “F-14SP 01-F14ABD-1.pdf”
18. Fixed ACM Panel (Crusader)
19. Fixed F-14A_82 CAP loadout, which put the ALE-29/39 in the wrong location
20. Fixed jettison point of ECA/EFA to forward Phoenix Station 6R to match installed location
21. Changed skins to .jpeg format to significantly reduce size of mod without sacrificing detail
22. Adjusted external tank fuel quantities to 1800 lbs/tank (maximum internal and external fuel together now matches real-world 19,800lbs, rather than over 20,000lbs).
23. Adjusted engine thrust and Specific Fuel Consumption (SFC). The F110 had approximately 60% of the TF30’s SFC. The F110 was adjusted to lower SFC, while the TF30 was adjusted to increase SFC.
Model: Flying Toaster, Oli
Cockpit: Chris (original and new update) with tweaks by Crusader and Caesar
FM: ThirdWire, Caesar, Column5, Spectre8750, Cliff7600
Avionics: Crusader, ThirdWire, Sup Gen, Caesar, Dave, CrazyhorseB34
Pilots: Old_Diego, CrazyhorseB34
Skins: Dave, Spectre8750, Column5, Caesar
NATOPS Textures: Chris
Extra Hangar and Loading Screens: Dave
Ejection Mod: Stary
Testing: Caesar, Sup Gen, Dave, EricJ, Spectre8750, Saisran, Cougar_1979
Weapons: Ravenclaw, wpnssgt, Bunyap and others
New Phoenix: Ravenclaw
Manuals/Flight Manual: Caesar
===Dedidacted to Oli===