Sign in to follow this  
zoomzoom

Any Suggestions?

I currently have it set at "25". I haven't tested it higher than this yet but may "push that envelope" to see how it goes. You mentioned to keep "upping" the number until you notice a slow down. Well, since this fixed my initial "Slow Performance" jaggies, what kind of slow down should I be looking for at the other end of this spectrum? That is to know I've reached the limit? Thanks again though....this was invaluable info!

ZZ.

I currently have it set at "25". I haven't tested it higher than this yet but may "push that envelope" to see how it goes. You mentioned to keep "upping" the number until you notice a slow down. Well, since this fixed my initial "Slow Performance" jaggies, what kind of slow down should I be looking for at the other end of this spectrum? That is to know I've reached the limit? Thanks again though....this was invaluable info!

ZZ.

ZZ,

From my experience, you'll start seeing microstuttering when you reach the end limits of your particular combination of video card, memory timings , FSB speed, CPU speed/cache, OS, etc., AND whatever is going on in the sim.

A FPS limit of 25 in BHaH is very playable. I have mine capped at 40, although I can easily reach 60 at altitude with nothing going on. When I hit the front lines or get in a 12 plane furrball, I'm looking at 20-25, which is still very smooth, with no jaggies.

If you want good, thoughtful advice on hardware, Parky is hard to beat. What I enjoy about this forum is that it's like a formal brainstorming session...all ideas are welcome, and the discussion eventually leads to the best solution.

Edited by BirdDogICT