Sign in to follow this  
deacon211

Mods Not Being Recognized?

Hey gang,

After seeing some of Beach's killer after action reports, decided to try SF2 after a long respite from SF1.

I purchased SF2V and installed the Vietnam Air/Ground expansion, which seems to run fine (as far as I can tell) with Green Hell and the Tree mod. 

So, I decided to try the Skunkworks WWII Pacific mods.  I purchased SF2 and SF2NA (I understand that this is not a FULL merged install, but that it was sufficient for this mod).The issue I'm having here however, is that even after installing the mods via the PDF which entail creating a copied SF2NA exe and ini and changing the ini to point to the Campaigns folder in the newly created mod directory, the exe valiantly attempts to initialize with the new mod screen, but then fails and points to the default SF2NA menu screen and locks up upon clicking any menu option.

Is there some step I'm missing to get the exe in your SF2 folder to look at the mods folder for its data.  I think I have done everything in the readme, but clearly don't understand how the mod system fully works in this sim.

Any help you could give would be much appreciated!

Deacon

Hey, finally got it working with the help of Capun.

Here's what helped me for those that might have the same issue.  Somehow, my SSD and mechanical hard drive developed some sort of conflict, so I had to point the exe to the proper options.ini...I understand that this is not normally the case.

Posted with Capun's permission and changed terms to more closely match the WW2 PDF install document:

1- Go to the folder with the executable program StrikeFighters2 WW2Pacific.exe

2- Create a StrikeFighters2 WW2Pacific.ini file from the SF2-NA version. (MY EDIT: This was probably already created during the mod install process)

3- Modify the ini file, options section:

[Options]
OptionsFile=Options-WW2Pacific.ini

4- Create a C:\Users\MyName\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 WW2Pacific (MY EDIT: This was probably already created during the mod install process)

5- Inside that folder copy and modify the stock Options.ini file and rename it Options-WW2Pacific.ini

6- Modify the ini file Mods and Screenshots section to point to the actual mod folder

[Mods]
ModsEnabled=TRUE
Directory=C:\Users\MyName\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 WW2Pacific
Editors=StrikeFighters2

[screenShots]
Directory=C:\Users\MyName\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 WW2Pacific\ScreenShots
Format=JPG

7- Go to the actual mod folder, C:\Users\MyName\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 WW2Pacific

8- Copy the Options-WW2Pacific.ini from step 2.  (MY EDIT:  When I went through the process, steps 7 and 8 weren't necessary as the renamed options.ini is already there...you merely must rename the ini as in step 5 and change the entries in step 6).

Don't know if this helps anyone but wanted to post it here for Captain Google to point to. :-)

Deacon

Edited by deacon211
  • Like 1